Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

I've been a bit busy of late, with paintings for publishers and web banners, I haven't been churning out the commissions of late. I also am homeless...well... not really, I'm house-sitting for my aunt who is in Italy. But it does mean that most of my studio is in my folk's barn.

But, between cleaning and painting my new apartment for september, and moving my stuff around, dashing down to Philly to help my girlfriend on her move, I am starting to crack down on my queue of commission art.

Got a couple of "fiery" concepts... one superhero, one fantasy. And one more fantasy. I'm loving 4th ed D&D simply because it is giving me a chance to do a lot of fantasy characters!!! .

Starfire72.jpg

Baltar72.jpg

Herugrim72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

• 2 weeks later...

Free galleries of hundreds of fantasy portraits

Hi Everyone! I've started a gamer/writer resource website that links to portrait galleries.

As Players, you can surf it to find a portrait for your character sheet, or find interesting-looking characters as PC inspirations.

As Dungeon Masters, you can do the same. Since there are literally hundreds of portraits, you can use the galleries to find a picture for just about every NPC you have to describe. You don't have to always show a picture to your players, but having a picture handy will help you decide what to describe about the NPC when the PCs encounter them.

Everything is free to view, you're not charged anything or sold anything.

Please have a look! -- http://www.fantasy-art-and-portraits.com

(Please remember that the site is new and still under construction. Best to start with the Heroes of Might and Magic V area; if you are looking for "mundane" NPC type portraits, try the Tradewinds area.)

Hi Everyone! I've started a gamer/writer resource website that links to portrait galleries.

As Players, you can surf it to find a portrait for your character sheet, or find interesting-looking characters as PC inspirations.

As Dungeon Masters, you can do the same. Since there are literally hundreds of portraits, you can use the galleries to find a picture for just about every NPC you have to describe. You don't have to always show a picture to your players, but having a picture handy will help you decide what to describe about the NPC when the PCs encounter them.

Everything is free to view, you're not charged anything or sold anything.

Please have a look! -- http://www.fantasy-art-and-portraits.com

(Please remember that the site is new and still under construction. Best to start with the Titan Quest; if you are looking for "mundane" NPC type portraits, try the Tradewinds area.)

Update: Since the last time I posted about this, a section on Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna has been added!

Pirate and Caribbean portraits

2887136749_6f9c761fd3_m.jpg

2862266183_dd7b10a74e.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Since the last time I posted about Fantasy Art and Portraits, a section on Tradewinds 2 has been added!

Tradewinds 2 is good for classic pirate pictures and 1700's Caribbean characters. Most of the characters are "non-heroic" looking, so these are probably best used for NPCs you need to describe or when your PC dons a disguise to go incognito.

As a reminder: All images are copyrighted by their respective owners (DUH!). This screenshot is for private non-commercial use only (like, don't use it as the book cover of your magnum opus). They are screenshots from a game taken to introduce you to their art.

Enjoy!

2872344344_a51c2d1e08.jpg2871513677_f7c523074b.jpg2871513903_a37b91f590.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Since the last time I posted about Fantasy Art and Portraits, a section on Heroes of Might and Magic III has been added!

Heroes III has art similar to Heroes V, except it has more races and is more fanciful. A less focussed, but wider and more "creative" source of portraits. Has some lizardmen, gnolls, green-skinned "goblins", and blue-skinned "genies".

As a reminder: All images are copyrighted by their respective owners (DUH!). This screenshot is for private non-commercial use only (like, don't use it as the book cover of your magnum opus). They are screenshots from a game taken to introduce you to their art.

Enjoy!

2879532350_4be0c8ab10.jpg

2879506172_9ed0073a96.jpg

2882781586_d84af52284.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Since the last time I posted about Fantasy Art and Portraits, a section on Dungeon Siege 2 has been added!

Dungeon Siege 2 has a "generic fantasy" look. You will, however, either like it or hate it. The art direction seems specific to the game world, and certainly doesn't focus on showing a lot of skin...

Enjoy!

Puzzle Quest art and portraits

2885808388_da39c693a5.jpg?v=02884970123_d10fa8045e.jpg?v=0

Hi Everyone!

Since the last time I posted about Fantasy Art and Portraits, a section on Puzzle Quest has been added!

Puzzle Quest has a suite of fantasy staples. While it is a small art set, it has a "generic anime" look and can easily be supplemented with art from such series as Record of Lodoss War.

Enjoy!

I'm going to make a simply request first....

Grail Quest, aside from not really contributing to this thread, the website your spamming is firmly and deeply into copyright violation territory.

:confused:

This is the fantasy art thread, and the site shows fantasy art.

:confused:

There are tons of sites that have screenshots. So why not?