What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Watched the first (of five) discs of the latter day Battlestar Galactica, Season One. Seems pretty solid, though I'm told by the folks I borrowed it from that Season Two was a letdown. I remember the original having a similar track record. Funny how that works...

Also in the past few days, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot and At The Earth's Core. Those silly Doug McClure movies really made a lasting impression on me when I was a kid. The only one I've never been able to track down is Warlords Of Atlantis... which I vaguely recall as being the silliest of the bunch. I don't care; I still want it. :P

Yeah, I was way into all those Lost World Action Romances back when I was a kid too.

I've been trying to remember which one had a Big Game Hunter as a supporting character who elected to stay behind when everyone is escaping back to civilization, because the T-Rex is now his ultimate challenge.

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I've been watching the EURO 2012 soccer tournament, a tournament of European national teams that is being played in Poland and Ukraine. The Poles are probably especially pleased that Russia did not advance -- there have been more than a few problems with Russian fans, including racist chants and brawls in the stands and concourses.

There's been some fascinating stuff here. Germany is the only team that has a chance to win all three group-stage games (the sixteen teams are divided into four groups of four each -- each group plays a single round-robin and the top two from each group advance to the knockout quarterfinals). And in their group all four teams enter the final match with a chance to advance -- even the Netherlands who have been beaten by the Germans and the Danes.

As an indicator of how Europe has changed over the last forty years, there are many African-descended and Mideast-descended players on the various teams where fifty years ago you would expected these teams to be all-white. Shows how the cultural mix of Europe is being enriched by immigration.