Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logan.1179

Arena: General Discussion

Will this new match up be randomly picked or will The New Suicide Squad get to choose one, because if they get to choose one I would respectfully ask that I get a chance to choose a different competitor as well, since now Molly is now known as the person I picked for Wednesday and knowing who the opponent is would conceivably give an advantage to another owner.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, Psy.  By now people have probably figured out that I went all random this week and spent no points.  I wish I could pretend this was a plan but it was the most miserable week by orders of magnitude.

Although now I'm kinda hoping one of my team gets killed every week.  My team name is oh so apropos. 

Yeah, I can see Magneto just jumping out and closing the plane and sending it to the ground in an amazing crash.

La Rose.

Excellent idea. Thank you, Rose.  :bmk:

BlueCloud2K2, I am genuinely sorry that the dice have mistreated you so badly this week.  Your team is scary good.  Mine is just lucky, at least for this week.

Maybe we'll meet again in the tournament....

Excellent idea. Thank you, Rose.  :bmk:

Now remember I trademarked that idea. So if you want to use it, it will cost you 10 points. ^^ But I think I can overlook such transgressions so long as you remember to not use it on me. ^^

La Rose. 

Lord Commish, I have another question: How big is the cargo plane? Could it, just as a hypothetical example, fit a 50 story Kaiju monster who will remain nameless? Just curious, ya know. ^^

La Rose. 

As an adder to the above question: what about the sewer tunnels? Are they somehow magical and prevent breaking? I mean, for example, just a hypothetical, ya know a maybe, a giant 50 story tall lizard monster was to appear in the tunnels, would they magically expand to fit him, burst and allow him to move into Cleveland proper, or would he be magically pinned down and unable to move? 

Ya know, just curious for no particular reason. ^^

La Rose. 

As an adder to the above question: what about the sewer tunnels? Are they somehow magical and prevent breaking? I mean, for example, just a hypothetical, ya know a maybe, a giant 50 story tall lizard monster was to appear in the tunnels, would they magically expand to fit him, burst and allow him to move into Cleveland proper, or would he be magically pinned down and unable to move? 

La Rose. 

I'm sure the owners of a certain large dog and flying dragon man have similar questions.

Lord Commish, I have another question: How big is the cargo plane? Could it, just as a hypothetical example, fit a 50 story Kaiju monster who will remain nameless? Just curious, ya know. ^^

La Rose. 

I have a feeling a certain King of Monsters would be out of this round...or suddenly plummet as he breaks the plane. I'm not sure a SHIELD helicarrier could support the tallest version. So he's probably out of this. (Since Tricephalous flies, though, he could still hang around. If he really wanted to.)

La Rose. 

I've seen enough Batman to know that certain sewer systems have very large individual chambers. Ant giant sized lizard type things (or any other giant sized type things) could be stationed in one of these. They would not be able to roam the tunnels, though.

japan-sewer-620-5.jpg

The combat is over for week 2. :hex:

:coach:  Standings
-----------------
The Universals     2 - 0
LAUGH              2 - 0
District-Psy       2 - 0
High Aces          1 - 1
Rising Sun         1 - 1
Scrapyard          1 - 1
The Hell-Razors    1 - 1
Magic or Mundane?  0 - 2
New Suicide Squad  0 - 2
Cherry Bombs       0 - 2

Here are the opponents for Week 3:

The Universals     vs.       Magic or Mundane?                                              

Scrapyard             vs.       Rising Sun                                                  

The Hell-Razors    vs.       High Aces                                                  

Cherry Bombs       vs.       The Tributes of District-Psy                                

LAUGH                  vs.       The New Suicide Squad    

So, next week is looking like it will be quite hard. First, I dumped a lot of points to win this week and Scrapyard has more points than me as of now. Second, ALL of his characters are tough cookies to crack. Third, the terrains themselves disfavor me as I have exactly 1 flier vs 4 or 5, no one who can fight in lava, and on a bit of a stretch two that could deal with the cold. BUT at least I the sewer one doesn't work against me - although I don't actually have anyone who can see at night (I don't think so at least).

So, here is hoping that the Gods of Gaming will favor me in this upcoming weak.  After all, they only rolled high for me once this last week. 

La Rose.