Fantasy Art Thread

Enforcer84

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy Art Thread

First up, my good friend John C. Hocking won the Harper's Pen Award for his short story, Face in the Sea, published in Black Gate Magazine. And your's truly did the artwork. An excerpt is over at Black Gate, Link Here:

http://www.blackgate.com/fiction-excerpt-the-face-in-the-sea/

By the way, Black Gate consistently puts out great short stories and has a nice little RPG review section. If you haven't checked it out, you owe it to yourself, you should.

FitS1loRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I'm sure everyone on this board knows of him, but Frank Frazetta was a true master of the fantasy art form. He passed away on May 10th, 2010.

R.I.P. Frank Frazetta.

http://frankfrazetta.org/

http://goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com/search/label/Frazetta

Here's a great post about Frank's artistic genius:

http://sirspamdalot.livejournal.com/68226.html

[ATTACH]35963[/ATTACH]

Outside the city where the PCs currently reside is a vast wasteland called the Harrowlands. It's just chock full of barbarians - so here's a picture I did to show the players what both the Harrowlands and its inhabitants sort of look like.

cheers, Mark

[ATTACH]35963[/ATTACH]

Outside the city where the PCs currently reside is a vast wasteland called the Harrowlands. It's just chock full of barbarians - so here's a picture I did to show the players what both the Harrowlands and its inhabitants sort of look like.

cheers, Mark

Fantastic!

well, well, well, I'm glad to see you still draw ridiculously well Misteradam. Poison, youare definately coming into your own. everything i see from you is better than the last. and Storn... need I say more? great illos everybody.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

here's a picture of an event from last game. My character is typically the point guy (because he's fast and hard to kill and suffers from an over-developed sense of duty). Lar's character - the big lumbering meat-shield - volunteered for "pain duty" up front after I nearly got killed anyway.

You know it - five minutes later he's looking into an urn he's found and whattayaknow - it's full of Bloodmotes (sort undead hell-mosquitoes as far as I can work out).

My character is thinking "Damn, I'm glad I didn't open that!" and preparing to see if they can be washed off with fire :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]37138[/ATTACH]

Cheers, Mark

Got to say this,

veto, neyt, no, negative, rejected, stopped cold, shut down, turned down, No soup or License for you Bunneh!

YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DENIED FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND!

you may reapply after the waiting period of 1000 years or five high geases have benn complete.

application fee non refundable.

(many stamping noises)

Next

• 2 weeks later...

here's a picture of an event from last game. My character is typically the point guy (because he's fast and hard to kill and suffers from an over-developed sense of duty). Lar's character - the big lumbering meat-shield - volunteered for "pain duty" up front after I nearly got killed anyway.

You know it - five minutes later he's looking into an urn he's found and whattayaknow - it's full of Bloodmotes (sort undead hell-mosquitoes as far as I can work out).

My character is thinking "Damn, I'm glad I didn't open that!" and preparing to see if they can be washed off with fire :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]37138[/ATTACH]

Cheers, Mark

...Poor guy. He should have brought Blessed Raid.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...Someone hasn't read the Evil Overlord List.

"I will not turn into a snake. It never helps."

He's learning. though - last night he tricked the PCs into having a meal with him: one of them got the body-switching potion, and he took off with a nice new human-looking body, leaving the PC stranded in his monstrous one. They're now hot on his trail trying to get it back!

cheers, Mark

He's learning. though - last night he tricked the PCs into having a meal with him: one of them got the body-switching potion, and he took off with a nice new human-looking body, leaving the PC stranded in his monstrous one. They're now hot on his trail trying to get it back!

cheers, Mark

Clever and nasty!

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37804[/ATTACH]

Here's what I did while the Hero boards were down. This is my Monk/Paladin Caillé from Fitz's game: she's one of the Little Sisters of Carnage

Cheers, Mark

Wait, wait, wait. That is a girl. In actual, functional armor. No skin showing, no chainmail bikini, no... You call that fantasy? (I kid, obviously, and props to you for not going after the usual "armor of distraction" look.)

Wait' date=' wait, wait. That is a girl. In actual, functional armor. No skin showing, no chainmail bikini, no... You call that fantasy? (I kid, obviously, and props to you for not going after the usual "armor of distraction" look.)[/quote']

Yep. No breastsplate there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37836[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37837[/ATTACH]Another one from the same game. The Party's theif (Vesbin) finds out that the place he just broke into wasn't empty - he stumbled upon the assisnation of the Count, and provided a convenient scapegoat for then General (Kuharic) here.