Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Susano

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Although not books' date=' my dream project would be for the production of Hero based mini's - not so much the heroes themselves but such things as VIPER or DEMON agents as well as some of the more infamous villians. Yeah, I can tailor figs already out there, but still it would be fun.[/quote']

That would be pretty cool...

I'd love to write it.

OT but -- how would you handle the Romanian Varcolac? I've read it as an uber-vampire, a giant (were)wolf who can devour the sun and moon with its multiple sets of jaws, and as something draconic.

Myself, I'd prefer to stick with something werewolf-related, simply because there are already enough supervamps out there. Give the poor werewolves a bone.

Ahem. I really cannot believe that we never see a 5th Edition PRIMUS Sourebook.

5th edition? Not gonna happen, unless the author currently chosen to write it declines and someone else picks it up in time to be completed and published before 6e comes out.

Now, a PRIMUS Sourcebook for 6e... that, I hope for.

I know I'm gonna get slapped for this' date=' but I'd honestly want to write a Furry Hero meta-genre book. There's a lot of good, non-sleazy furry work out there. Erma Felna EDF, Zaibatsu Tears, the Redwall books, and classics like Watership Down.[/quote']

Now, I've been known to draw a catgirl now and again, but I'm not seeing the point of this.

Most of the furry cons average about one fifth to one tenth the size of most anime cons, and we can't get Steve Long excited about doing an anime-themed product, so what are the odds you'll ever see a furry-themed product?

Mike, I'm with you on a Tarot group. I had a team just "TAROT" in my last Champs game - a super for each major trump, and each suit was one division of agents, with the Kings and Queens being on par with low powered supers (about on par/ slightly tougher than a Silver Avenger).

I would love to publish my FH campaign setting.

OK, now that you have all committed to your projects it's time to get cracking.

I expect to see some glowing progress reports in the next few weeks.

:whistle:

Hey, my suggestion was for a book I thought should be written, not that I would write it. Besides, the topic was "dream projects," and dreams by definition are not reality. :sneaky:

Hey' date=' my suggestion was for a book I thought should be written, not that I would write it. Besides, the topic was "dream projects," and dreams by definition are not reality. :sneaky:[/quote']

Ahhh... but the intent was for books you would write!

Ahhh... but the intent was for books you would write!

Oh, in that case...

I'd love to write The Book Of The Undying King, giving Takofanes the same treatment that Dr. Destroyer and Mechanon will be getting in their sourcebooks. I have a bunch of ideas for his followers, bases, and plans. And this would let me update my remake of Profesor Muerte for Sixth Edition and make him official. :D

I know I'm gonna get slapped for this' date=' but I'd honestly want to write a Furry Hero meta-genre book. There's a lot of good, non-sleazy furry work out there. Erma Felna EDF, Zaibatsu Tears, the Redwall books, and classics like Watership Down.[/quote']I'm oddly fascinated by this idea. I'd probably buy it just for the potential of expanding the character possibilities in my games.

Also, perhaps ironically, I'm suddenly finding myself in a position to need Mr. Surbrook's Things That Go Bump In The Night.

Hey' date=' my suggestion was for a book I thought should be written, not that I would write it. Besides, the topic was "dream projects," and dreams by definition are not reality. :sneaky:[/quote']

{plugs ears} nah nah nah nah nah

I reject you reality and replace it with my own.

{settles down in a comfortable chair to await all the cool books}

Say, Steve, do you have any dream projects? As in, things you'd love to write (or see written) for the Hero Line if given the chance.

Sure, but they all pretty much fall into the same category: books that would require so much effort and time to write that they're not worth the effort in terms of the return they'd bring:

Victorian Hero

Western Hero

Danger International

The Ultimate Weapon

The Gamer's Guide to Nazi Germany

The Pulp Resource Guide

Dark Champions Battlegrounds

...and on and on. I always have lots of ideas for books I want to write. The problem is finding the time to write 'em, and making 'em profitable once written.

Sure, but they all pretty much fall into the same category: books that would require so much effort and time to write that they're not worth the effort in terms of the return they'd bring:

Victorian Hero

Western Hero

Danger International

The Ultimate Weapon

The Pulp Resource Guide

...and on and on. I always have lots of ideas for books I want to write. The problem is finding the time to write 'em, and making 'em profitable once written.

Strangely, however, these sounds like the kind of books I would really like and gladly purchase. :)

Victorian Hero

Western Hero

Danger International

The Ultimate Weapon

The Pulp Resource Guide

At least 7 ideas for books I'd rather put money into rather than a 6th Edition of Hero.

Victorian Hero

Western Hero

Danger International

The Ultimate Weapon

The Pulp Resource Guide

I'd be interested in DI, TUW, and the PRG at the very least.

Victorian Hero

Western Hero

Danger International

The Ultimate Weapon

The Pulp Resource Guide

Ack! You stab me in the heart :eek:

The emphasis is on the books I would most like to see :(

Though you have dealt my world a near fatal blow, I shall endeavor to persevere………..

Alas.........

Victorian Hero

Ack! You stab me in the heart :eek:

The emphasis is on the books I would most like to see :(

Though you have dealt my world a near fatal blow, I shall endeavor to persevere………..

Alas.........

Yarg. The bloody thing is written. The bloody thing is laid-out. The only thing the bloody thing needs is a frickin' artist who won't frickin' flake out on us and frickin' disappear every frickin' three months. :mad:

I can't see how Danger International ends up on a list of projects not likely to be worth the time to produce.

With the amount of tension and instability all over the world, I'm surprised this isn't a higher priority.

Granted, the fluid nature of international espionage and the politics that motivate them makes for a challenging topic, but a good sourcebook on the universal elements of spycraft would be a welcome addition to my gaming library. I'm sure there are others who think similarly on the subject.