Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

Another eclectic post today. We've got a goth girl, a somewhat alien powersuit, a super team and my newest incarnation of my d&D 4th ed character, Kendric.

Kendric was kinda fun. New technique (started to use "wet" oil brushes in Painter on a ground, been using oils in Painter before, but the wet ones really work differently (and awesomely)). Kendric was a warrior/fighter, but a recent appearance of an ancient, unknown god (the god of secrets), Kendric swore feality and became an invoker. (I was bored being a fighter... this made sense in the in-game fiction as well as providing new toys for me to play with.)

I really like Kendric as an invoker, but kept a lot of the look from the original pic. Kendric was a cop in The City (never was named in our fiction) and then went on the run. See here:

Kendricsk72.jpg

And now, here is the "transformed by divine fires and a year long search for arcane knowledge" pic... Now, he is kinda cross of a noir private investigator, the Shadow, and your typical fantasy ranger look (I think it is the hat). Also my take on the Sunleaf Armor (hide). Off beat, but fits the character I think really well....

KenInvoke72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I'm minded of a line from an old Slaine comic - "here' date=' death doesn't lurk in the shadows, here death [i']is[/i] the shadows!"

Great image, Fritz!

My favorite line from that strip was:

Slaine: "You go ahead - I have to sew my dwarf's mouth shut"

Merlin: "We don't have time for that!"

Slaine "Oh, it won't take long, I'm getting pretty good at it" :D

Edit: for those who don't know the strip, Slaine has a foulmouthed lecherous cowardly dwarf (as in small person, not race) follower.

cheers, Mark

And this is from my saturday night 4th ed d&d game, being C's new elf wild chylde ranger archer. I really like this doodle.

Neaya72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn, do I need to get you a dictionary or something to refresh you on what the word ¨doodle¨ means? I promise you that when that word was created, that was not what they had in mind.

That´s full blown awesome.

*Mutters* Frickin´ people with talent calling stuff like that doodles... I doodle... makes stick figures look good...

That´s cool! Looks great too. How´d he end up in Byzantium?

Unwilling to bend the knee to "those Norman B******s" he fled the country ahead of a murder charge.

Historically, the Varangian guard was originally mostly composed of "Rus" - a mixture of vikings and Russians. In the 11th and 12th centuries, it started to fill up with English Huscarls who had ended up unemployed in the wake of the Norman conquest and by the 13th century it started to include Irish and Scots warriors who had lost their lands the same way.

cheers, Mark

3468712195_fae3f823eb.jpg?v=0

This is an illustration of the sort of fun-house magical traps that used to abound in dungeons in the good old days before everyone got such a bug up their backsides about "realism". It's done in Painter and Photoshop.