Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

How did you manage to not spend like any points that one week? Was that a pre-arranged agreement?

The quick answer to that is "yes". I realized before that week started that I could not bring myself into the championship even if I beat Hermit and the next foe. I also knew that if I wanted to beat Hermit I would have to spend like a teenage girl. But I thought I might be able to edge out a close loss or maybe a victory by eliminating the points aspect and using only votes and the dice. And win or lose it would set me up to be better off in the next season. Lastly, the weak prior I spent almost 50 points and still lost the week. So I approached Hermit with a deal where we both made a gentleman's agreement to not spend points.

While either of us could have lied and done so (I kind of wanted to in the final match ^^; ), I figured we both would keep our word. Besides, despite all my belly-aching, I like LAUGH and Hermit and wouldn't mind seeing him take two seasons (that doesn't mean I will be voting for him anytime soon!).

La Rose.

Ah, you ruined the story I had about how the universe was in cosmic alignment at just the right time for the grand harmonic conjunction. Mars was in retrograde, yadda yadda

Yup. Rose asked made the offer, and though I thought it would be risky as that would arguably give the die even more power, I took a chance. Rose was a man of his word, and in the end it worked out well for me. Not sure if I'd do it again or not. Again, not being able to have a buffer against the die can be nerve wracking

Oh, and as a side note, while Hermit got to enjoy a week of my not putting points against him, only E84 had me devote anything more than 12 points. Every week I allotted 12 points to my team. I think for two weeks I went with blowing all 12 points on the first day. This week against Bazza and in my first week I spread it out more. So in that way, against me, my foes have had a pretty easy time. Only their fear actually caused them to spend points.

La Rose.

Here is your playoffs bracket. In the Semi-Finals we have

LAUGH vs. The Justice Buddies

Big, Blonde, and Beautiful vs. It's Clobbering Time

That is last year's champion vs. three newcomers! Will he be able to repeat? Or will It's Clobbering Time take over as the dominant force in the Arena? Don't count out the #2 seeds, they're too good to overlook!

This is gonna be good! :rockon:

Question time: Do i root for the teams in my league that beat me or do I root for the opposing league because they didn't? 

decisions...

Same here, I went with characters I liked but many others didn't.  The D12 really did seem to constantly tease me, consistently losing me the critical matches but throwing me a bone now and then after the week was decided.   But the Knights who said Nietzsche fought the good fight, were never swept, never lost anybody.  Somehow, we turned into a pseudo-League of Assassins - taking out (for now) Red Hulk, Ditto and Man-Bat.

Congratulations to the four playoff placers!  As a bottom-feeder, I will expect well-reasoned and tactically astute observations to sway the howling mob in the post-season.

Next-to-last call for votes for the "To Infinity and Beyond" superdraft.

An especially tight race for the collaborators' award at this time, with 16 votes cast so far.

BTW, thanks for taking my Matter-Eater Lad suggestion for your deadpool. When you're up against a monster who defecates plutonium tacos, who else you gonna call?

I was trying to show camaraderie with Lady Pariah as both of us are newcomers, but my typing went awry.

Perhaps Hermit will be merciful and not kill more than one or two of my team.

george-r-r-martin-meme-generator-have-a-

I kid. Seriously, the only reboot I recall causing is Krypto playing a bit too rough with someone once.

Many of your characters are very popular, they'll be fine.