Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

I kid. Seriously, the only reboot I recall causing is Krypto playing a bit too rough with someone once.

Many of your characters are very popular, they'll be fine.

...as long as you don't go into a match spending zero points.  That's how I lost Black Knight last season.  In retrospect, I was fortunate that was the extent of my losses that week.

(Black Knight got rebooted by an Amalgam.  O, the indignity!)

I feel your pain.  At the beginning of the Finals last season, Hermit had me outpointed 83-38.  I made it to Thursday before the point imbalance (and a 12-1 die roll) did my team in.

Good luck to you, sir!

I hope I do well on trivia this week to restock a bit on points.

Funny you should mention that ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to introduce a bold new profit sharing plan for the Arenas. Here's how it works! Any team that is not in the playoffs can still contribute by donating a portion of their points to any and all competitors of their choice. You may donate up to 6 points to any team, but it will cost. To donate to a team from your league, the points will cost 3 for 1. To donate to a competitor's league, you'll need to spend 5 points for each 1 point donated. So, for example, non-playoff teams may aid their league pals by transferring 6 points at a cost of 18 points.

Donations are made in secret (unless you choose to reveal them yourself). PM me with what you want to spend. This offer ends when trivia answers and cumulative points are posted, so you're going to have to gamble a bit.

Playoff teams, time to start shaking hands and kissing babies! :cheers:

I remind folks I got reduced to 6 points for the start of this season. It isn't like you guys didn't drain me like vampires on meth on my season 1 quest :P

Wow, you had twice as many as I had to start the season. And a trophy, to boot.

So if you're looking for sympathy, try the dictionary. You'll find it between snot and syphilis. :P

Funny you should mention that ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to introduce a bold new profit sharing plan for the Arenas. Here's how it works! Any team that is not in the playoffs can still contribute by donating a portion of their points to any and all competitors of their choice. You may donate up to 6 points to any team, but it will cost. To donate to a team from your league, the points will cost 3 for 1. To donate to a competitor's league, you'll need to spend 5 points for each 1 point donated. So, for example, non-playoff teams may aid their league pals by transferring 6 points at a cost of 18 points.

Donations are made in secret (unless you choose to reveal them yourself). PM me with what you want to spend. This offer ends when trivia answers and cumulative points are posted, so you're going to have to gamble a bit.

Playoff teams, time to start shaking hands and kissing babies! :cheers:

Oh I'm boned.

It's Pop Culture Trivia Time! A pretty easy batch to get you ready for the big dance.

1. For 1 point each, name each of the Friends and the character's actor.

2. For 2 points, which weekly television series was the first to air completely in color? Hint: it was in 1959.

3. For 2 points, what was the name of The Beatles' original drummer?

4. For 1 point each, what were the names of the characters in Jack Kirby's original fantastic foursome, The Challengers of the Unknown?

5. For 2 points, I fell in love with Scarlett Johansson after seeing which movie?

92021-good-luck-gentlemen-gif-Top-Gu-ur2

Oh, for the Love of all that is good and holy, PLEASE let us not have that conversation.

Why is it that everytime "I" want to talk about something "U" don't!?! Well "excuse me" for wanting to talk about something important! Yoy are always wanting to take BREAKS from "US"!

(^^)

La Rose.

PS. What is the deadline for the trivia? I am out and about now and may not be able to get back with answers until late tonight.

It's Pop Culture Trivia Time! A pretty easy batch to get you ready for the big dance.

1. For 1 point each, name each of the Friends and the character's actor.

2. For 2 points, which weekly television series was the first to air completely in color? Hint: it was in 1959.

3. For 2 points, what was the name of The Beatles' original drummer?

4. For 1 point each, what were the names of the characters in Jack Kirby's original fantastic foursome, The Challengers of the Unknown?

5. For 2 points, I fell in love with Scarlett Johansson after seeing which movie?

When it the due date for submissions, as it will take a couple of hours at least before I have sufficient time. 

You have until tonight sometime to get trivia in. I'll probably be in tonight, got a headache. And if Dex lets me use the computer, I can get some stuff done. I completely forgot to post win-loss stats. That darn cat. He acts like he's just discovered that he can meow and he loves the sound of his own voice. It's unsettling, because previously he only meowed if he was hurt or he was announcing another triumphant lizard hunt. I instinctively try to find him saying, "What's wrong?" but he's just staring at a wall or something. *sigh* So, let's say trivia and point donations are due by 8 pm tonight.

7b799278b67e71ecc492ddcaac4d812df93fd6c6