It's time for Christmas.....

Badger

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I did get a blow to my self-esteem. When engaged in small talk with a woman working at Subway (getting a meal one night after work) she was talking about her little kids (age 2 and 6 months).  And she asked if I had any children or grandchildren?

Hit me a couple of minutes later, when I got back to my car.

Grandchildren?  :fear::weep:

4 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Yep.

Remember that every great-grandparent you meet is confessing to you a family history of teenage pregnancy.

I met my great-grandfather (he died when I was 14 or so) and my mother was 20 years 5 months when I was born ... so .. guilty, I guess.  The others in that line were 24 and either 20 or 21 (3 years after she graduated from high school) when they dropped their sprogs.

Just now, Cancer said:

I met my great-grandfather (he died when I was 14 or so) and my mother was 20 years 5 months when I was born ... so .. guilty, I guess.  The others in that line were 24 and either 20 or 21 (3 years after she graduated from high school) when they dropped their sprogs.

Egad; I should have proof read better.

My apologies to Cancer and the others.  While teen pregnancy is the most common thing leading to a "four generations!" photo, I left out the second "great."   Great-Great-grandparents.

There has been a staggering influx of holiday themed "five generations in one holiday-themed photo!" photos popping up the various feeds I tend here and at work, and no one has really paid mind to what this indicates, in terms of human longevity versus the length of the gestational period:

However, I have also been taught that "Congratulations on getting knocked up at 14, all of you!" is not the proper response to this.   

What a world....

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

You out-of-town bastidges have no idea who good you've got it....

Or Alyssa Milanos?

Le’s see...comparing Alyssa Milano to a delicious treat you have to peel apart to fully enjoy.   So many things to say...so many ways to get banned of the site forever.   Good night folks!!  Don’t forget to tip your waitress!!

12 hours ago, death tribble said:

Once you are 33 you can legally have grandchildren. You father at 16 and your kid has a kid when they are 16 and 9 months. So don't sweat it

Yeah, I do remember an obituary, 10 years ago, where a woman born within a day or 2 of me (possibly maternity ward mates, I suppose) she died at age 33, leaving 2 children, and a grandchild.

Still, the first time hurts.