Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logan.1179

Arena: General Discussion

Will this new match up be randomly picked or will The New Suicide Squad get to choose one, because if they get to choose one I would respectfully ask that I get a chance to choose a different competitor as well, since now Molly is now known as the person I picked for Wednesday and knowing who the opponent is would conceivably give an advantage to another owner.

Let it be known that with our powers combined we can put me back into the winner's bracket. We can once again see the righteous battle between good and evil, between Hermit and me. All you must do is vote for the Rising Sun in today's battle.

Bring about Hermit's reckonning! Restore justice to this world. Vote for the Rising Sun!

La Rose.

The MVP of my team this week is clearly Shuri.  Her victory on Monday over Karate Kid took him out of a matchup with Molly that he would have definitely won (with all due respect to the diminutive devastator).  That would have turned the tide this week, and I fully expect another match vs. Wonder Woman on Friday. 

Well done Shuri.  You earned the Black Panther mantel for the Tributes this week.

Crossposted from combat thread:

Ok, we're gonna mix up the arenas a bit for weeks 3 & 4. Here's what we've got next:

• Dungeon Monday
    • This arena is a large series of tunnels, the sewers underneath Cleveland. It has dim, emergency light. There is no getting out until somebody wins. +1 for warriors without any enhanced senses.
  • Blue Sky Tuesday
    • Warriors face off in the back of a cargo plane. The loading hatch has opened and anyone thrown out could fall to the ground below. +4 for warriors that cannot fly.  
  • Volcano Wednesday
    • The fight takes place inside a live volcano! There are rocks jutting from the magma. +1 for warriors with no life support.
  • Iceberg Thursday
    • This round takes place on an iceberg in the Antarctic Ocean. +1 for warriors with no life support.
  • Final Victory Friday
    • The final round takes place in a space coliseum. This is a straight up, head-to-head combat match with limited space for movement and zero concealment. +2 for warriors that haven't fought this week.

Honestly, I didn't mean to make an elemental themed week, but there you go. Fridays will always stay with the space coliseum. Other environments are still in the offing, too.

:sneaky:

• Blue Sky Tuesday
    • Warriors face off in the back of a cargo plane. The loading hatch has opened and anyone thrown out could fall to the ground below. +4 for warriors that cannot fly.  

Does falling out of the plane without flight constitute a loss? I.e., if Birdman was fighting Rockman in the plane and Birdman just decides to destroy the plane causing Rockman to fall to the ground, would the Commish consider that a win for Birdman even though Rockman could easily survive the fall?

La Rose.

Does falling out of the plane without flight constitute a loss? I.e., if Birdman was fighting Rockman in the plane and Birdman just decides to destroy the plane causing Rockman to fall to the ground, would the Commish consider that a win for Birdman even though Rockman could easily survive the fall?

La Rose.

Maybe these are the specially constructed adamantium airplanes that are resistant to magnetism and other forms of control.  :whistle:

La Rose.

Not necessarily. We've all seen too many action movies to fall for that. However, anyone that can't fly is at a severe disadvantage and might get a lot of votes for the opponent tossing them out. So the bonus is to help them survive the drop :)