Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

Agreed. I can't even tell for sure what it's supposed to say. I'm guessing "Medieval Manor' date='" but that guess is mostly from context.[/quote']

I wanted to use scanned letters from books rather than a text font file - gives it a more authentic look.

Cover art, I go with "make it memorable and easily distinguished against other games on the shelf" rather than readability. The cards and other game components on the other hand are all geared towards readability-

Heroes of Might and Magic IV gallery is up!

They looked like this in Heroes 3:

2872344028_8175dcc675_t.jpg2872345342_e8b84b2886_t.jpg2871514875_a751a13f38_t.jpg

They were mildly changed into this in Heroes 4:

2978712381_dff94f3936_t.jpg2978710611_0f2a86bc5a_t.jpg2979565430_f862707092_t.jpg

These are screenshots from a game taken to introduce you to its art. All images are copyrighted by their respective owners. Link to Flickr is mandatory per Flickr terms of use.

Hi Everyone!

A gallery of Heroes of Might and Magic IV portraits has been added to Fantasy Art and Portraits.

Heroes IV portraits include heroes from Heroes III as well as many new characters. The art is redone and sharpened, and if you had a favourite hero from Heroes III, you will probably find them in Heroes IV as well.

Lizardmen are no more. Of some curiosity are orcs that look like warthogs or water buffalo. Also, the use of caps are extensive and (maybe due to portrait size constraints) there's nary a pointy wizard cap to be found.

Enjoy!

Looks like an older link. According to the page' date=' they've moved to Deviant Art, although there are thumbnails on the page.[/quote']

Click on some of the links on the top of that page. Specifically, the one called "CG Works."

I just tried them, they all work. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, I do the occasional map as well. This is for Paka's Burning Wheel game. Hope y'all like seeing something a bit different from me.

Trinitymap85.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I agree. Border lines are out-of-genre for fantasy.

I don't agree for ALL fantasy. I asked the client if he wanted borders on this map and he said no...which I think was a good decision... as he wanted a loose territory for the three major duchies/baronies/territories... but I've run games where I wanted very tight borders as the geo-political situation was more analagous to cold war europe... we needed to know where the borders where, where it was arbitrary and where it followed logical geographical features.

Can I make a request?

I thought of this based on another thread about suggestions for the art in 6e.

Could someone draw and post a picture of Kal-Turak's Wall?

The Collosus of Aarn?

Any other specific places described (but not pictured) in Turakian Age?

Or Valdorian Age?

A picture (not just a map) of the various neighborhoods in Elweir?

Basically, I'd like to see all the pictures that should have been in these books.

Can I make a request?

The Collosus of Aarn?

Or Valdorian Age?

Basically, I'd like to see all the pictures that should have been in these books.

This would be awesome.

Can I make a request?

The Collosus of Aarn?

Or Valdorian Age?

Oooo! Terrific idea! :D

Don't ask me to help tho'. I can't draw even stick men. :o

That is a lot of work. I couldn't do that unless paid for it. Just too time consuming, especially a neighborhood environmental scene. Lot of perspective work... I like doing it, like doing cityscapes... but sheesh.... it is a lot of work.

I can certainly appreciate that it would be a lot of work, even to do only one such picture. I'm not much of an artist myself, but I've tried my hand at making some architectural drawings, and I know it ain't easy.

It just seems a shame that in all of the FRPG world, the HERO setting books are the only ones that don't have pictures of the setting.

Here is a superhero commission based off of Odin's ravens and valkyrie concepts.

Raven72.jpg

The next three sketches were a visual pitch for a comic series of interdimensional evil empries and a young teen sorceress. Unfortunately, the financing wasn't there and I had to pull out. But I thought I would share.

Luheadshotsk.jpg

LunSpiresk.jpg

KingArturussk.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

storn- i would love to steal your sketchbook and see whats in it!

since jason already posted this in another topic, i suppose it's ok to add it to the art thread. the cover for the upcoming fantasy setting book by D3 Games http://www.d-3games.com

i had the opportunity to design the typesetting as well!

KAMARATHIN-COVERSMALL.jpg