Hero System Good Idea/Bad Idea...

Wormhole

Re: Hero System Good Idea/Bad Idea...

natalie portman plaing sif in THORgood idea

natalie portman playing rocky balboa in a rocky reboot bad idea

I don't know after getting a look at Portman's abs in the Star Wars flick I could bare watching a boxing movie centered around her.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be the Arduin Grimiore' date=' with it's wonderful critical hit/fumble tables?[/quote']

That it would. I do have the newer two-volume ruleset, but usually when I say Arduin I'm refereing to the stack of little books. A bit of info for those unfamiliar with Arduin: It is a world (originally for original D&D) wherein adventurers may acquire magic along the lines of +10 Swords, +10 Armors, and +10 Shields...

...and need them.

How about a Kazei 5 themed one?

Good Idea: Esper Weapons

Bad Idea: Esther Weapons

That it would. I do have the newer two-volume ruleset, but usually when I say Arduin I'm refereing to the stack of little books. A bit of info for those unfamiliar with Arduin: It is a world (originally for original D&D) wherein adventurers may acquire magic along the lines of +10 Swords, +10 Armors, and +10 Shields...

...and need them.

How about a Kazei 5 themed one?

Good Idea: Esper Weapons

Bad Idea: Esther Weapons

From the Grimiore, a magic spell: Organ Request. If your target fails its save, you get the organ you requested, causing 5d12 damage AND if it cannot survive without the organ, the target dies.

IF your target makes its save, you get a different organ chosen at random, causing 5d12 damage and if the target cannot survive without the organ it dies.

I've request the targets heart, ended up with the brain, and the target died.

From the Grimiore, a magic spell: Organ Request. If your target fails its save, you get the organ you requested, causing 5d12 damage AND if it cannot survive without the organ, the target dies.

IF your target makes its save, you get a different organ chosen at random, causing 5d12 damage and if the target cannot survive without the organ it dies.

I've request the targets heart, ended up with the brain, and the target died.

Or the two versions of the Red Death spell: the basic version turns the target inside-out and kills it, the demonic version turns the target inside-out and leaves the target alive.

Good Idea: Playing a character modeled after Boston Blackie in a reasonably serious Pulp Hero / Justice Inc. campaign.

Bad Idea: Playing a character modeled after Boston Quackie in that same campaign.

the origi nal godzilla vs mechagodzilla good idea

gionormica vs mechaginormica bad idea

Would the theme for MechaGinormica be "Robot Girl" from Was, Not Was?

Good Idea: Playing a character that is a small version of Gamera in a campaign based in Japan.

Bad Idea: Playing a character that is a small version of Gamera in a campaign based in Japan, with a 20-point Code Against Killing when your only real weapon is your fire breath.

(That was a fun campaign, that player racked-up a higher body count than my villains did.)

Good Idea: Occasionally taking the Activation Limitation on a power to decrease the total cost.

Bad Idea: Taking the Activation Limitation on an entire character to decrease the total cost. *

GM: "Segment 4, Dex 16, Activation Man, you're up."

Activation Man: [Rolling many dice of many colors] "Okay, my first roll...uhh...a 17...dang, I don't activate this Phase, sorry guys."

* I came up with this idea in the long and long ago, but it has not yet been inflicted upon anyone. :whistle: