Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

another one, called Ebony Trace, which I *think* is for the patron Michael P. It was in my list, so it got done. If I got a mix up, I apologize.

IF any of you wish to commission from me, PUH-leeze put the name of the character(s) in the subject line when you send me e-mails. When I get bombarded with 10 possibles and 5 definites and some of those are multiple characters... it gets tough to remember who commissioned what.

thanks.

w/o further ado:

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12280

Yep, Aegis is on the same team as the others (it's a big team; the players have multiple characters to choose from).

I'll have to wait until I can access my home e-mail, though. :(

Found your home e-mail, it will be waiting for you when you get home.

I'm just glad it is a front-on view rather than one from below Aegis.

Of course, now that we have gotten him to start wearing underpants, everything is better.

I don't know--if he's going to go commando, it'd be an interesting power:

flash vs. sight 3d6 NND, No Conscious Control (only when jumping or in windy conditions), 0 END

...and you could somehow link it to a PRE atack or a Soc Lim: Watched by parents'/decency groups.

Shouldn't Aegis look...um... manly?

The one thing I must apologize for, I looked over at the other thread, where Aegis's write up is... and the descript mentions blond curly hair. I totally went the other direction... I either forgot that he had blond hair... or I was never told... the forgetting part is probably more likely.

However, hind sight is a wonderful thing. I think Aegis looks better in my minds eye with the dark, straight hair than the way I think the blond curls would look... that is always the greek god cliche... the blond curls.

Anyway.

Here is Cinder for one of my European patrons. For his cyberpunk game. A ton of write-ups of his game are here (plus pics as I get them done):

http://humanitypress.mvlan.net/cp2020/archives/storyline/index.html

And Cinder...

CinderIIIloRes.jpg

Shouldn't Aegis look...um... manly?

The one thing I must apologize for, I looked over at the other thread, where Aegis's write up is... and the descript mentions blond curly hair. I totally went the other direction... I either forgot that he had blond hair... or I was never told... the forgetting part is probably more likely.

However, hind sight is a wonderful thing. I think Aegis looks better in my minds eye with the dark, straight hair than the way I think the blond curls would look... that is always the greek god cliche... the blond curls.

Actually, I didn't remember that I *had* those descriptions on the character sheet until I printed them out for that thread. :o So I don't know where the descriptions I sent you came from, but I didn't remember he was supposed to have curly blond hair, either. (and now I'm too lazy to go edit that post, because all the ***'s will show up. eh.)

But dark hair is good (says the guy with dark hair).

... And I guess the Dirk Diggler-ness explains why they wanted him to start wearing underpants. ;)

oh good... I didn't mess up on the hair.

still, like the dark hair better, makes Aegis more intense than a bunch of golden locks.

Onto more character portraits.

Death Tribble's Evil Perky Blond (his name)

PerkBloRes.jpg

Another masterpiece Storn...wish I could afford to have some of your work done for my character's...or at least 1/4 of your talent.

Guest Skaramine

oh good... I didn't mess up on the hair.

still, like the dark hair better, makes Aegis more intense than a bunch of golden locks.

Onto more character portraits.

Death Tribble's Evil Perky Blond (his name)

PerkBloRes.jpg

Death Tribble needs some more rep from me.

So, when's he going to requisition a bat-wielding redhead?

Storn' date=' if you wouldn't mind, could you share how you do the "glow" on the magic you draw?[/quote']

I work in photoshop.

I color the scanned inks of the character. Usually on 3 layers, base/main layer (which I leave pristine in case I make a mistake). A duplicate layer of the inks set to "multiply", a highlight layer set to normal.

I then finish coloring the duplicate layer.

This one was tricky. See if I can remember how I did it.

I created a layer between duplicate and base. I drew two circles around the hands using the circle template tool. I filled them in with the blue/green. But since the layer above was set to multiply, the blue "bleeds" through.

I then went to the duplicate layer, selected all the white. Inversed it (so now I have the figure selected). Went to the circle layer and deleted the figure's shapes from the circles.

Then I reselected the circles with the wand, made my selection smaller by 15 pixels twice (you can do it up to a max of 15 at a time). Deleted the remainder...so I have thin blue lines now. Then I did a whole bunch of lines using hte line segment tool in the same blue green. Collapsed all the lines (each line creates its own layer)

Selected circle and lines, created another layer below circle layer. Expanded the selection, feathered the selection, put down Soft Light fill of a lighter blue/green.

Went back to the orignal circle/line layer, reselected it again. Put a layer on top this time, shrunk the selection down slightly and put down a Hard Light fill of a very, very light fill.

I think I messed with the opacity of the Hard Light fill (it was a bit too bright) and expanded the original circle/line layer a bit to encapsulate the thin white line.

Flatten the whole damn image, save it. Send it to death tribble.

hey... you asked.

Excellent! Thanks Storn! I'm becoming pretty proficient with PS, nothing even close to you but getting better, and was able to follow everything you said. Now I'm off to try it. Thanks again.