Random Television Quotes

Cassandra

"At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the First Ones."

"You're having delusions of grandeur again."

"Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones."

• 4 weeks later...

"General or Commodore or whatever you're calling yourself, right now I'm on the bridge at the toughest, fastest, most powerful ship Starfleet has ever put into service. And I've got a fleet of them at my back. We've got our phasers locked on your warp cores. And nothing would make me happier than you giving me an excuse to kick your treacherous Tal Shiar ass. But instead, I'm going to ask you one time to stand down."

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

• 2 weeks later...

"Steven, whatever you're doing just stop. If we do everything they say they might go easy on us."
"But they're... mean! They hurt my friends, they hurt my face! They've got you here in prison!"
"That's why we can't fight them."
"That's why we have to fight them."

"Oh great. You're both out? And you're fused again? Why? Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Gems stronger. Quit embarrassing yourselves! I've seen what you really are."
 *chuckles* "No, you haven't."

"Captain's log, Stardate 3289.8. I am faced with the most difficult decision of my life. Unless we find a way to destroy the creatures without killing their human hosts, my command responsibilities will force me to kill over a million people."

"They say there's no devil, Jim, but there is. Right out of hell! I saw it!"
"Matt, where's your crew?"
"On the third planet."
"There is no third planet."
"Don't you think I know that?! There was, but not anymore! They called me, they begged me for help, 400 of them! I couldn't! I-I couldn't!"