The Academics Thread

Pariah

4 hours ago, Bazza said:

Disagree. Been under the care of an exercise physiologist. It is an applied health science. 

Well ... That is certainly the way it should be.  But, you aren't in the US.  In the US, these SpEx bachelors degree programs are artifacts of the corrupting influence of NCAA Division I athletics.  Neither college education, health care, nor professional certification are messed up in other countries as they are in the US.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:33 PM, Pariah said:

That feeling when a student who has spent the entire year screwing around in class is suddenly interested in passing because he needs good grades to be eligible for the soccer team.

When said student's guardian comes in to complaine how you are failing the student, even though you have offered extra time after school, tried to get the parent involved (who has ignored your e-mail, voice mail and snail mail), etc...but it is YOUR fault that Little Johnny is failing and don't you know Basket ball is how he is going to succeed in life because he is the LeBron James)

On 6/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, JmOz said:

When said student's guardian comes in to complaine how you are failing the student, even though you have offered extra time after school, tried to get the parent involved (who has ignored your e-mail, voice mail and snail mail), etc...but it is YOUR fault that Little Johnny is failing and don't you know Basket ball is how he is going to succeed in life because he is the LeBron James)

Despite the kid being 5"4.😪

And Spring Quarter 2020 is over, as I post course grades with 14 hours to spare on the deadline.  Nowhere near as bad as I feared at the outset, but it was sure obvious that I hadn't done things this way before.  So, I was generous with grades (for me).

On 6/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, Cancer said:

And Spring Quarter 2020 is over, as I post course grades with 14 hours to spare on the deadline.  Nowhere near as bad as I feared at the outset, but it was sure obvious that I hadn't done things this way before.  So, I was generous with grades (for me).

Just did this myself a couple of weeks ago. Congratulations on making it through.

Here's to not having to do it again (I hope). :cheers:

Sometimes in my chemistry classes we use a solution of copper (II) sulfate, which is a pretty light blue color. It looks a lot like a certain flavor of Gatorade, in fact. And invariably, one kid will ask, "Can I drink this?"

I always answer the same way: "Once."

23 hours ago, Pariah said:

Sometimes in my chemistry classes we use a solution of copper (II) sulfate, which is a pretty light blue color. It looks a lot like a certain flavor of Gatorade, in fact. And invariably, one kid will ask, "Can I drink this?"

I always answer the same way: "Once."

You shouldn't hang me on a hook, Johnny.  My father hung me on a hook once.  Once.