Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

From the new Hero Boards Artist's Guild sketch-a-week:

A dragon, because when I thought "think of something to sketch" that's what came up. Probably because I haven't drawn one in ages. Actually, I haven't drawn anything in what seems like months. I'm hoping I can get back into the habit...

Scanned pencil sketch, took about an hour-ish. Fiddled with the levels in Photoshop a tiny bit and cropped it, but otherwise left it alone.

Dragon01.jpg

Hi folks, some of you may or may not have followed Catspaw, my webcomic from awhile back. Well, Sword and Sorcery never really backed up their plans for it and eventually that website fell apart.

I've relaunched Catspaw on WebComics Nation. Here is a link to that:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/storn/fantasynoir/series.php?view=archive&chapter=35746&mpe=1&step=1

I will be doing a new page every week. Unless it somehow starts to make me money, I cannot do more than that. But I do need hits, so eventually, I can get some advertisers and pay for the more advance site features, like advertising. So please, come and visit. Often! Please forgive the shill.

Let me also mention that John C. Hocking is the author of Catspaw, who wrote Conan and the Emerald Lotus, about the only pastiche I've ever liked... and is a damn good friend to boot. Note: I did read his book before our friendship was formed.

To whet y'all's appetite, here is the first and sixth pages.

InsideCovloResF.jpg

Page5F.jpg

I have another pitch for y'all.

I am 1/3 of the Sons of Kryos podcast show, a show about gaming and what happens at our gaming table. We are no longer doing the podcast. We've gone to video.

Our first video show is up. Our subject for this show is "pitch sessions", some pitfalls and advice for starting new campaigns. If that interests you (or you just wanted to see what I look like), come check it out here:

http://www.sonsofkryos.com/

I have another pitch for y'all.

I am 1/3 of the Sons of Kryos podcast show, a show about gaming and what happens at our gaming table. We are no longer doing the podcast. We've gone to video.

Our first video show is up. Our subject for this show is "pitch sessions", some pitfalls and advice for starting new campaigns. If that interests you (or you just wanted to see what I look like), come check it out here:

http://www.sonsofkryos.com/

You mean you don't look like your avatar?

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple of commissions done over the weekend. Thought I would share. First, stablehand who has problems with being very lucky and very unlucky.

Berilo72.jpg

Then a parkour, dark champions level, super. Not fantasy, y'all get a bonus.

Parkour72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Hi folks' date=' some of you may or may not have followed Catspaw, my webcomic from awhile back. Well, Sword and Sorcery never really backed up their plans for it and eventually that website fell apart. [/quote']

Didn't you get farther than that at the last site? I thought I remembered seeing a mage fight our intrepid heroes....

Didn't you get farther than that at the last site? I thought I remembered seeing a mage fight our intrepid heroes....

Oh, we did. I'm taking advantage of a long RE-intro so i can continue to get ahead of the production curve. Doing a page/week is a lot of stress on my time management.

Our first chapter comes to a close!!!! But more questions await than answers. Check out the latest page of Catspaw, the exciting sword and sorcery noir action webcomic:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/storn/

Morrach_small_WIP.jpg

This is a WIP illustration of a place in my campaign called Morrach, the base of operations of a Very Bad Man who is giving the party a lot of grief at the moment. I doubt that it will ever be finished now, so I've posted it just as it is.