What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Well, I finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and I did like it. Though it was a head-scratcher for me with the people in the film complaining about the East India Company killing pirates (and others); what about all the people that the pirates killed (none of whom we saw onscreen, but still?).

It feels all the odder to me given that I just read a book on modern piracy, written by someone who's experienced it first-hand, and it was downright creepy reading.

It feels all the odder to me given that I just read a book on modern piracy' date=' written by someone who's experienced it first-hand, and it was downright creepy reading.[/quote']

When Pastafarians talk about increasing the "World Pirate Quotient" as a protective measure against Global Warming, I don't think the Somalis are what they had in mind. They'ere thinking peg legs and eye-patches, not AK-47s and speedboats.

Heh' date=' am watching the original Japanese release of [i']Godzilla Raids Again[/i] as I type. :P

I love kaiju flicks, but Godzilla Raids Again is a pretty bad film. The very epitome of "quickie sequel"(being released barely six months after Gojira). Considering how much better Rodan turned out about a year later....GRA is remembered mostly for the introduction of the monster vs monster format.

You made it that far? I never made it past the half way point of the 1st episode on multiple attempts.

I was turned off by the first promos. It would have required a massive ignorance of avionics to believe anyone could have survived that crash.

According to some, I turned out to be right. Don't know for sure.

Guest Celt

I was turned off by the first promos. It would have required a massive ignorance of avionics to believe anyone could have survived that crash.

According to some, I turned out to be right. Don't know for sure.

The answer to most questions in Lost is magic. Often mysterious, unknowable magic. Lost seemed to pretty much be made up as it went along, and certain plot elements often seemed to be forgotten between seasons.

The answer to most questions in Lost is magic. Often mysterious' date=' unknowable magic. Lost seemed to pretty much be made up as it went along, and certain plot elements often seemed to be forgotten between seasons.[/quote']

Yeah.

I wasn't a regular watcher, but many of my friends were, and to say they were let down by the ending is an understatement.

You made it that far? I never made it past the half way point of the 1st episode on multiple attempts.

I'm very stubborn. The acting I would have to say is above average, and the characterization is pretty good. However, the plot was causing me too many issues.

My wife said it does get better, (she's done with season 2), but Bobb, our hospitality cat says it still sucks. (Our TV in in the room with him)