Superhero X and the Fur Con of DOOM!

Kal'El Wayne

Your character is chasing a lead on a villain who keeps turning people into athropomorphic animals with an Animalisation Spell. It doesn't seem to hurt anyone, just turns them into half-animal forms. You've tracked him from his latest crime scene to a FurCon, where he decides to go out in a blaze of glory, by giving the whole room their greatest wish. He turns everyone in the room into the animal-human-hybrid that they would most like to be. Your character, being within the radius, is also affected. When you apprehend the villain, he tells you that there is no 'cure' for this, it's a one way deal (something to do with a demon or something). What animal is your character hybridised with and how do they feel about this sudden involuntary plunge into the Furry Fandom?

Re: Superhero X and the Fur Con of DOOM!

Primadonna - sable - "What the ...? But at least I gained some COM."

Primaballerina - cheetah - "Now my dance is even more graceful, fast and deadly."

Diva - mink - "I used to wear it. Now I am it. Luxury!!! Hands off, you basta..."

Siberian Tiger(being a weretiger) would have been in a half-animal form already; he might not have been affected. And even if he had been it's a distinct possibility he might not notice for a while, until he tried to revert to human form... Would the 'shapechange' power have been effective in countering it?

But then he was already operating under a slow transformation - becoming more beast than man, as it was. This might just accellerate the process.

In Vigil's world, many of the 'changed' people would be lynched by a rabidly anti-metahuman society. The villian would likely have escaped completely as the heroes tried to save the innocent bystanders from mobs of paniced, frenzied normals.

Given the power levels, we likely would loose a couple PC's in the process. :( Not to mention a lot of the innocent bystanders.

Arachne: She's kinda high-strung and usually very nervous. Chances are, she'd turn into a mouse. The Spectacular Spider-Mouse! Wow, she'd hate that. :rofl:

Gabriel "Adamant" Shaw: A lion, the king of beasts. I'd say it would make him even more insufferable than he is, but I'm not sure that's entirely possible... ;)

Georgette Batroc: Eet would 'ave to be somezing sexy, no? And graceful, and charming. Somezing feline, I zink. Oui.

Now there's a question I never thought I'd have to consider.

Uncle Slam is definitely an eagle, proud and majestic.

Anthem is much tougher to figure out. She has no pets, and no desire to be an animal, so it'll likley end up being just something she thought was cute and fluffy. A Panda or Koala. She'd then never be seen again as she'd find the prospect of being half human/half koala to be too embarassing to ever appear in public again.

Siberian Tiger(being a weretiger) would have been in a half-animal form already; he might not have been affected. And even if he had been it's a distinct possibility he might not notice for a while' date=' until he tried to revert to human form... Would the 'shapechange' power have been effective in countering it?[/quote']

See, immediately I think: what if his animal traits and human traits swapped? Instead of a human-ish body with animal head (assuming that's how he usually is) he's now got a tigerish body with a human head...

Maybe his weretiger form is unaffected, and he now has a "wereman" form instead of a human form. Or his human form is now a hybrid with another animal...

Kurzhaan the Conqueror is already a werewolf, so it'd probably just make him activate his Multiform involuntarily if the effect got past his Power Defense at all. (His lycanthropy is originally based on a Major Transform of about 360 Active Points when you factor in all the Difficult to Dispels, so unless the villain is actually The Trickster gone slumming down on the material planes I don't see him overpowering that effect permanently...)

Super Model would probably get turned into an anthopomorphic swan or Siamese cat. An angry one, since her career would be out the window until she could get the transformation undone. Hope Yiffy Lad paid up his health insurance premiums.

Earth Girl I don't know about. She's kind of a living avatar of Mother Earth and her body is actually composed of animated dirt, pebbles, and various kinds of plants growing in them—I seriously doubt she'd count as "people" for the purpose of that sort of transformation, and there's not an animal that she has some subconscious desire to be.

See, immediately I think: what if his animal traits and human traits swapped? Instead of a human-ish body with animal head (assuming that's how he usually is) he's now got a tigerish body with a human head...

Maybe his weretiger form is unaffected, and he now has a "wereman" form instead of a human form. Or his human form is now a hybrid with another animal...

Wow. That's.... evil!

Super Model would probably get turned into an anthopomorphic swan or Siamese cat. An angry one, since her career would be out the window until she could get the transformation undone. Hope Yiffy Lad paid up his health insurance premiums.

Hey, your agent called - says Fancy Feast wants to do lunch...

Cheeta: need you ask?

Snow Leopard: "OMG! I'm White!"

Dolphin seriously doubts that his new, half-Orca form is permanent, his power is adaptation after all.

Millennium: Humm. His schtick is that he was further along the H. sapiens sapiens evolutionary track, where humans would evlolve to without the H. sapiens superior side track, and which turned out to be simular to the Eternals (increased intelligence, levitation, telekinesis, telepathy).* He might come out halfway between a human and David McCallum's character in "The Sixth Finger" episode of The Outer Limits.

*Yes, I am aware that evolution doesn't work like that outside of comic books and bad science fiction.

