Happy New Year 2020!

Pariah

As we cast 2019 onto the dungheap of history, let me take a moment to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

I hope this New Year brings you peace, joy, and prosperity.

I hope the mountains you will have to climb in the coming year lead you to vistas that make your heart race with the thrill of achievement and fill your soul with a sense of wonder.

I hope the New Year brings our world a greater sense of community and hope for the future.

I hope we can all meet here again in 366 days and talk about how much better 2020 was than 2019.

Happy New Year, my friends.

I am going to have to be very careful with the TV this year. It's an election year in the US, so we'll be seeing ads and talking heads all year.  The year-long campaign is fairly unique to Americans, and the process (especially this year) could well drain the soul. For me, it's going to be painful and probably trigger a lot of intrusive thought patterns and bad memories.

Canadian and American time zones are mostly the same, not counting the above-mentioned states. However, our easternmost province of Newfoundland and Labrador does its own thing time-wise, and is 1/2 hour later than the rest of the Atlantic seaboard of North America. So the Newfies will greet 2020 first on this continent.

7 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Canadian and American time zones are mostly the same, not counting the above-mentioned states. However, our easternmost province of Newfoundland and Labrador does its own thing time-wise, and is 1/2 hour later than the rest of the Atlantic seaboard of North America. So the Newfies will greet 2020 first on this continent.

I guess they get a "Gander" into the future

:D

6 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I am going to have to be very careful with the TV this year. It's an election year in the US, so we'll be seeing ads and talking heads all year.  The year-long campaign is fairly unique to Americans, and the process (especially this year) could well drain the soul. For me, it's going to be painful and probably trigger a lot of intrusive thought patterns and bad memories.

First, I hope all of you have a new year that is better then your last, no matter the level you had.

second, quoting Michael. mine gets even worse, due to being a tax preparer, I spend the first 3 and a half months recording things, then the next 6 months catching up while watching baseball semi live, meaning I get a double dose of political ads AND all the tax companies (including the one I work for) commercials from the season.