Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Does Sadako call you when you finish eating it and inform you that you only have seven days left to live? :eek:

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/video_eating_a_windows_7_burger.html

She's a local girl, so I'm sure it will be all over the news if she dies under mysterious circumstances by Friday...

I only hope she was able to keep it down, because all that meat coming back up wouldn't be fun at all.

I'm sort of glad they didn't do that in the US.

(Insert your own joke about good or bad taste here).

While it isn't officially available in the U.S., I heard that some Burger Kings will make you a Windows 7 burger (though you may have to print out an ad or something for the Japanese Windows 7 burger to show them what you want.)

Ah, here's the article I was looking for:

So there you have it. According to the YouTube description, the burger is supposed to be only available in Japan, but our hero printed an article about it from Gizmodo, brought it to the restaurant and BK was happy to make one for him. It cost $9.19 before tax.

While it isn't officially available in the U.S., I heard that some Burger Kings will make you a Windows 7 burger (though you may have to print out an ad or something for the Japanese Windows 7 burger to show them what you want.)

Ah, here's the article I was looking for:

In-N-Out Burger has a secret menu that allows you to get things that aren't on the published menu. I've heard of a "vegetarian burger" that has no meat pattie, and a "low-carb burger" that has no bun (I'll bet that's messy!) Next time I have money I'll stop in my local Burger Palace* and discuss off-menu orders with the manager. If I get something of interest, I'l;l report back here.

*Not an actual chain.

On the Starbucks – The Red Eye, I've often ordered extra shots thrown in. What got people wondering was when I ordered eight shot Americano's. (Normal is four). I did ten once just to freak someone out. A little too strong.

I may get the Grilled Cheese at In-N-Out next time I swing by.

When I worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1982, I made fries dipped in the seasonings and those turned out well.

On the Starbucks – The Red Eye' date=' I've often ordered extra shots thrown in. What got people wondering was when I ordered eight shot Americano's. (Normal is four). I did ten once just to freak someone out. A little too strong.[/quote']

When I was in High School we'd go to a local coffee shop and hang out for the night, usually Friday's playing variants on Team Chess.

They had a drink called the Pinball - 6 shots of esspresso. I consistently ordered "2 Pinballs in one cup" that they finally added a Super Pinball - 12 shots of esspresso.

I may still be on that caffeine high come to think of it. . .

Oh' date=' cool. I had some friends who used to order those all the time at bars, but since then I've never met anyone who could give me the recipe! :rockon:[/quote']

We used to make those and I'm pretty sure Peach Schnapps wasn't part of it, but that's not the import bit anyway.

In-N-Out Burger has a secret menu that allows you to get things that aren't on the published menu. I've heard of a "vegetarian burger" that has no meat pattie' date=' and a "low-carb burger" that has no bun (I'll bet [i']that's[/i] messy!) Next time I have money I'll stop in my local Burger Palace* and discuss off-menu orders with the manager. If I get something of interest, I'l;l report back here.

*Not an actual chain.

Does the vegan burger come with a Gradneburger or similar patty, or no patty at all?

The Burgerville chain in the Northwest does in fact continue to serve Gardenburgers (a spicy black bean variety is a feature on the current menu). I don't know if they have a secret menu, though. They used to have a fry sauce so renowned that they sold it in jars -- I wonder what happened to it, as now they just have ketchup on the tables.

I iomagine they could make you a double patty Tillamook Cheddar Burger is you asked politely, but that too would be a lot of meat. They can make seven-layer Whoppers work because the patties are so thin. Burgerville's patties are thicker, which makes them seem meatier at the same weight.

A true Vegan burger would have to be made without butter, cheese or any other animal products. Of course, considering how much of what burger chains pass off as food is flavored and colored corn syrup, that might not be a problem.

Or, a Vegan burger could be made of Vegans. That might be OK.

Or it could be imported from Vega, or Vegas, but that would just start to get silly.

Or' date=' a Vegan burger could be made of Vegans. That might be OK.[/quote']

According to a discussion on NPR the other day, most cultures who routinely engaged in cannibalism described human flesh as "the best meat I ever ate." Of course, they pointed out that a lot of these cultures existed where the game animals were lean, stringy, gristly, etc. YMMV :sneaky:

According to a discussion on NPR the other day' date=' most cultures who routinely engaged in cannibalism described human flesh as "the best meat I ever ate." Of course, they pointed out that a lot of these cultures existed where the game animals were lean, stringy, gristly, etc. YMMV :sneaky:[/quote']

Also, it's more than a little awkward to say "Yeah, we killed and ate Ted. Then we killed and ate most of his friends. No, they actually tasted pretty bad. No, we had plenty of other food. Mostly we were trying to out-macho each other. It's a guy thing."