Volt - Would definately be a dog - most likely labrador retreiver. After the shock wore off he'd seek a mystic to undo it. "Oh, Olorin! Would you undo this please?"

Olorin - Bottlenose dolphin. He's always smiling, and so are they. "What? Again?" About 4 hours later he'd turn himself back.

Black Tiger Siberian tiger. He start by - wait for it - swearing. He might actually enjoy it for a while (at nost a couple of days) and then seek a mystic. "Olorin, fix this for me willya?"

Futurian - Dog. some sort of terrier, but not boston. Jack Rusell, fox or rat most likely. "Oh cool! Can I lick myself in public now?" No, he would not really, but he'd mention it for the shock value. After he tired of it (about a week) he'd seek a mystic. "Hey Olorin! I'm tired of this now. I'll take you up on your offer to change me back now."

Leadman - Basset hound. Looks gloomy, and he likes them. "Oh crud. Now I'm stuck like this. Can dogs drink coffee?" Eventually he'd seek out a mystic hoping against hope they can fix it. "Olorin, can you fix this? Will it hurt? How long will it take?"

Guest Major Tom

Volt - Would definately be a dog - most likely labrador retreiver. After the shock wore off he'd seek a mystic to undo it. "Oh, Olorin! Would you undo this please?"

Olorin - Bottlenose dolphin. He's always smiling, and so are they. "What? Again?" About 4 hours later he'd turn himself back.

Black Tiger Siberian tiger. He start by - wait for it - swearing. He might actually enjoy it for a while (at nost a couple of days) and then seek a mystic. "Olorin, fix this for me willya?"

Futurian - Dog. some sort of terrier, but not boston. Jack Rusell, fox or rat most likely. "Oh cool! Can I lick myself in public now?" No, he would not really, but he'd mention it for the shock value. After he tired of it (about a week) he'd seek a mystic. "Hey Olorin! I'm tired of this now. I'll take you up on your offer to change me back now."

Leadman - Basset hound. Looks gloomy, and he likes them. "Oh crud. Now I'm stuck like this. Can dogs drink coffee?" Eventually he'd seek out a mystic hoping against hope they can fix it. "Olorin, can you fix this? Will it hurt? How long will it take?"

An over-caffinated basset hound...now there's a frightening image.

Major Tom :eek:

Blackberry S. Firr has not-so-distant relatives who were/are catgirls, so she would almost certainly come out of it looking like some of her cousins.

She would not be pleased by such a turn of events, since she was quite happy looking like a normal human woman.

Fortunately, many of her other relatives have magical backgrounds, and have faced big baddies, so she would be fairly confident a cure could be found.

It is not that she would be ugly, but she just prefers her real body, thank you very much.

She is also a bit on the conservative-dressing side, and catgirls, well...

Black Cat - that one should be pretty obvious. She'd end up with Panther attributes (and wouldn't look like a classic catgirl). As for what happens, she has some minor shapeshifting abilities herself (complete control of her body), and also has regen/healing that would cure any adjustment to her (again, complete control of her own body). She likely wouldn't be in that state for more than an hour or two. She might not even be affected - she actually has defenses and healing specifically to defend against being transformed (and her being on over 1000 pts means that her defenses would likely work).

Sift - She's not much into animals, but maybe some sort of dragon variation. She'd think it was cool for a while. She is a "merged person" with two secret IDs, and being draconic in superform, while normal in secret ID would help secret ID. :) Her boyfriend is the sorcerer Supreme - so the affect would only last as long as she wanted it to. :)

Ballistic - Dunno about that one. He is completely indifferent to animals, so it would likely be random. Hopefully he could fit into his battlesuit. He also has a 70 pt cosmic magic pool, so the transform again would not last long. He'd be really irritated the whole time.

Meeb - that's just silly - he's a man sized Amoeba, with full shapeshift - this likely would have no affect on him at all.

Terminal Velocity - Likely a greyhound. And he would panic and start going to all the mages around to get himself untransformed. He would hate it.

I tend to play characters that don't get transformed, or have ways to fix it if they do.

Edit - while thinking about this, something came to mind. I don't tend to play characters who got their powers in some strange accident (or even mutants, unless that is something that the campaign calls for). I tend to play characters that build themselves into superhero form (Supermages, battlesuits, martial artists), or where the powers are just because of what they are (Meeb being a prime example here, all his powers are just racial elements of his race, or angelfire who is a half demon, half angel, and her powers all stem from that).

th_AgentDunn.png Agent Dunn: Probably a police dog.

th_BobTiger.png Bob Tiger: No change.

th_FistMan.png Fist-Man: Probably a gorilla.

th_TCWOAN.png The Cat Without a Name: No change, or if he became anthropomorphic, at least he's stop worrying so much about being returned to the lab, since he would no longer resemble the cat he once was. Once he has thumbs, he might actually get his own tuna.

th_ThunderRabbit.png Thunder Rabbit: Probably no change.

th_LOBTSC.png Lance O'Bannon the Singing Cowboy: Probably, a horse, a retriever (Golden or Labrador, possibly an Irish setter) or a hound (Beagle or Bloodhound).