Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

I finished Kalhandrha here. She has been done for a bit, but oil can take a while to dry and then I was just waiting for a day that I could gang up a lot scans all at once. Yesterday was that day. Now, I'm posting her.

KalF72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trio of fantasy warriors. Although #1 and #2 are the same character. I thought I would amuse you all with my mistake. I had done a quick read through of the character and totally missed a couple of things, it wasn't normal fantasy... it was Exalted, which is more over-the-top. And he had big, stompy boots and gauntlets. So I redid him.

But I still like the first image, just not for Exalted.

The last one is a cleric of Tempus.

IceBarb72.jpg

IceBarbII72.jpg

Pieter72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Here are three more...

"Putsch" means coup detat in german according to the patron.

The Owlbear I did more as superhero/villain movement than the typical fantasy shot...

Putsch72.jpg

Owlbear72.jpg

Avalanche72.jpg

oh, yeah, Putsch is a freebie, not fantasy...just was lazy and didn't want to take 'em out.

First is a version of Sagittarius based on voodoo like magics. For patron extraordinaire Death Tribble.

And second is a Ptolus character as a birthday present from husband to wife....awwww....

Sag72.jpg

SisEden72.jpg

And here's everybody's favourite character in our game ... well, he's my favourite character, anyway :) performing one of his signature moves - running in among enemies and tricking them into hitting each other.

cheers, Mark

Mostly, I see blackground. That is, it would be background, but it's mostly black, so I really don't see much.

That's the problem with having your characters do all their combat in caves, or at night!

To me, it looks OK on any one of three monitors, but they're all LCDs. Dunno if that makes a difference.

cheers, Mark

I have an LCD as well and it's really hard to make out the details beyond the flames, particularly the giants (I'm assuming they're giants) themselves and what they're doing.

OK, guys, thanks - I'll kick the brightness up by +60 in future.

As for why it seems too dark, I dunno. I don't think it's a difference between Apple and PC monitors, because the original looks fine on the HP monitor hooked up the PC at work.

As for what's happening, this is my PC from our D20 game (we're playing this afternoon: yay!). The guy with the flaming sword has recently acquired the feat elusive target which means when he is flanked by two (or more foes) he can designate one of them as a "target". If his target attacks him, the first attack automatically misses and the "target" has to roll that against one of the other flankers instead. It's a groovy feat!

The picture shows the first time he ever used it - with him springing nimbly over the club of one ogre so that it whacks the other ogre behind him. Although the DM has approved all my build in advance, she forgot about that feat and the look on her face as her NPCs started hitting each other! Priceless!

The character himself was a design challenge - to see if I could build (in D20) a tough "light fighter" who doesn't rely on heavy armour, but can still take the sort of punishment and dish out the sort of damage needed to be a front line combatant. I think I have succeeded with this guy: He's mostly Paladin, but with a few levels of monk and sword-sage rolled in. And he's a blast to play - optimized for high mobility, he dashes in among our enemies, hacking away - but also tripping people, getting them to hit each other, jumping over their heads or tumbling between their legs: he basically disrupts any battle line.

cheers, Mark

The first one looks fine to me - I can see all the details, thought it is a bit dark.

The difference between Apple and Windows gamma is that Apple Gamma is set for brighter images. Windows Gamma is actually defaulted to far far too low to begin with.

I thought folks might like to see a rejected piece. Not because it was bad...well, the client said they liked it. I like it. But just because it wasn't a "standing" figure. I was going for something dynamic, but it just didn't fit what the client needed to use it for. Hey, it happens occasionally.

Still, I like it. If anyone has a use for it, I could color it... let me know.

BarbarianLeapsk.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35220[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan Christensen and I'm new to the boards... I'm a cartoonist & illustrator and have had the pleasure of working on several Hero Games books such as Scourges of the Galaxy, Shades of Black, Urban Fantasy Hero and the recently-released Hero System Martial Arts.

Here are a couple fantasy-themed illustrations I recently finished. Thanks for looking!

Dan

http://dcdrawings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DCartoons

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35220[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan Christensen and I'm a cartoonist-illustrator. I've done some work for Hero Games (Scourges of the Galaxy, Urban Fantasy Hero, Shades of Black and the upcoming Hero System Martial Arts book) and drew these fantasy characters for some art submissions I recently sent out. Hope you like 'em.

http://dcdrawings.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DCartoons

Hi Dan, nice to see you here! Dan did some fabulous work for Hero System Martial Arts (chapter six). Check him out! :thumbup: