Scourges Of The Galaxy

Darren Watts

So, guys- I can't help but notice that SOG has been on sale in the store for more than a week now, and sales have been, ahem, something less than stellar. Now, I personally think this is an excellent book, and a very strong example of non-Champions Hero product. The very limited number of reviews we've heard have been quite positive. So, what's the poop? Has interest in the Star Hero line dwindled down so far? Is it just bad luck to be the first book released in the teeth of current economic ugliness? Or have we just not let people know it exists well enough? dw

Re: Scourges Of The Galaxy

It's certainly on my 'to buy' list. Just haven't made it there yet.

While HERO Books are useful to almost any setting, it should be pointed out to us that it is from the Star Hero line, as opposed to the Champions line (Galactic Champions) or such. I had to read the description to know which it was for. FYI Darren.

A few reasons maybe.

I wasn't even aware it was out. The last update (october 17) state that "We’re still waiting on Scourges Of The Galaxy to arrive at the warehouses". Others may be in the dark.

I still buy mostly from my FLGS mainly because I love to have a look at a book before I buy it (see below).

The store doesn't offer previews of the products. It is in my opinion the main flaw of the store. Heck, when available there is a better view of the cover on Warehouse 23.

Aside from that, if quality is good, I intend to buy it... as soon as I can have a peak :)

I recently ordered it, but I hadn't known it was out... I stumbled upon it while looking in the store for other stuff. Like DreadDomain, the last I'd heard about it in the weekly update was that it was sort of still in the works. Also, it doesn't look like the usual "Book X Now Available In Online Store!" thread was posted in the forums. (Or at least, not in the Star Hero forum.)

I think i only saw the announcement in the Our Products forum. But I'd been keeping an eye out for it.

As a suggestion - Why not add a new Locked Post to each Forum for the express purpose of saying "New Product Is Now Available" and change it out any time a new item hits the store.

I think i only saw the announcement in the Our Products forum. But I'd been keeping an eye out for it.

As a suggestion - Why not add a new Locked Post to each Forum for the express purpose of saying "New Product Is Now Available" and change it out any time a new item hits the store.

Or maybe even "Most Recent _____ Hero Product: Book X", then list info about book X in the body of the locked sticky post, along with the date book X was added to the store.

Master Villains

-Archrmandrite Lanzol Calixtus + 3 lieutenants (behind the scenes level mastermind)

-Geiger Cray + 3 lieutenants (Mind Police mastermind)

-Leopold D'estaing + 1 lieutenant and flunky sheet (xenophobic government mastermind)

-King Narch +3 lieutenants (Xenovore Pirate King)

-Tatekyle + 3 lieutenants (plot device villain)

Teams

-The Church Of The Infinite Dark

-The Clone Mob

-Pelga's Fist (Pirate crew)

-The Psidicate

Solos

10 Character Write-Ups from thugs to con-men and other assorted types (only briefly looked through this section - i.e. flipped pages once)

Glad to see a Xenovore pirate on board (so to speak), as well as the Church of the Infinite Dark and the Clone Mob. I'd been kind of hoping to see some of the characters from Digital Hero, though (at least Marko Redd and Lt. Khanal Tsamliew -- it'd probably be too much to ask for the Fanboys).

Glad to see a Xenovore pirate on board (so to speak)' date=' as well as the Church of the Infinite Dark and the Clone Mob. I'd been kind of hoping to see some of the characters from [i']Digital Hero[/i], though (at least Marko Redd and Lt. Khanal Tsamliew -- it'd probably be too much to ask for the Fanboys).
I'm actually glad the characters from Digital Hero aren't there. I'd rather get new material than material reprinted from another available source.

Darren, poking around the boards - Scourges wasn't really announced on the forums. I do think a number of people lurk waiting to see what's new from you guys.

And on the front page more space was dedicate to the Fantasy Hero Reprint than Scourges; I think it'd behoove you guys to have a What's New menu/list like you do for the Champions links on the front page.

So to answer your question - yeah, I don't think you've done enough to let people know it's out there. Some things (sad enough to say) require a little more advertising than others. Non-Champions stuff I think needs to be pushed a little harder.

I'm not buying anything from the USA for the moment; the exchange rate between NZ and US dollars is pretty awful right now from this end. It's on my list though, assuming everything doesn't melt down any further.

Of course if it does, then Post-Apocalyptic Hero might become an even more useful resource :)