Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

I'm glad the insect has gotten good reception. Actually I committed a sin by not giving the author of the world a plug, which I will rectify now. It's one of the Korr, an inter-dimensional species that invades modern day Earth.

Despite thier appearance, they are highly advanced vegetarians capable of insane bio technology.. they invaded earth because us humans are destroying their fridge. Not quite 10 feet tall, but a bit taller than most humans, and much stronger and intelligent.

The game world sounds pretty intersting, check it out here:

http://petespahn.xanga.com/

sorry to have a no-art post, but there's nothing else i can show. Thanks again for the rep and asspats!

I find it a little odd that the cleric is wearing darker clothing than the thief.

They're not like D&D dragons - colour coded for your convenience :)

Mind you - I don't think adventurers, especially clerics would wear their ceremonial gear into a dungeon - it's a bit mucky down there. No robes and bright colours - except for the mage, the only D&D character that had magical cleaning powers.

Two more pics: Friar Essen Frowningbrow (Ray's Cleric of Mystra) and Taiberghain (Danny's Mage/Thief). I've not inked them yet, 'cos I was worried I'd ruin them. Now I've scanned them in, and I can rescue them if needed, I may have a go.

FriarEssenFrowningbrow02.jpg

Taiberghain03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I did a sketch of Judd's pc taking on a green dragon. Well, I finally got off my duff and finished it. Here are some of the interim steps. This was done digitally, mostly in Painter IX, but with a bit of photoshop too.

Getting in the background, noodling a bit with the color of the dragon skin.

MelvsGrinP1.jpg

Got quite a bit of the dragon blocked in.

MelvsGrinP2.jpg

Finishing touches on the dragon..

MelvsGrinP3.jpg

working on the figure...

MelvsGr4.jpg

By the way, I will be at Gencon in this upcoming week. So my production will slow down on private commissions.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I'm trying to decide who's scarier, Long Fang or Mr Gigglepuss. I think Mr Gigglepuss takes it, if only because of the hair and the red nose. I do not want to know what's in that box he's carrying, because it can be nothing good for my health.

Awesome work, Mister Adam! :):thumbup:

I'm trying to decide who's scarier' date=' Long Fang or Mr Gigglepuss. I think Mr Gigglepuss takes it, if only because of the hair and the red nose. I do [i']not[/i] want to know what's in that box he's carrying, because it can be nothing good for my health.

Awesome work, Mister Adam! :):thumbup:

What's really scary: Long Fang is Mr. Gigglepuss' sidekick. :sneaky:

Really. They're my characters; I should know.

And sorry, DusterBoy: in that Jack-in-the-box is some TNT. :ugly: