Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Heh. I'll have to post my mom's old recipe for Butterscotch Brownies when I can pull it out of the recipe box at home. You don't grease the pan; you melt a cube of butter in the pan before pouring the batter in. And when the brownies are done, while still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.

Bring it on...

Twinkie Casserole Ingredients:

24 ea Twinkies

1 ea Bag miniature marshmallows

1 ts Cinnamon

1 ea Dash of brown sugar

1 ea Large jar caramel topping

1 ea Large jar hot fudge sauce

1 ea Large bag Oreos

Twinkie Casserole Instructions:

Line the bottom of a casserole dish or large plate with the Twinkies.

Pour the caramel topping evenly over the Twinkies and smooth with a knife.

Pour the miniature marshmallows over the caramel until it is completely hidden.

Pour the hot fudge over the marshmallows.

Sprinkle the spices over the hot fudge.

Layer the Oreos on top of the casserole.

Serve immediately.

MM Format by John Hartman Indianapolis, IN

It's like tiramisu made in a trailer park.

I give you: The Horseshoe.

Two big burgers, on toast, open-faced, covered in french fries, covered in Welsh rarebit sauce. You ever get to Springfield, IL, you have to try this. If you don't want to take your life into your hands with this thing, then get the Ponyshoe (half sized Horseshoe).

You can swap out the burgers for whatever: chicken, buffalo chicken, poor boy meat, tomato & bacon, turkey, ham... etc. Not all places use the rarebit sauce, but it'll be some variation of a cheddar cheese sauce.

Week before Thanksgiving, we visited my husband's folks and I got drafted into making the Big Meal. My father-in-law loves to eat. :D

So, on the improvised wannabe Italian menu we had potato & veal lasagna, grilled orange-ginger scallop green onion & bell pepper skewers and bloody Mary mussels.

In three weeks, I'm going to be asked to make another such meal. This time we're going for Portuguese.

Baked Chicken w/Onion Sauce

Clams w/Potatoes & Chorizo

Little Fish of the Garden (pan-fried green beans)

Orange Squares

Chocolate Gingerbread

I give you: The Horseshoe.

Two big burgers, on toast, open-faced, covered in french fries, covered in Welsh rarebit sauce. You ever get to Springfield, IL, you have to try this. If you don't want to take your life into your hands with this thing, then get the Ponyshoe (half sized Horseshoe).

Spare me a prayer, me droogies, because I want one...

You can swap out the burgers for whatever: chicken, buffalo chicken, poor boy meat, tomato & bacon, turkey, ham... etc. Not all places use the rarebit sauce, but it'll be some variation of a cheddar cheese sauce.

Hey, if I get it with fish or chicken... that makes it healthy right?

Spare me a prayer' date=' me droogies, because I want one... Hey, if I get it with fish or chicken... that makes it healthy right?[/quote']

Probably not, they tend to batter and deep fry that stuff...

It will be tasty though!

Spare me a prayer, me droogies, because I want one...

Hey, if I get it with fish or chicken... that makes it healthy right?

I would like to try one, too. You know, it is a well rounded meal: a base of bread for the grains, the meat, potatoes take care of the vegetable requirement, and dairy in the cheese. All four foodgroups, neatly taken care of. Just like a meaty pizza (the pizza sauce counts as a vegetable, right?)

ETA: It reminds me of one of my favorite breakfasts, a modification of the full english breakfast that contains fries topped with baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, and a couple rashers of bacon. My wife won't let me eat it, though, due to the so-called "health risks". :P

I would like to try one' date=' too. You know, it [i']is [/i]a well rounded meal: a base of bread for the grains, the meat, potatoes take care of the vegetable requirement, and dairy in the cheese. All four foodgroups, neatly taken care of. Just like a meaty pizza (the pizza sauce counts as a vegetable, right?)

ETA: It reminds me of one of my favorite breakfasts, a modification of the full english breakfast that contains fries topped with baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, and a couple rashers of bacon. My wife won't let me eat it, though, due to the so-called "health risks". :P

I prefer the full Irish Breakfast myself. :)

I prefer the full Irish Breakfast myself. :)

You mean the 'Full Irish Breakfast' isn't just two pints of Guinness?

As Col. Jack O'Neill says, it's a wonderful substitute for food. :D

You mean the 'Full Irish Breakfast' isn't just two pints of Guinness?

As Col. Jack O'Neill says, it's a wonderful substitute for food. :D

Only 2 pints?

Then I was in Japan I saw 2 liter cans of Sapporo in vending machines. The little corner store had 3 liter cans in the inside fridge. :drink:

Beer, its not just for breakfast anymore. :D

• 1 month later...

Oh god. I think I'm having a heart attack just looking at this thing... :nonp:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

If you ever decide to make one of these monsters, call me. I'd be happy to make the 8-hour drive to QC the finished product. :thumbup:

Oh god. I think I'm having a heart attack just looking at this thing... :nonp:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

But keep in mind that once those bacon morsels touch the raw sausage' date=' you’ll need to resist all temptations to nibble. This can and will be difficult, but hospital trips are no fun, so stay strong.[/quote']

If you're worried about a trip to the hospital, that is not the bacon weave you're looking for. :)

That actually looks pretty good. I might make it with center-cut bacon and ground lean turkey sausage, to cut the calories down to something I could handle, but I'd want the full experience.

Except for the stomach pump and heart failure. And the explosive visit to the Reading Room. But the actual taste, before the illness, pain and possible early death, I'd miss. ;)

Never been a huge fan of wings. The bones annoy me. I'd like them better if they were boneless' date=' but then I guess I'd be eating chicken nuggets.[/quote']

Hungry Man frozen dinners used to make a buffalo chicken dinner ... either they discontinued it, or it simply isn't sold around here anymore. It was damned good.