Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

Thanks, I was out of commission for 6 months or so. Had a ganglion cyst removed from my drawing wrist. Stitches are now healed and I am now trying to get my groove back.

;)

Good to have you back. (If I had the money for it, I'd probably have a commission for you this summer....)

a couple of sketches from our Burning Wheel game. You can see the latest actual play report here (and in that thread are links to earlier actual play reports in 13 Cities game down at bottom in "tags" section)

http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?9217-In-which-the-god-killers-are-given-their-bullets

First up is Aaron's Marcus, the senator and gray knight of Occulae. A master politician and a fierce halberd wielding warrior.

Marcus72.jpg

And Pete's Nikodemus, the assassin who now is finally a licensed godkiller.

Nikodemus72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Yes it is.

In the fiction in the game, and it has brewed organically over some time, the Occulae killed their gods in the past. Armed with a starmetal, it is pretty damn fatal to the divine beings of the World of the 13 Cities.

And in the fiction, godkillers are not easily licensed nor are they reknown for doing the deed. They are really expected to fade away gracefully and never talk about their deed.

A war has broken out, partly due to the Occulae continent kept exporting godkillers to the 13 Cities continent as terrorists. But partly because the emperor of the 13 Cities coveted the rich lands of the Occulae. With Occulae about 1/2 occupied by "the Blind" and gods have actually invaded Occulae shores, the godkillers are now being recruited and they are our lucky PCs!

It has been interesting, because up to this point, I played 13 Cities characters and they were pretty devout. To play the other side has been really interesting roleplaying and philosophy debate opportunity.

Well, it is that time again. Time for the Art Order contest. We had a good month and 1/2 to complete it and I took advantage of that, doing mine in oil.

Here is the gist. The setting is Gamma World. We were to take 2 critters and mash them together. I went a bit out of the box and did cyberlife and veggie life.

My idea was to mesh plant and cybernetic life and I got the Cyber Veggie men. Bleh... really need a better name for them. Basically, in faux science terms, plant life got enough brain power to merge with bits and pieces of computers from yesteryear and create superfast connections and become sentient.

Anyway, since they don't really sleep (get sluggish during the night), don't eat (photosynthesis takes care of that) and they process information at lightning speeds, they are voracious readers. They consider themselves caretakers of knowledge and histories and lots and lots of useless information... they will read anything, car manuals, old People magazines of people long dead and even something called role playing games.

Like I said, Oil, 11.5 x 15. The original is for sale. As are printing rights, if it can fit anyone's needs... this is truly an odd one!

cyberveggies.jpg

If you want to see the other folks submissions and we broke the record on this contest for number of submissions, check out the Art Order link here. (you do have to scroll down a bit as other posts have been put up):

http://artorder.blogspot.com/

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

• 2 weeks later...