Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

We were racing a storm to church yesterday. We had only been in the door about 2 minutes when my mother-in-law walked in. The street grew suddenly dark and the streetlights came on. The greeter said, "Bring the darkness with you?"

"It followed me!" she replied.

My THOUGHT: "The Darkness that Followed my Mother-In-Law." Great title for a creeper.

My friend stationed in Afghanistan wishes me a happy birthday:

"Happy late birthday. I accomplished the mission you set before me and toasted you with my first beer here in Manas...in the voice of Hedonism Bot. I don't think anyone understood what was happening when I proclaimed it in load voice, but they were party to greatness"

"CLIFTON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey roofer jumped into a vat of nitric acid solution to save a co-worker who had fallen 40 feet into the tank, fire officials said.

Rob Nuckols, 51, was working on the ground floor Monday morning at Swepco Tube LLC when his colleague Martin Davis plunged through a roof and into the vat of diluted acid and became fully submerged, officials said.

He jumped into the vat and was waist-high while he and three others pulled Davis out, Clifton Fire Chief Vince Colavitti told The Record of Woodland Park. The vat contained a 40 to 70 percent nitric acid solution used for cleaning metal tubing."

Purrdence
: That guy has balls of steel.

Me
: Possibly not anymore. Or if he does, they're SHINY balls of steel.

Hmm' date=' far as I know, "an" comes before following words that start with vowels; "a" comes before following words that start with consonants. :D(Or at least that's what I was taught)[/quote']"M" pronounced "em" starts with a vowel sound. Also that would be a matter of gramar, but not spelling.

"M" pronounced "em" starts with a vowel sound. Also that would be a matter of gramar' date=' but not spelling.[/quote']

This. I feel that people have forgotten that the articles "A" and "An" are based on the sound rather than the letter. I have armchair grammarians attempt to correct me on this regularly. One would never say "A Hour" or "An Union".

My lady and I were sleeping in cabins last week. The morning after a rather chilly evening, this discussion transpired...

Lady: I was so cold last night! I had on my football jersey, and I was still freezing. Once I changed into a cotton T-shirt, though, I was warmer. Why do you suppose that it? It is the materials they make the jerseys from?

Me: Could be the fact that football jerseys are well ventilated with lots of tiny holes to help disperse heat may have had something to do with it, too.

Lady: :: blink blink :: Oh yeah... they are, aren't they?

And this coming from the lady who's a much bigger football fan than I am. :)

My boss put out a new Org Chart for our department.

(For clarity sake, the head of our HR department is named David Cochenour.)

I emailed my boss.

Vimes: I request that my title officially be changed from Manager to Warlord.

Boss: You'll have to ask Cochenour and you get -2 points for making me spell Cochenour.

Coworker: I hate this computer! It's so slow! I want a faster one!

Me: Does it work?

Coworker: Yes, but it's slow.

Me: Well, we can replace it with a faster computer that doesn't work.

Coworker: How does that help?

Me: You'd stop complaining about it being slow.

Mutual sympathy regarding unusual cat diets, which at this household has lately included latex gloves :mad:

Gotica
: Rubber bands. that's always ... fun.

Me
: Or tinsel.

Gotica
: Yeah.

Me
: Best combination is when they eat rubber bands AND tinsel. Then you can hang it on the tree next year.

"Sing a song."

"Which song?"

"Any song."

"Sing, sing a song. Sing out loud, sing out strong..."

"Ew! I don't know you." :idjit:

"Some dinosaurs looked like crocodiles. Some looked like turtles. Some looked like Justin Bieber."

"NO! Justin Bieber has hair!"

Guest Celt

I'm the eldest of a wide age range group of acquaintances. During a large group dinner I heard a 20 year old say to an 18 year old "Back in the day...". I came up with a rule on the spot that if someone wasn't born before I graduated high school (1980), they coulddn't get to say 'back in the day'. It was met with universal approval.