Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Not only are they edible, they can be burnt in steam boilers, and their eggs are delicious!*

(Write me now for your breeding penguin pair and get in on the growth industry of the 2010s!)

*Don't ask me where I read that bit about burning penguins in boilers, although it was part of my occasional obsession with Kerguelen Land, if that helps.** I made the part about the eggs up.

**Also, don't ask me to clean the boilers after. Bleah.

Everyone knows that Egyptian mummies are for use in boilers*, not penguins!

JoeG

*and the linen wrap for butcher paper (for the food angle)

Not only are they edible, they can be burnt in steam boilers, and their eggs are delicious!*

(Write me now for your breeding penguin pair and get in on the growth industry of the 2010s!)

*Don't ask me where I read that bit about burning penguins in boilers, although it was part of my occasional obsession with Kerguelen Land, if that helps.** I made the part about the eggs up.

**Also, don't ask me to clean the boilers after. Bleah.

I just want to know who thought that up.

First Mate: Sir, we're out of coal. We've burned all of the furniture and even the spare linens. We have nothing else for the boiler, and the ice won't recede for another two weeks.

Captain: Have the men wear all of their clothing at once and huddle together for warmth below decks when they aren't on shift.

First Mate: Sir, they were already doing that, though we had to remind some of them about the clothing part.

Captain: Damn it all. If there was only something to else we could burn.

At just that moment, the wily and intrepid captain spies a group of penguins marching together in the middle of the ice field... and the rest was history.

I just want to know who thought that up.

First Mate: Sir, we're out of coal. We've burned all of the furniture and even the spare linens. We have nothing else for the boiler, and the ice won't recede for another two weeks.

Captain: Have the men wear all of their clothing at once and huddle together for warmth below decks when they aren't on shift.

First Mate: Sir, they were already doing that, though we had to remind some of them about the clothing part.

Captain: Damn it all. If there was only something to else we could burn.

At just that moment, the wily and intrepid captain spies a group of penguins marching together in the middle of the ice field... and the rest was history.

It's not that big a leap. Oil burns, penguins are oily, ergo penguins can fire the boiler.

Very late disclaimer

I have northing against fun foods (I know that's hard to believe given my Adonis like physique but its true!) and I think you can indulge in some of dishes in this thread occasionally without dropping dead on the spot if eat healthily overall, perform regular exercise and engage in moderation. Would you overall health probably better at least marginally better if you avoid deep fried bacon and Venezuelan vendor burgers all together? Probably but eating nothing but white rice, steamed vegetables and purified water isn't going to make you live forever.

After all, remember your odds of being run over by a Health Food store delivery truck steadily approach 100 percent the longer you live!

Disclaimer to the disclaimer: None of the above applies to Maggot Cheese. :sick:

I have northing against fun foods (I know that's hard to believe given my Adonis like physique but its true!) and I think you can indulge in some of dishes in this thread occasionally without dropping dead on the spot if eat healthily overall' date=' perform regular exercise and engage in moderation. Would you overall health probably better at least marginally better if you avoid deep fried bacon and Venezuelan vendor burgers all together? Probably but eating nothing but white rice, steamed vegetables and purified water isn't going to make you live forever.[/quote']

For me, when I eat healthily overall, and perform regular exercise I can't eat greasey foods. Its not a mental block, I get violently ill. Last time I ate a donut the concentration of sugar and grease gave me indigestion for the entire morning. When I ate fish and chips I was sitting on the toliet the next morning. So for me those 'fun' foods aren't fun.

For me' date=' when I eat healthily overall, and perform regular exercise I can't eat greasey foods. Its not a mental block, I get violently ill. Last time I ate a donut the concentration of sugar and grease gave me indigestion for the entire morning. When I ate fish and chips I was sitting on the toliet the next morning. So for me those 'fun' foods aren't fun.[/quote']

I'm not saying eating them should be mandatory but that you can enjoy them if you want as long if you practice moderation and a sensible life style. Obviously, if you don't or can't enjoy them... well you won't.

