On board Holographical computer/HUD

Enforcer84

More conversational power creation:

Concept: Battlesuit includes on board computer (built as a follower/computer)

INT 20 SPD 2

now my powers:

HRRH - Affected as sight/hearing/radio (Holo Display)

Some enhanced sensors

IR vision

Telescopic Vision

Lightning Calc

Range Sense

Time Sense

Edietic memory

AK: City 13- (Google Maps or the equivalent)

KS: Character's Database 13-

Anyone have any cool ideas for things to add?

If the computer included software to help with hacking would you consider that a bonus to Computer Programing, Security Systems, or Systems Operation?

Re: On boar Holographical computer/HUD

There is this nice Picture on 6E1 213 (I think Cyberpunk setting).

"Threath Filtering System": +X Perception (Visual, or Visual and Acustic). The suite detects and highlighst dangers/relevant things in high speed and absolute precision. It might see the face you are looking for (or someone you look for on general) in the crowd.

The A.I. Interpretation of Jarvis tended to point out relevant things for Tony.

You could put Anaylse into the Suite. I thought about using "Analyze Supertech" to simulate the abilites of Super-gadgeteers to find weaknesses in the enemy. This could as well be a feture of the suite itself instead of the user.

Skill Level, only to counteract makign things fast is also an option - the suite helps you to quickly process the situation.

One big question is if you should go for a Computer(Folower) or Focus with it's own Speed here (APG II). It would allow your computer to focus on tasks while you fight but might also be more expensive/less reliable.

I'd add N-Ray Vision, to simulate either a) the computer downloading floorplans/electrical wiring/plumbing blueprints and displaying a simulation (though that would probably need some limitations to model properly) or B) to simulate the on-board computer combining data from ALL its sensors (including passive or active sonar) to map the nearby environment into your HUD. Or some combination of the two. You wouldn't REALLY have N-Ray Vision, but effectively you would--though you could still be surprised occasionally.

I'd add N-Ray Vision' date=' to simulate either a) the computer downloading floorplans/electrical wiring/plumbing blueprints and displaying a simulation (though that would probably need some limitations to model properly) or B) to simulate the on-board computer combining data from ALL its sensors (including passive or active sonar) to map the nearby environment into your HUD. Or some combination of the two. You wouldn't REALLY have N-Ray Vision, but effectively you would--though you could still be surprised occasionally.[/quote']

I built something similar with Spartial Awareness:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/88903-Detect-this!?p=2292057#post2292057

I'd add Images at a basic level only to show others what data you have gathered

I have a character with an AI Follower that had N-ray and various other senses

in 1 adventure we had to defuse a booby trapped nuke

the Images allowed others to use their skills to add to my base Demolitions and Security systems skill rolls

Images was the interface between Silk Detective and her AI(long gloves)

it could project a keyboard for her and just watch her type and use a mouse

it could also hear,speak and sign(it never was meant to fool anybody)in English,Latin and ASL(ASL for quiet quick communications)

Wow...learn something new every day. As unbelievable as it seems' date=' there's a website for the [b']Cy-Boars[/b]. Thanks Enforcer, I learned my weird new fact of the day due to your inability to spell!

Hey, that background includes a tesselated pattern of hexagons....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says in other words, They Might Be Gamers

Of course' date=' once we have porcine HUD technology perfected, we will need to expand upward and work on bovine HUD technology to give a chance for the deer and antelope to play.[/quote']

You'll need to work on a cervine HUD for the deer. (I hope this doesn't count as a discouraging word.)

Wow...learn something new every day. As unbelievable as it seems' date=' there's a website for the [b']Cy-Boars[/b]. Thanks Enforcer, I learned my weird new fact of the day due to your inability to spell!

I can spell just fine, it was the typing that stymied me.

I'd add N-Ray Vision' date=' to simulate either a) the computer downloading floorplans/electrical wiring/plumbing blueprints and displaying a simulation (though that would probably need some limitations to model properly) or B) to simulate the on-board computer combining data from ALL its sensors (including passive or active sonar) to map the nearby environment into your HUD. Or some combination of the two. You wouldn't REALLY have N-Ray Vision, but effectively you would--though you could still be surprised occasionally.[/quote']

I'd add Images at a basic level only to show others what data you have gathered

I have a character with an AI Follower that had N-ray and various other senses

in 1 adventure we had to defuse a booby trapped nuke

the Images allowed others to use their skills to add to my base Demolitions and Security systems skill rolls

Images was the interface between Silk Detective and her AI(long gloves)

it could project a keyboard for her and just watch her type and use a mouse

it could also hear,speak and sign(it never was meant to fool anybody)in English,Latin and ASL(ASL for quiet quick communications)

by the way I did want to thank you for those ideas :)

HOLOGRAPHIC ONBOARD COMPUTER

Val Char Cost Notes

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

10 DEX 0 11-

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 10

Cost Powers END

15 Holographic Display : Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1

18 Energy Circuitry: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (21 Active Points); REC: (8 Active Points); Personal REC (-1/2) 0

8 Comm Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight And Hearing As Well As Radio (-1/2) 0

28 Transmission Detection: Detect A Class Of Things 13- (Radio Group), Concealed (-5 with Detect PER Rolls), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid: x10, Tracking 0

10 3D Imaging: Spatial Awareness (Sight Group), Transmit (22 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Radio as well as Sight (-1/2), Requires A Find Floor Plans Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

Talents

3 Absolute Time Sense

3 Bump Of Direction

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

1 Program: Holographic Interface

1 Program: Search Databases

1 Program: Voice Commands

Skills

3 KS: Center City Utilities and Subsystems 13-

5 KS: Crusader's Database 15-

8 KS: Floor Plans and Landscapes on Public Record 18-

8 KS: Public Databases 18-

3 Navigation 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 126

Total Cost: 136

Total Disadvantage Points: 136

The computer is powered by the wearer's own electromagnetic field, sadly it only recharges when the individual would be recharging too. Too much activity on their part would burn out the circuits so the recharging protocols shut down to avoid this.