Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Re: Create a Hero Theme Team!

I think I'll borrow one of the inferred teammates SKJAM mentions off panel, if that's ok...

"I'm thinking that maybe we should boot Cheer Girl from the team."

"What? She's hell on wheels in combat. And it's not like we can be extra picky."

"When she shows up for combat, sure. That's maybe...two-thirds, half our battles? She almost never sticks around after the fight, she doesn't come to planning meetings, she won't tell us her secret identity."

"Oh, like you share all your personal details. I'll talk to Cheer Girl, see if I can get her to open up about why she's being so erratic about attendance, but you have to understand that not everyone has your extreme dedication to crimefighting. And sometimes teenagers, they just have difficulty talking about their problems."

Helen aka Blue Streak (third to bear the legacy) frowned as her teammate and good friend walked away to , presumably, seek out cheergirl. Blue Streak had always been dedicated to her calling as a superhero. It was as much in the blood as the genes that had been forever altered with her maternal grandmother had taken the first formula nearly a century ago. The incredible distances she could cover combined with turning on a dime made her an excellent coordinator for the rest of the Sisterhood but she doubted some of them would ever see her as its leader. She hoped she was at least reminding them where the goal posts were, and the standards a hero should have.

Helen missed her regular team. It had hurt terribly to have her own husband question her sanity and their resulting argument had gotten pretty heated. Only one or two good friends kept her from abandoning all else BUT the mission.

I want this over with. She thought, not for the first time.

Rising to her feet, she got ready for another hourly patrol.

Helen has a lot of problems. Some of them she's unaware of. While if she knew of Cheer Girl's plight, she would be sympathetic to it and try to help Bob. She's noticed some of the villains are now missing, but hasn't linked it to Sophia yet. If she found out Sophia was pulling an 'ends justify the means' bit, she might call for the mystic's expulsion or even arrest as Helen is very 'old school' in some ways.

Worse, her former team mates (at least the male side of it), of which her husband is one, are increasingly convinced that she's been mind controlled or is having some sort of nervous break down. They are considering capturing her and getting her psychological help. If this were attempted, it would probably push Helen's already damaged marriage to the breaking point for her.

If it weren't for her friend(s) on the team to fall back to, she might REALLY have a break down if and when it all hits the fan.

Lina Veritas is used to people not believing her. They didn't believe her about the curse. They didn't believe her about the end of the world. They didn't believe her about the spell that blocks the minds of men.

They didn't believe her, but that was okay.

She was the Truth, and she lived to show others what that meant.

(Lina is a psychic who sees the future, alternate timelines created by her choices, as well as lies. This does not make her popular for the obvious reasons.)

CES

Martha Chorostowski was something of a rebel when she was young. Always arguing with her parents and their outdated views, defying authority figures, hanging out with the progressive crowd. In the late 1960s, Martha (going by Mattie at the time) was one of several protestors who broke into her college's High Energy Physics Lab to break up a cosmic ray gun they'd heard was being developed for the military. The experimental prototype exploded, and somehow the cosmic radiation (and perhaps the cocktail of drugs she was on) reacted with Martha's body to give her sonic powers.

Martha (under the codename Freebird) joined a group of young heroes called the Radicals, and adventured with them for a few years. But eventually she graduated from college, had to find a job to support herself, and started meeting men whose lives didn't revolve around politics. The Radicals broke up, and Freebird moved on to a more standard hero group for a while. She met a nice plumber, and they got married. Before Martha knew it, she was raising three boys.

Freebird was mostly retired during those years, but still got called upon every few months for emergency superheroics or to take a monitor duty shift during the busy season. It was towards the end of this period that Martha met Blue Streak and they became friends. As the boys grew up, Martha started becoming more active again. But even though she's well-preserved for her age (looks forty, tops), Freebird noticed she was getting slower and her eyesight poorer. She chose to retire entirely from superheroing, and do various civilian volunteer jobs instead. Her sons are grown now, and Mr. Chorostowski passed away a couple of years ago, so Martha had plenty of time to help charities and progressive causes.

But then the villains cast their spell. Martha watched aghast as the male heroes and policemen of the city ignored crime and injustice right in front of their eyes. When Blue Streak came by to talk her into signing up for the Sisterhood, Freebird returned to duty once again.

Martha's been trying to get Cheer Girl to open up to her, and been doing some snooping. If she finds out Cheer Girl's secret, Martha will be somewhat sympathetic, but point out that under the circumstances, in order for CG to properly work with the team, she should stay in her female form as much as possible. Martha has contacts, and can easily arrange some excuse for Bob's absence for a week or two while the villain situation is dealt with once and for all. And Cheer Girl can stay at Martha's house, she's got plenty of room! Martha won't quite grok Bob's fear of losing his real personality, and she's always wanted a daughter to dress up and teach about womanhood.

Martha doesn't much like Veritas, who could learn to speak truth with considerably more tact.

Okay, I do have another concept that would work with this group, but if someone else wants final member, go on and post.

Plain Jane is a very unassuming young woman. She is often overlooked by literally everyone. So when she discovered she can look like anyone she wanted; you'd think she'd look like a superstar. But she doesn't. She kinda like being in the background. There have been times when Cheer Girl has forgotten that she was there, times when Strider has passed her by, times when Brick has literally bumped into her.. You get the point.

