• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Marvel Wanted Taika Waititi to Direct Thor 3
http://screenrant.com/thor-3-taika-waititi-marvel/

Thor: Ragnarok Director Asks For Help From Other Marvel Directors
http://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-help-marvel-directors/

@JamesGunn @MrPeytonReed Hey guys. When you're making one of these big movies, how many explosions are you supposed to put in? I have one.
— Taika Waititi (@TaikaWaititi) May 12, 2016

@JamesGunn @MrPeytonReed And it's not so much an explosion - more of a "boink" sound.

@TaikaWaititi @JamesGunn Hmm. That's not gonna cut it, Taika. Check your contract. Marvel minimum is 42 onscreen explosions. Required!
— Peyton Reed (@MrPeytonReed) May 12, 2016

12. Add 11 school buses full of kids exploding & you’ll be good. People love that in superhero movies. https://t.co/4NH6FJf4jt
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) May 12, 2016

@TaikaWaititi @JamesGunn And they're strict! They didn't even count my Pym Tech explosion because "technically it's an IMplosion."
— Peyton Reed (@MrPeytonReed) May 12, 2016

Ahh got it, thanks! And do I have to put that purple dude in the floating chair in my movie? The magic glove guy. https://t.co/U8fFly4Ewg

Yes, but that’s not Marvel, that’s a new federal law. https://t.co/0Wk2RJreGq
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) May 12, 2016

@scottderrickson Hey man, don't tell anyone at Marvel but I'm freaking out. Strictly confidential!

Someone tell Jon Watts to join twitter. I need to know if he wants to swap titles. "Spiderman Ragnarok" and "Thor Homecoming" would rule.

I enjoyed the X-Men movie. You have to be aware of the characters from the "reboot", IE when Mcavoy and Fassbender became Xavier and Magneto. My only problem with it, and it was a problem with the X-Men comic for a long time is

Turns out they didn't really need anyone but Jean/Phoenix

I thought the characters were fun and well played.

I was pleasantly surprised by X-Men: Apocalypse.  It wasn't Civil War good, or even AoU good.  But it was good.  My biggest problem was that I just couldn't get over Psylocke's costume--Munn pulls it off, and I'm certainly not complaining about see her in it, but it was the most comic-book accurate costume when everyone else was in black leather, and it just didn't match.

[Tick voice] I AM THAT PICKY JERK![/Tick Voice]

Actually, it wouldn't bother me too much, because I'm not that big a fan of Carol Danvers (and am thus not invested either way), but I do think taking liberties with Disney/Marvel's first female lead superhero movie is going to be extra touchy period. Mess with her background too much, and your'e going to have folks grumbling that you didn't have Tony Stark, Steve etc tweaked similarly...

Disney might be wise in playing it safe with their 'first superheroine movie' . She already stands out to correct an imbalance thanks to her gender, from that angle, you could say she's got nothing to prove on the diversity issue.

I've been watching 12 Monkeys (time travel trigger warning) on SyFy lately. I think that Amanda Schull would make another good candidate. (Though Yvonne Strahovski is still my first pick.)

I was a bit surprised with Brie Larson, but as long as whoever they pick has the acting chops to pull off the character, I don't care who they pick. (And that's going to be hard to judge until we actually see the film.)

I really liked the light-based Captain Marvel in the 80s, is she even around any longer?  And what happened to the Binary powers?

If you mean Monica Rambeau? Yeah, she was great. She's still around. She ended up going through a series of name changes mostly because Genis-Vell was a jackass (Personal opinion) and is now currently going by Spectrum and last I saw was in good hands with Al Ewing

As for Carol Danver's binary powers, those got partially stripped away IIRC but I don't know the story. She can still get there if she absorbs enough energy I think, but I'm not sure.