Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logan.1179

Arena: General Discussion

I face the Cherry Bombs? Man, I hate fighting against cheese cake, it's almost as if a part of me, some mysterious lower part, had completely different priorities.

A true mystery

Oh...this will be a laugh. :winkgrin:

So Squirrel Girl took the win quite handily. I didn't expect that. 

Perhaps if we do this kind of draft again I should do a Spirit Totem themed team: Squirrels, Cats, Lions, Eagles, etc. 

La Rose. 

I could definitely make use of Aquaman. Vibe could also be helpful in the right circumstances.

Looking at the rest of the list, I'm not seeing a lot. Honestly, outside of Aquaman, Vibe, and maybe Boom Boom, I don't really see anyone who would be more helpful than just going forward with seven.

Sadly, Squirrel Girl's "Defeat any opponent if the fight's off-panel" power seems to have overruled Nemesis Kid's "Defeat any one opponent" power.  Which is a pity as up to now he was my only consistent winner.

This week has been brutal and doesn't look to be letting up.  In life, not just Arena draft. 

I can't even see who my random was on Monday and how they did.  I guess they at least didn't die or I would have a message from the Commish.

Go Spot Go!

This week has been brutal and doesn't look to be letting up.  In life, not just Arena draft. 

I can't even see who my random was on Monday and how they did.  I guess they at least didn't die or I would have a message from the Commish.

Go Spot Go!

Nico Minoru

Arena:    0

Vote:    6

Roll:    11

Total:    22

Wonder Woman

Arena:    0

Vote:    6

Roll:    10

Total:    16

Nico Minoru wins!

You got out bought.

Hope other things go better for you

Lord Commissioner, I have a few questions concerning the upcoming tournament. I realize it's still a couple of weeks away, but I'm thinking about strategy and all that.

First, I assume this will be a single elimination tournament. Who qualifies? The top four teams? The top eight? All ten? And if it is all ten, do the bottom four seeds have a play-in round to make a nice, even eight team bracket?

That brings up the next issue, the number of rounds in the tournament. A four team bracket implies up to two rounds to plan for. An eight team bracket would mean three rounds, and including all ten teams means four rounds for the bottom four teams (assuming two play-ins). Is this correct?

Next, how will advancement be handled? Does the bracket remain fixed once the tournament starts (like the Big Dance in the NCAA), or are teams going to be reseeded after every round (like the NFL playoffs)?

Penultimately, are there as-yet-unforeseen opportunities for us to earn additional Bonus Points between the end of the regular season and the start of the tournament? Or is it pretty much limited to voting and trivia?

Finally, does there (or could there) exist some provision for buying a rebooted character back into one's roster for the tournament? True, if they already got rebooted, how useful could they really potentially be? But still.

Basically, I'm trying to decide how important the remaining two weeks of the regular season are going to be so that I can plan appropriately. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about some of these things. Any information you might provide would be most helpful. Thank you!

(Cross-posted to that other thread. Answer wherever.)

Lord Commissioner, I have a few questions concerning the upcoming tournament. I realize it's still a couple of weeks away, but I'm thinking about strategy and all that.

These are all very good questions.

Happy New Year everyone!

Ok, but seriously, playoffs will be the final four teams. Two weeks with only trivia in between to earn more points. Unless you want to buy them from me at $5 per bonus point. My PayPal account will get posted before playoffs.

Also, for those interested in Season 2, you will get to keep one player from your current team. Anyone joining us in Season 2 will get a free make-up selection to catch up. Points will not carry over, we start anew.