Random Television Quotes

Cassandra

"Are you all right?"

"It's my family. My daughter Belle had an accident. She's a child who tends to take risks. She's going to die."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'll be all right. I shut down the program. I'm not going back."

"Maybe you should think about that, Doc."

"I couldn't begin to face it. It was too difficult."

"I guess all of us would avoid that kind of pain if we could, but most people don't have that choice."

"Well, fortunately, I do."

"Is it so fortunate? You created that program so you could experience what it's like to have a family. The good times and the bad. You can't have one without the other."

"I fail to see why not."

"Well, think about what's happened to us here on Voyager. Everyone left people behind, and everyone suffered a loss, but look how it's brought us all closer together. We found support here, and friendship, and we've become a family in part because of the pain we shared. If you turn your back on this program, you'll always be stuck at this point. You'll never have the chance to say goodbye to your daughter, or to be there for your wife and son when they need you. And you'll be cheating yourself of the chance to have their love and support. In the long run, you'll miss the whole point of what it means to have a family."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"And you, you're Ned Stark's bastard, aren't you? Did I offend you? Sorry. You are the bastard, though."

"Lord Eddard Stark is my father."

"And Lady Stark is not your mother. Making you the bastard. Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor. It can never be used to hurt you."

"What the Hell do you know about being a bastard?"

"All dwarves are bastards in their fathers' eyes."

• 2 weeks later...

"Then tell me how a soldier of the Wall Guard became King of the North?"

"And how did a member of the Lannister family become Queen Daenerys Targaryen's assistant?"

"Long and bloody story. To be honest, I was drunk most of the trip."

"Your humming suggests you may be experiencing distress. May I remind you that circumstances are less dire than they were. Mr. Kirk identified one error you can avoid. By eliminating that option, he has improved your odds."

"Was that actually your version of a pep talk?"

"Yes, I've been working on them."

"Yeah, I wouldn't take your foot off the gas on that one."

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt. I'm Christopher Pike. My world is called Earth. And though it's far from here, my people and yours are very much alike.

"This is my world today. But we were not always peaceful. This is Earth in our 21st century. Before everything went wrong. It's a lot like your world today. Recently I was treated to a glimpse of my future. It was not all I'd hoped. After all, what good is there in knowing your future? A friend of mine asked me that recently and ... didn't understand what he meant. Until now. I've seen my future. Let me show you yours.

"Our conflict also started with a fight for freedoms. We called it the Second Civil War, then the Eugenics War, and finally just World War III. This was our last day. The day the Earth we knew ceased to exist. What began as an eruption in one nation, ended in the eradication of 600,000 species of animals and plants and 30% of Earth's population. Global suicide.

"What we gave you is the means to exterminate yourselves. And from the looks of you, you're gonna do it. You'll use competing ideas of liberty to bomb each other to rubble, just like we did, and then your last day will look just like this.

"Perhaps, somewhere, all your ends are written as indelibly as mine. But I choose to believe that your destinies are still your own. Maybe that's why I'm here—to remind you of the power of possibility. Maybe that's the good in seeing my future—that I might remind you that, right up until the very end, life is to be worn gloriously. Because, till our last moment, the future's what we make it. So go to war with each other. Or, join our Federation of Planets, and reach for the stars. The choice is yours."

"I asked for Captain Sheridan!"

"Um...He's busy."

"I don't like surprises!"

"Really? Love 'em, myself. To me, everything's a surprise! You're a surprise. This place is a surprise. You see this? Paper cut. Hurts like hell! Anybody else would be upset, but to me, it's just one more wonderful surprise! I mean, I even surprise myself sometimes! So I guess there's nothing wrong with me surprising you. Right?"

"I like you! You're trouble!"

"Well, thank you. That's the nicest thing anybody's said about me in days."

"I know. I'll have Quark send one of his minions with our basket. We'll have our picnic up there."

"Madame Ambassador."

"Lwaxana."

"I don't eat. This is not a real mouth, it is an approximation of one. I do not have an esophagus or a stomach or a digestive system. I am not like you. Every sixteen hours, I turn into a liquid."

"I can swim."

"You have training in high-level quantum physics, don't you? My engineers tell me it's gonna take three days to clear the lightning bugs out of the prison shuttle. I have something on deck that requires every trained mind available. You're gonna help us out."

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"No thank you. Respectfully, I owe a debt for my crime, and it'd be best... I'd prefer to serve my time without getting involved."

"You think I care what your preferences are? Until your vessel's repaired, you'll be assigned to quarters and put to work. I'm not a chauffer. There's no free rides on my ship. You were once a Starfleet officer. I will use you or anything else I can to achieve my mission."

"And what mission is that, sir?"

"To win the war, of course. Send everyone home. Safe and happy."

"Don't you see? Your hand may be stilled, but your gift cannot be silenced if you refuse to let it be."
"Gift? You keep talking about this damn gift. I *had* a gift, and I exchanged it for some mortar fragments, remember?"
"Wrong! Because the gift does not lie in your hands. I have hands, David. Hands that can make a scalpel sing. More than anything in my life I wanted to play, but I do not have the gift. I can play the notes, but I cannot make the music. You've performed Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Chopin. Even if you never do so again, you've already known a joy that I will never know as long as I live. Because the true gift is in your head and in your heart and in your soul. Now you can shut it off forever, or you can find new ways to share your gift with the world - through the baton, the classroom, or the pen. As to these works, they're for you, because you and the piano will always be as one."

"Roger, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. Roger, if I were using that microscope right now ... I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem. Thank you for your call."