Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Heh. I wish I could share them. What stops me from making them is I know I will have to eat them all myself as my Husband is a Health Nut who is watching his weight. I could make them for our next Game Day, but probably only two will get eaten, if that many. :rolleyes:

If my Family decides to have a big get-together I'll make them then, unless I get really depressed in the meantime. :idjit:

PS: Thanks for the rep.

Earlier tonight, I baked some french fries (don't own a deep fryer), put them in a bowl, then poured some chili (with beans and meat) over them, then added shredded cheese and sour cream. Very, very, very good. A good movie snack/meal while watching Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

I think when I make the brownies with pudding and chocolate chips in the mix and top it with cream cheese frosting' date=' that will qualify for this thread. :help:[/quote']

How much per dozen and is there free shipping or a discount when you order in bulk?

Hmmmm. Well. There seems to be a market for my cream cheese frosted brownies. Unfortunately, I'd have to give Dunkin Hines and Ghirardelli a big cut of my profits. I'd have to put their name on the product as well and on all the ads.

Hmmmm. Maybe I could become a Franchisee, if I could come up with the several million it would probably cost. :rolleyes:

Ooh...that would be good...

Weave bacon, like in the bacon roll picture. I guess you'd have to cook it a little or put in in a basket shaped frame before you fry it. Dipping it in batter would be an option.

Then using the basket to serve:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/arugula-and-roasted-fruit-salad-with-panettone-croutons-recipe/index.html

Then again, you could just throw in some chili cheese fries and call it good.

I applaud the effort' date=' but I don't really think chocolate chip cookies can be improved upon.[/quote']

At this point, battering them and frying them would seem to be the next step.

Just on the assumption that bacon and frying are always improvements.

I can't do sticky-sweet smokey bacon (or ribs). We made the mistake of getting some "maple-smoked" flavored bacon and I had a migraine afterwards. To be fair, I'm assuming that the mistake in question was not looking at the package closely enough so we ended up with some sort of chemical crap flavoring that tainted the bacon.

At my sister's wedding they served what is apparently an Atlanta delicacy, bacon glazed with sugar.

Not bad, but it really seemed to me more like spoiling a perfectly good piece of bacon than anything else. ;)

Yeah, if I want my bacon to be somewhat sweet, I'll get honey cured. :)

Hmm. Insects seem to have high calories and low protein compared to beef or fish. They don't compare them to bacon, though.

Chocolate Chirpie Chip Cookies

2-1/4 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

1 12-ounce pkg. chocolate chips

1 cup chopped nuts

1/2 cup dry-roasted crickets

Preheat oven to 375 deg F. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and insects, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Hmm. I wonder what those would be like with bacon on top. :doi:

Saw this one on TV last night...

Mo's Bacon Bar

vosges_mos_bacon_bar.jpg

Boy. My initial guess was an establishment where you sampled fancy cured meats and drank expensive brandy.

Somehow that doesn't seem like a viable business venture, even in better economic times than these.