Basically, I didn't want to give impression I was preaching or telling people what they should or shouldn't eat.

Except for the maggot cheese...

Doofus Nutrition Rule #1: If it tastes good, it's good for you.

Doofus Nutrition Rule #2: If you eat enough of anything, you'll get the nutrition you need.

It is unclear which of these rules causes more nutritionists to go into apoplexy.

(Rule #2 has been applied, e.g., by New Scientist, who have said that one can fulfill one's complete nutritive requirements on a daily diet of one glass of orange juice, two glasses of milk, and 47 pints of Guinness.)

For me' date=' when I eat healthily overall, and perform regular exercise I can't eat greasey foods. Its not a mental block, I get violently ill. Last time I ate a donut the concentration of sugar and grease gave me indigestion for the entire morning. When I ate fish and chips I was sitting on the toliet the next morning. So for me those 'fun' foods aren't fun.[/quote']

I have much the same "condition" although not by my own design. I don't really try to eat healthy, but I was raised without cheetos or doritos, and I can't stand them now. I have a very fast metabolism and can pack away a ton of food, but not if it is "junk food" like chips or donuts and such, because I rapidly get a bellyache. I guess I can just thank my parents (and my mom specifically) for raising me that way, so now I don't want the fattening, empty calorie food. (except for Coke. I drink waaaay too much Coke.)

• 4 weeks later...

And just 'cause this wasn't enough - I give you the glory that is candied bacon:

http://www.cookeatfret.com/dessert/2008/03/31/candied-bacon-coffee-ice-cream/

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post this stuff earlier:

A coworker sent me a power point thing mentioning this place.

For huge German food and eight liter drinks.

Der Waldgeist It's in German, but you can get an idea just from the various pictures if German is not your thing.

And for some reason, it included pictures from Denny's Beer Barrel Pub which also has food designed to make you overweight after one sitting.

For huge German food and eight liter drinks.

Der Waldgeist It's in German, but you can get an idea just from the various pictures if German is not your thing.

XXXXXL Doppel-Cheeseburger ca. 30 cm 32,00

Wie Cheeseburger mit doppelt Fleisch – gigantisch 25cm hoch

"Double Cheeseburger, ~ 30 cm. Like the Cheeseburger [earlier in the menu] but with double meat -- gigantic 25 cm high. 32 Euros"

Woof.

Bring it on...

Twinkie Casserole Ingredients:

24 ea Twinkies

1 ea Bag miniature marshmallows

1 ts Cinnamon

1 ea Dash of brown sugar

1 ea Large jar caramel topping

1 ea Large jar hot fudge sauce

1 ea Large bag Oreos

Twinkie Casserole Instructions:

Line the bottom of a casserole dish or large plate with the Twinkies.

Pour the caramel topping evenly over the Twinkies and smooth with a knife.

Pour the miniature marshmallows over the caramel until it is completely hidden.

Pour the hot fudge over the marshmallows.

Sprinkle the spices over the hot fudge.

Layer the Oreos on top of the casserole.

Serve immediately.

MM Format by John Hartman Indianapolis, IN

Bring it on...

Twinkie Casserole Ingredients:

24 ea Twinkies

1 ea Bag miniature marshmallows

1 ts Cinnamon

1 ea Dash of brown sugar

1 ea Large jar caramel topping

1 ea Large jar hot fudge sauce

1 ea Large bag Oreos

Twinkie Casserole Instructions:

Line the bottom of a casserole dish or large plate with the Twinkies.

Pour the caramel topping evenly over the Twinkies and smooth with a knife.

Pour the miniature marshmallows over the caramel until it is completely hidden.

Pour the hot fudge over the marshmallows.

Sprinkle the spices over the hot fudge.

Layer the Oreos on top of the casserole.

Serve immediately.

MM Format by John Hartman Indianapolis, IN

:jawdrop: