Some Book Of The Machine Pages Posted

JohnTaber

Re: Some Book Of The Machine Pages Posted

Awesome note! The colour is amazing and...*drools, wallet already in hand*

On the day of release:

"Get out of the way, I'm getting it first!" He pushes through the crowd puts his wallet on the counter. "Keep the change." And takes the book, grinning at it with glee.

Only later do I realise I left my driver's liscense in the wallet.

I will regret nothing.

I have to admit, I had serious doubts about Book of the Machine being in color. I mean, I think 'machine' I think 'gray and silver' mostly. It didn't seem to fit.

But looking at the sample pages, I think I sit corrected. This is VERY nice.

I like the general layout, though I'm kind of "eh" on Mechanon's newest body. I know you were probably bound by the 5th ed format Fred, but I'm wondering if we'll see changes to the stat block in 6th ed? Maybe something a bit more dynamic or graphic?

In re: the question about stat blocks in 6E, Fred's not in a position to answer that because (a) he's not the full-time Art Director (we haven't hired one yet, we're still vetting applicants), and (B) I haven't yet discussed it with him or anyone else. If and when we have information to reveal, or input we want to solicit, we'll letcha all know. ;)

Looking at this past announcement about the replacements for art and layout, I just noticed that Fred Hicks wasn't originally scheduled to work on Book Of The Machine. Congrats on picking up the project, Mr. Hicks! :rockon:

I don't know whether this means you have the inside track for the Hero art director's job, but after this sneak peak I doubt many fans would object if you got it. :D

Yah, the color images and layout really make the book look great. I don't even play Champions, but I might just have to pick up this book when it comes out to help make sure all future (or as many as possible) Hero books are in color.

As to your evil plan, it seems to have worked. I had not seriously considered buying this book but now I too am waiting in the "me first" line!!

As one who has commented on Mechanon's humanoid shape (again, not a criticism but an observation one of my characters might make) I like the modern design. I would have bought most of the Hero books on my shelf had there been no artwork but I must admit it is important to me. I am excited to purchase this book. Great job, guys.

Hi Gang: I was wondering if folks noticed that Fred Hicks posted a couple of pages from Book Of The Machine on his blog. Here is a link.

My take...

"Wow...nice...[drool]...[digs hand in pants pocket for wallet]..."

:D

I agree, very, very nice.....I hope this is a glipse of things to come...

Shiny :)

Am I the only one who thinks the lines "Mechanon prefers to create its own advanced materials, often based on the substances its first form was created with, rather than rely on mundane materials whenever possible. Its advances in alloying other metal with questionite would revolutionize many fields" are an implication that Mechanon's first form was made, at least in part, of questionite?

Mayhaps Mechanon's origin and the source of questionite are linked....