Which adventure would you like as a convention game?

dsatow

Which adventure would you like as a convention game?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which adventure would you like as a convention game?

• Fight evil Cultists wielding magic who seek to bring the end of times
    • Fight evil Nazis invading from their hideout on the moon
    • Fight evil color coded Ninjas and their secret plan to decimate their enemies

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2019 at 05:40 AM

14 minutes ago, drunkonduty said:

Maybe it's just me, but space nazis on the moon has been a thing in my gaming circle for years. I assumed it was the same for everyone. My bad.

Actually,  Robert A. Heinlein’s  juvenile novel  “Have Space Suit Will Travel”  had a group of leftover Nazis trying to regroup on the moon as bad guys.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

Actually,  Robert A. Heinlein’s  juvenile novel  “Have Space Suit Will Travel”  had a group of leftover Nazis trying to regroup on the moon as bad guys.

I _swear_ to you that I am _not_ typically this pedantic, but I was laughing hysterically when I read that read sentence.    :rofl:  :rofl:

With your permission, I would like to offer the following correction:

Actually, Robert A Heinlein's juvenile novel "Have Space Suit Will Travel" had as bad guys a group of leftover Nazis trying to regroup on the moon.

Seriously: I am _not_ that pedantic!  It's simply that only through the offering of the alternate wording could I explain just why the original phrasing slated me with the mad giggles (though I admit sleep deprivation may have played some small part in my reaction. ;)    )

"Hans!  Vuld chu like to choin me on ze moon?"

"Fritz, ze riech ist collapsin_g_!  Vat vuld ve du on ze moon?!"

[melodiously]  "Ve cuht be baaaaaad   guuuuuyyyss......"

:rofl:    :rofl:

(yeah...   I think I'm going to bed now.....)

(thanks, Amorcka!)

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I _swear_ to you that I am _not_ typically this pedantic, but I was laughing hysterically when I read that read sentence.    :rofl:  :rofl:

Actually, Robert A Heinlein's juvenile novel "Have Space Suit Will Travel" had as bad guys a group of leftover Nazis trying to regroup on the moon.

Seriously: I am _not_ that pedantic!  It's simply that only through the offering of the alternate wording could I explain just why the original phrasing slated me with the mad giggles (though I admit sleep deprivation may have played some small part in my reaction. ;)    )

(thanks, Amorcka!)

That’s a coincidence, sleep deprivation made me write that sentence that way.

5 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Maybe it's just me, but space nazis on the moon has been a thing in my gaming circle for years. I assumed it was the same for everyone. My bad.

For me too.  Heck space nazis have been popping up in RPGs for years.  The old Tales From the Floating Vagabond had them.  I've seen them in a lot of space pulps.  When I saw Iron Sky I thought it was a cool homage movie because itvwas pulpy and had space nazis.  But except for a dim memory of 50s style bubble helmets, I can't recall the exact shows.  TFtFV was an 80s game and when it came out sn's were pretty common in pulpy/humorous/supers games.

Wow.  Just wow. 60%  I guess Space Nazis isn't so overused that people aren't enthusiastic about playing in a con game with one.

Just some background:

I liked the trailer for Iron Sky and then I saw the Revell model Haunebu II at appropriate scale and my mind came up with a silly con game story.  I thought, it might be fun, but people might not like the old Space Nazi trope for a game.  Never been so wrong in my life.

19 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

(thanks, Amorcka!)

To be fair, the Nazis didn't think of themselves as being the bad guys.

I could see a group of Nazis, disgruntled over losing the war, regrouping on the moon and vowing that next time it'll be different.

The world didn't like us last time? Just wait until they see us when we're trying to be the bad guys!

Last night I was thinking of a group of supervillains that all wore skulls and related insignia on their costumes.

I was looking at the Black Terror (reimagined as a villain) as an example.

The obvious name for such a group would be SKULL. DC has a fairly minor villain group with this name, but I think this could be ignored.

Let's see: Society of the Kreative (oops!) Use of Lawlessness and Licentiousness?

Unfortunately, licentiousness, while amusing, isn't the right word here.

SKULL could be a bit Hellfire Club-ish, I suppose.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:25 PM, Tjack said:

It was Rocket Ship Galileo, not Have Space Suit, Will Travel. But we're getting off topic...