Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Susano

Re: Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

With the announcement of 6th Edition and the like, I started thinking of what books I'd love to create for the HERO System.

3) American Folk (Super) Heroes: American has a rich history of folk heroes, many of whom are superheroes in all but name. Some, we've all heard of (Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill), others less so (Staggolee, A.B. Stormalong). Imagine a man made of steel, another who wrestled bears as a child, and others, who could out-fight, out-shoot, out-think, or out-invent anyone else in the world. I'd even love to have "cinematic" versions of real people, such as Daniel Boone, Davey Crocket, and -- yes -- Elvis Presley.

How about you?

That would be my dream project.

And when/where did 6th edition get announced? I'm not caught up with 5th yet!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see "Champions" sourcebooks covering Central and South America' date=' Japan, China and India, maybe the Middle East as well. "Champions Worldwide" was a good teaser, but i'd like to see more ![/quote']

Which ones would you write?

That would be my dream project.

And when/where did 6th edition get announced? I'm not caught up with 5th yet!

Last Sunday at this year's DunDraCon, during the annual announcement of Hero Games's publication schedule. The first of the "big big announcements" that HG have been touting around here for a couple of weeks.

I'm impressed that you managed not to have heard about it before this. ;)

War Hero would be a great: a basic set of rules for military action and building a campaign with a small squad, then sourcebooks for WW2, Vietnam, GWOT, etc. Lots of potential there. I'd try writing it (I have a lot of ideas) but I have zero military experience.

Fable Hero would be fun, I agree: tall tales, fables, myths, etc. I've long thought a massively multiplayer online game using that concept would work: your characters can step between mythological areas based on the map. You're in Texas, you get tall tales, you're in Oregon you get Indian myths, you're in Finnland, you get the Finnish mythos, you're in Greece, you get greek myths. It would be like 50 games in one, with the ability to port between them. You could even put superheroic stuff in New York City and fantasy role playing in England.

Write ! Me ? I don't think so. I couldn't even come up with anything for the suggested "Australia in the C U" article that someone suggested a while back.:o

Ahh... well, that's the question here. Your personal dream writing projects for HERO. :)

Fable Hero would be fun, I agree: tall tales, fables, myths, etc. I've long thought a massively multiplayer online game using that concept would work: your characters can step between mythological areas based on the map. You're in Texas, you get tall tales, you're in Oregon you get Indian myths, you're in Finnland, you get the Finnish mythos, you're in Greece, you get greek myths. It would be like 50 games in one, with the ability to port between them. You could even put superheroic stuff in New York City and fantasy role playing in England.

I really like this idea.

Ah, actually, Chris isn't the only one you'd need to box with to do a Book of Mecha. Seeing as I've been toying with Giant Robots since I was old enough to like Giant Robots. :D

The Book of Mecha (I suppose this is the new Ultimate line, then)

I'd love to see a Book of Ninja 2.0 (by Michael, as I love the idea of NH and (as I've said to him before) wasn't keen on the presentation).

Urban Fantasy HERO would be huge. I need that book

Cyber HERO

Horror HERO

At what age does a boy's fancy generally turn to giant robots?

Gangster HERO' date=' the organized crime genre book, with rules, guidelines, and advice for running games based on/similar to the Godfather trilogy, the Sopranos, yakuza eiga, etc. etc.[/quote']

I'd buy a copy. If only for the info on gangs. And I know you know your yakuza movies! Say, you going to run another blood-drenched yakuza scenario for HeroCon 2008? I heard a lot of good things about the last one!

I'd buy a copy. If only for the info on gangs. And I know you know your yakuza movies! Say' date=' you going to run another blood-drenched yakuza scenario for HeroCon 2008? I heard a lot of good things about the last one![/quote']

At this stage, I'm thinking of running an old Mayfair Games/DC Heroes adventure supplement (The Watchmen: Taking Out The Trash, 1987) adapted to HERO. I was going to contact you later on today to see if you've typed your Watchmen write-ups into HERO Designer yet. I also wanted to run a Qin: the Warring States demo.

If I ran a yakuza game at HEROCon 08, do you think it would be bad form if I used the same scenario I ran at HEROCon 07?

-Bob

I have put a lot of the Watchman characters into Hero. I was retranslating them based on some new DC to HERO notes I have, but that was for the Minutemen, not the newer characters. As for re-running the same scenario... I don't see why not, as I doubt the same people will play it again.

I would love to see a Cyber Hero / Transhuman Hero / Mecha Hero hybrid. I'm still waiting for Kazei 5. Stop being lazy and get it finished already.:):):)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I typed a word today, hows that? :D