What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Watched Bushido Man. A student decides to fight seven masters and attain their scrolls of mastery. When he returns, his master has one more lesson from him to learn.

The Protector 2. Kham loses his elephant again and gets mixed up in a plot to continue a civil war. 

Suspect. A defector living in South Korea becomes the target of a manhunt when he interferes in the murder of his friend. This winds up biting the murderers in the butt.

CES 

The Sweeney, based on the 1970s Brit TV series.  Heavily armed cops and robbers.  Didn't like the ending.

The second one is much better and the series itself is much better than the first film. Despite who is in the cast.

That must be what Squeeze was referring to in "Cool for Cats" (the original series, not the reboot). How long was that term used in Britain to describe the police?

Sweeney Todd is the Flying Squad. Cockney Rhyming slang and still in use for the unit that investigates armed robbery of banks and hijacks in London.

Lion in Winter, the 2003 version with Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close. And the worst Prince John ever.

A slightly different take than the O'Tool/Hepburn film. Something to watch while you're waiting for the next GoT season... (Not that anyone on that show could compete with the two main actors of either version, but when it comes to intrigues, I'm all for quantity.)

I've been working my way through "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and I was doing fine until I hit the episode, "The Body".

Given the losses in my life lately, it struck just a bit close to home. It's also one of the best episodes of television that I've seen.

I haven't made it that far yet. But I've heard of the repercussions.

Yeah, I found Raid 2 a bit *too* pointless and quite sadistic. And boy, that babyfaced main actor can't carry a movie.

But speaking of chop sockey, I did quite enjoy "Reign of Assassins", featuring the resplendent Michelle Yeoh. It's a Wu Xia movie, but doesn't feature too much leaping around. Great fight scenes, with the usual Chekov's Technique. And the McGuffin everyone is killing for is a dried up body (no, not Linsey Lohan). Eat that, Maltese Falcon!

Red 2- Old People kicking young people's butt. Anthony Hopkins only appears at the end and owns the heroes and their competition up until the last second.

Badges of Fury- buddy cop movie comedy with Jet Li partnered with younger cops while trying to figure out who is killing this actress's   boyfriends.

Young Detective Dee and the Sea Dragon. Dee is assigned to the justice department where he has to stop a plot to kill the Tang Imperial Court, cure a monster, kill a water dragon, and stop assassins trying to stop him.

Despicable me 2- Gru finds true love while trying to stop El Macho.

CES