Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

yes I do.

And obviously, you do not. It is not how you think. You only think you do.

Actually I do, but it also depends on where you are from in Germany and the dialect you are using. There is a small town in southern Germany where the dialect is so different they have their own dictionary. Does your mother speak hoch Deutsch?

Why do you think Johnny is so tough. With a name like that... you better be able to make your way in the world.

LOL That is what I was thinking as well actually.

Btw' date=' it is my mother's maiden name.[/quote']

My mother's maiden name is Reohr. It is insane having a German name like that. I don't think a single one of my uncles can give their name without spelling it out. Thankfully I got saddled with Miller and never had that problem. LOL

EDIT: Oh and just to make sure everyone knows, I intended no disrespect and was only fooling around.

Catspaw is really great Storn. Would this happen to also be a RP setting? I think this would be a cool setting to play in. It almost has the feel of an Exalted game, but lower powered. Have you considered stating out the characters and posting them as an appendix or some such? White Wolf did something similar with their short lived Exalted comic. At the back of each issue they included game stats and/or interviews.

Catspaw is really great Storn. Would this happen to also be a RP setting? I think this would be a cool setting to play in. It almost has the feel of an Exalted game' date=' but lower powered. Have you considered stating out the characters and posting them as an appendix or some such? White Wolf did something similar with their short lived Exalted comic. At the back of each issue they included game stats and/or interviews.[/quote']

No, it is not a RP setting. John Hocking and I have played games together, Witchcraft notably, but it isn't a rolepaying setting. It IS set in the world of the Archivist which is archived (appropriately) at the back of Catspaw and are well worth reading.

I haven't really considered statting out charcters or trying to flesh out the world more than I have with my visuals and John's writing. Right now, I'm not making a cent off Catspaw... so to do more work than I've already promised? yikes.

Got a chance to play Prime Time Adventures last night. Here are some quickie sketches while at the table.

The genre/setting is a post apocalyptic world where the characters are trying to revive civilization... starting with the reclamation of Manhattan and most specifically the New York Public Library.

Mutants and overgrown, unknown jungles are outside of the 14 mile rock known as Manhattan.

The show is named "Lions at the Gate", in reference to Patience and Fortitude, the two marble lions that bracket the magnificient steps of the library.

All of our characters have greek naming conventions, which sorta evolved, but is kinda cool to me.

First up is Prometheus and Medea. JF's Prometheus is the tinkerer engineer who is more loyal to his brother who stole the secret of gunpowder from our Tribe and is distributing it to cannibals, mutants and despots outside of Tribe territory.

Jd's Medea was brought up as a cannibal, but learned to read...and that saved her life when she was captured by The Tribe. She is now the teacher to The Tribe's children and the most avid researcher at the Library.

PMloRes.jpg

Then there is B's Rion Greenwhich, a 'slinger, as in gunslinger, the rangers of The Tribe and caretakers of the secret of Black Powder. Rion is dubious about the Library's uses (the drain of The Tribe's food, manpower and resources is high). But is tied to my character as my father was his partner...and upon my pop's death, oaths to protect me were made. Not to mention, he just got roped into being the Council of Elders voice at the Library project.

RyanloRes.jpg

Then there is Ulysses Station, my character. He might be a descendent of "The Founder", a woman with piercing green eyes and who managed to keep the spark of learning alive, while protecting or even creating The Tribe back in the black days of yore. Ulysses has evolving psychic abilities, further connecting him to The Founder's legacy... but a legacy he is unsure that he wants to step into. Can he make a life of his own choosing?

UlyssesloRes.jpg

I usually don't speak up in the chorus of Storn praise, I used to tell him in person, now it's a bit of a drive.

I have to admit I like this pic. The stance and "feel" is very cool. A lot of character in the pic. I see a fast fencer very skilled, leaping swashbuckling. Overall very nice. The mask is cool too.

Also Kudos to "J" for the creation of him. My apologies for not knowing your full name to give credit where credit is due.

Storn...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Without your visuals, The Defenders would be just a rag tag bunch of guys in spandex. Your art makes them heroes. Incredible. At least no VISUAL hiccups will occur as we transition from Mac Bashtee to the Rampant Lion..

..now if only the in-game transition can be so smooth! ;)

Here is another character commission for the patron extraordinaire, Death Tribble. A modded, weaponized Apollo space suit was the idea.

ApollomodSuitloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Open the pod bay doors' date=' HAL.[/quote']

I can't do that Dave.

The American Battlesuit is the winner of the Vote for next Commissioned art from Storn for this year on the boards. The idea is that is the first commissioned battlesuit built on the NASA astronaut design. And is the most successful remaining in operation since inception.

I can't do that Dave.

The American Battlesuit is the winner of the Vote for next Commissioned art from Storn for this year on the boards. The idea is that is the first commissioned battlesuit built on the NASA astronaut design. And is the most successful remaining in operation since inception.

Suck it Hal!

*Boom*

Welcome Aboard, Dave...er, sorry about that. Don't shoot me again.

Looks good!

wow really gorgeous work as ever. your action poses just keep getting better storn. I'm afraid I've had to recolour them for my own nefarious purposes as they are just perfect for two concepts I was working on.

anyway a big thank you to death tribble and whoever commissioned rampant lion for saving me a lot of hassle finding illustrations for characters.

I can't do that Dave.

Uh, Trib...that design is not originally American, its Russian. Look at any old photo of Yuri Gagarin if ya want. Meanwhile, you'd see Alan Shepard's spacesuit look like something Japanese aliens would wear in old Godzilla movies. Seriously. As NASA basically copied the Russian design eventually, it doesn't seem to fit an 'American Battlesuit' motif IMO.

YMMV though, I suppose. :)