What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Guest Celt

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Just watching Star Trek Enterprise tv series. Like it well enough' date=' but holy cow the theme song is awful![/quote']

Continuing to watch Enterprise, just got to 3rd season. Oh my stars and garters, the theme song gets worse!

Coriolanus with Ralph Fiennes. Good backup cast including Vanessa Redgrave, Gerard Butler and Brian Cox. One of the less well known Shakespeare plays this deals with the myth of the Roman general who was banished from Rome and was only persuaded from sacking the place at the head of the Volsci by his mother.

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. Leonard Nimoy is the baddie ? NOOOOOOOO !!!!!! Leo baby we would have given you the money. NEM. Not Enough Megatron. But I echo Keyes Bill's sentiments about the Hero being someone you hate.

Coriolanus with Ralph Fiennes. Good backup cast including Vanessa Redgrave' date=' Gerard Butler and Brian Cox. One of the less well known Shakespeare plays this deals with the myth of the Roman general who was banished from Rome and was only persuaded from sacking the place at the head of the Volsci by his mother.[/quote']

There is a local Shakespeare group that performed it just prior to release, not surprisingly, that was the first time I'd seen it performed (though I had read it in a copy of the "First Folio". While T. S. Eliot put it on a scale with "Antony and Cleopatra" and I appreciate the grand sclale, I am still looking for a performance to convince me of the grandeur of the work. Did you like the movie?

Just got back from The Amazing Spiderman. Better than I thought it would be. My only real gripe against it was that it basically retold his origin again(lengthening the movie to nearly two and a half hours....my poor bladder!)That said the portrayal of Peter Parker here was great....and Spider-man was probably about as close to the comic book as we've ever seen(kudos for bringing back the ACTUAL web shooters).

Finally saw The Avengers Monday. I arrived at the theater late, but it was the only showing that day at that theater, so I went in 10-20 minutes late. Everybody had been assembled aboard the Helicarrier, but Loki hadn't made his appearance in Germany yet. I still got my money's worth, but I'm looking forward to the DVD release so I can watch it some more.

"Singin' in the Rain". TCM had a one night showing in theaters, before the 60th Anniversary Blu-Ray box set comes out on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun to see with a fairly large audience.

In a different vein, I saw "Avengers" last Saturday. I really liked it, especially the Dr Banner/Hulk stuff.

JoeG

I liked Lost. I realize, many years afterwards that my mind was filling in the plot holes. The ending episode had some great music. As to the rest, meh.

I've been watching Supernatural. Got to Season 6 (latest one on Netflix). The first season is the best, in my opinion. I will say that I would have liked to have run Season 4. Some great concepts that would fit very well in a role playing game. Some of the monster lore is not how I would do it. I like my shapeshifting werewolves for example. Need to read up more on angels. Basically toying with the idea of running an Urban Fantasy game soonish.

My wife and I are of the opinion that Supernatural should have ended with season 5. After the Apocalyspe, everything else is so much inertia.

"Singin' in the Rain". TCM had a one night showing in theaters, before the 60th Anniversary Blu-Ray box set comes out on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun to see with a fairly large audience.

JoeG

Ditto. Except I saw it here in Atlanta. I was really happy to see the age range of people that went to see it. As I was walking out, a young girl (14ish) walked out with her best friend and said: "I'm so glad you liked it. That's my favorite movie." It's moments like those that give me hope for humanity.