What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' is a great episode. So too is Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose . I'm watching the X-Files spin-off The Lone Gunman.

Aside from the last few episodes (which were actually just X-Files episodes that were made after tLG was cancelled), I absolutely love the Lone Gunman series. It's a terrible, terrible shame that they cancelled it when they did, forcing them to wrap it up through the X-Files, which was pretty lame. Still, awesome series.

Choice of Weapons: A British movie about some vigilante aristocrats who go Medieval on people who escape justice. Margianlly better than it deserves to be. With Donald Pleasance and David Birney), Worth the fifty cents I paid for it.

The Girl Next Door: An entertaining comedy that many compare to Risky Buisness (a movie I ironically can't stand). Made me think more of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Weird Science. Even has Bill Paxton ERRR Timothy Olyphant in a nice supporting role. Watched this at hulu.com.

Choice of Weapons: A British movie about some vigilante aristocrats who go Medieval on people who escape justice. Margianlly better than it deserves to be. With Donald Pleasance and David Birney)' date=' Worth the fifty cents I paid for it.[/quote']

This sounds like it would make for a good yet bizarre Dark Champions campaign idea.

A double feature of Stardust and Appleseed: Ex Machina. The former is a decent, albeit loose, adaptation of the novel, while the latter is far, far better than the 2006 Appleseed remake.

I saw The Rundown over the weekend. Not bad' date=' but not great. The Rock is a pretty good action star, and he'd make a great Black Adam if they ever get that Shazam! movie off the ground.[/quote']

Haha, I love the Rundown. Saw it randomly in theaters back when it came out with some friends out of complete boredom, hoping for some cheesy movie we could mock for an hour and a half, much like the Scorpion King, but we were sorely mistaken. It's seriously one of my favorite action movies in the last several years, though I am indeed well aware that it's not a terribly great movie in any way.

After that, we all thought that the Rock would become the next Arnie, hell, Arnold was even in the movie! But I don't know what happened, he started doing really, really crappy roles. Lot of wasted potential if you ask me.

Josh and I watched Mulholland Drive last night. All I have to say about that is, WTF? :confused:

And that I shouldn't watch anything by David Lynch that close to bedtime.

Mulholland Drive is the only movie that at the end of it I felt like I lost two hours of my life (Vanilla Sky doesn't count because I only made it through half an hour before turning it off).

Watched Ah, My Goddess: The Movie (2001), Iron Man, and have started to rewatch Full Metal Alchemist.

I watched a bunch of behind the scenes stuff for Cloverfield. Interesting look on making a movie these days.

They filed the last scene first, and the first scene last.

Got "Hudson Hawk" from a friend. Somehow I thought that it was a good or at least okay movie - BOY! WAS I WRONG! I guess the German dubbing didn't do any good to the film, but even if I just take a look at the plot, the "acting" and the general set-up this can't be really any better in the English version.

Was Bruce Willis so broke that he had to do a movie like this or was it a rather sucking, chunk-blowing attempt to get into "comedies"?

Has any of you guys got any idea (or hard facts? semi-liquid would be okay, too)?

Got "Hudson Hawk" from a friend. Somehow I thought that it was a good or at least okay movie - BOY! WAS I WRONG! I guess the German dubbing didn't do any good to the film, but even if I just take a look at the plot, the "acting" and the general set-up this can't be really any better in the English version.

Was Bruce Willis so broke that he had to do a movie like this or was it a rather sucking, chunk-blowing attempt to get into "comedies"?

Has any of you guys got any idea (or hard facts? semi-liquid would be okay, too)?

Apparently Willis co-wrote the script.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Hawk

I watched a bunch of behind the scenes stuff for Cloverfield. Interesting look on making a movie these days.

They filed the last scene first, and the first scene last.

I watched it too, and one coment has left me confused.

If the creature rampaging through Manhattan was literally a newborn, as in just-hatched, where did the parasites dropping off of it come from?

I watched it too, and one coment has left me confused.

If the creature rampaging through Manhattan was literally a newborn, as in just-hatched, where did the parasites dropping off of it come from?

It isn't "just hatched" but it is a "baby." There's a few stories about what it is and how old it is... and while it is a very young what-ever-it-is, it's old enough to get parasites.