What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I've been watching Torchwood recently, thanks to the generosity of a friend with BBCA on her cable system. Much better teamwork and more reasonable characters this year, though there's still an element or two that bugs.

My Blade: The Series DVDs just arrived last night, so I predict much enjoyment watching vampire exploits in the near future.

I found a really good deal on all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 (about $20 a season at Sam's Club), so I'm working my way through the series again in order. I'm about a third of the way into season 2 right now, and I'm really enjoying seeing how everything fits in the big arc.

JoeG

Just watched Justice League: New Frontier yesterday. Hot damn that was fantastic, easily one of (if not the) best super hero movies ever. While I wish it could have been longer (and thus kept more from the trade in), for being only 70ish minutes, they did a phenomenal job.

I am in the process of watching Eureka Season 1. I was always interested in it but found it very hard to jump into mid season. I'm enjoying the heck out of it now :D

Huge fan of Eureka, extremely well done. Glad you're enjoying it.

I picked up Outfoxed from the library, so Josh and I watched it. Apparently I'm determined to give myself an ulcer, because, after we watched it, I grumped for a bit, then picked up Big Box Swindle again.

I'm not feeling terribly grumpy now; apparently the two cancel one another out. Or perhaps it's the feeling of vindication.

Nosferatu: The First Vampire

Basically just the classic film with a new soundtrack, assembled by taking songs off of a thrash Goth band's first three albums 8Type-O Negative). In some parts, the music is perfect, in others, just doesn't fit. Also has a short intro by David Carradine. Another $1 DVD purchase.

Nosferatu: The First Vampire

Basically just the classic film with a new soundtrack, assembled by taking songs off of a thrash Goth band's first three albums 8Type-O Negative). In some parts, the music is perfect, in others, just doesn't fit. Also has a short intro by David Carradine. Another $1 DVD purchase.

Ugh. I'm a big fan of the Max Schreck version - I think I'll give that a miss.

Saw Sweeney Todd last week. Was most intensely impressed - though they clearly had a liking for the flowing red stuff.

I have something called "Sukiyaki Western Django" or simply "Django" waiting for me to watch it. It's apparently this guns and swords "western" taking place around 1100 AD or so. A Japanese film, it's in English. Anyone ever seen it?

Did a movie day at the multiplex yesterday. Penelope was cute, but unremarkable. However, it's amazing how fetching Christina Ricci is while wearing a prosthetic pig snout. Jumper was silly and utterly forgetable. Not even the snazzy effects sequences could save it.

I have something called "Sukiyaki Western Django" or simply "Django" waiting for me to watch it. It's apparently this guns and swords "western" taking place around 1100 AD or so. A Japanese film' date=' it's in English. Anyone ever seen it?[/quote']

I've heard of it, but never seen it. From the descriptions it sounds like it could be good...but I wouldn't bet on that.

They are now showing the first season of Dexter on CBS at 10:00 on Sundays... very dark' date=' but so far very good.[/quote']

Yup, that's where I first saw it. Only took me one episode to get hooked and two episodes for me to order the season one DVDs ;)

I may keep watching the show on CBS just to see how they work around nudity later in the series.