But she's always there when the team needs her. Especially since the enemy seems to ignore her too, and she'd rather be a hero - even if no one remembers that she helped out. That's not what being a hero is all about anyways.

OK I think that's eight. Next team:

Some heroes fight for truth and justice and the American Way, but not true for the next group of heroes. This 5 group team would rather jam with their favorite rock band than fight villains. In fact, the only time they get involved is usually by coincidence, or someone asks them to help out. It's not that they wouldn't help, they just usually have better things to do.

You'd think that with their awesome powers, they'd bring in the bad guys by the truck load, but that's not the case with The Party Animals.

Note: The team doesn't necessarily have anything to do with animal backgrounds / powers / abilities.

Sammy "Spuds" McKenzieis a former Green Beret. He suffered from a mysterious disease in Afghanistan. And in an attempt to find a cure took an experimental drug that in combination with the disease caused his body into mutation. After honorable discharge he has been living for the day. Drinking his Bud Lite and listening to late 80s hair bands (bit old school, huh?)

Some powers

-apparently a limited immunity to alcohol (he drinks A LOT, with before any ill effects)

-enhanced sense of smell

-enhanced hearing

-increased stamina

-increased running speed

Plus of course, he stills has those Green Beret skills.

Disadvantages:

-tends to chase ladies in bars a bit too much

OK I think that's eight. Next team:

Some heroes fight for truth and justice and the American Way, but not true for the next group of heroes. This 5 group team would rather jam with their favorite rock band than fight villains. In fact, the only time they get involved is usually by coincidence, or someone asks them to help out. It's not that they wouldn't help, they just usually have better things to do.

You'd think that with their awesome powers, they'd bring in the bad guys by the truck load, but that's not the case with The Party Animals.

Note: The team doesn't necessarily have anything to do with animal backgrounds / powers / abilities.

Heh. I have to resist the urge to present Frat Man and his trusty sidekick, the Boy Kegger. How about...

Richard Stern cranked up the volume before stepping into the kitchen to mike some pizza. Predictably, the guy in the apartment next door began banging on the wall, but Stern ignored it. He knew the guy didn't have the guts to actually lip off to him face-to-face. (People don't tend to do that to someone who can smash through buildings like they're made of tissue paper.) Instead, Stern cranked it up another notch. After all, he reasoned, it's not music if you can't feel it. And besides, the guy was almost banging on the wall in rhythm to the music. Stern smiled at the irony.

A minute later, the banging stopped and Stern could enjoy his music in peace. It wasn't Sabbath's best stuff, but it was good enough to listen to. As he munched on pizza and drank some beer, he flipped open his wallet to check the state of his finances. Only a couple hundred left. Huh. That sucks. Gotta get some more. He idly wondered if Spuds would front him some cash, but they were drinking-and-rocking buddies, not close pals. Sill, there's always a few ways to get a few more bucks in the till.

He grabbed his costume and headed for the door, speed-dialing his cell phone as he went. "Yo, Detective Carlson! It's Headbanger. Listen, man, I was wondering if you have a case I could help with, preferrably something with a nice cash reward..."

Headbanger is your typical speedster-brick, doing many of his move-throughs head-first (hence his name). He's not the most tactically-minded or forward-thinking person around, but he gets the job done. He has a public identity, no close family or friends, and no job to speak of. (Sometimes he hires out to do heavy lifting, but his general laziness and poor work ethic preclude him doing that on a regular basis.) He is a heavy metal aficionado (there's little about that musical genre that he doesn't know) and can play a pretty good riff on his guitar, but strangely he has no ambition to be a rocker himself. To be honest, he has no real ambition at all.

Doctor Whatever

"You 'Doctor', are a menace!" Captain Chronos aka "My Buzzkill in the Chrome jammies" snarled behind him and pulled the phone line out before Darryl Wooster could make the call, and continued to rant, "Do have any idea what sort of disruption you are causing the time line? A time line I am obligated to maintain? It is my duty!"

"Well, I didn't vote for ya," Daryl aka 'Doctor Whatever' shrugged. "Look man, I was saving some lives. Important lives."

"No! That plane MUST crash, the tragedy of this plane crash will inspire not one, but two very crucial people in your time. YOU maybe immune to paradox, but they are not."

Daryl sighed, "Whatever," He said giving one of his own favorite phrases, "Man, you can't tell me that Lynyrd Skynrd never getting on the plane is going to destroy the world. Sorry, I mean, I love the band, that's why I'm here... or rather why I'm now. But C'mon, brah. You make it sound like ONE little phone call..."

"Will disrupt the lives of hundreds of thousands!" Captain Chronos helmet wings almost twitched, "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying you reckless little snot. Don't call me Brah!"

"You mad?" Wooster smirked then the smirk died at the glare. " Err... sorry. C'mon, I'm not a villain or anything. Heck, I AM trying to save lives."

"Oh no, why would I be mad? You may not be a villain, but you are utterly irresponsible. You going to concerts is one thing. Though why Wolfgang's patron didn't have you thrown out I'll never know..."

"Amadeus and me are tight," Doc W protested weakly.

"You try to seduce women from almost every decade you go into...."

"Is this about Susanna Hoffs? It was before she was married, and she is SMOKING in those Bangles videos..."

"Shut UP. You introduced beer to the stone age!"

"They couldn't replicate it..." he protested, "And it was a grim time of survival, they needed some fun."

"You almost started a religion with that stunt!"

"Ok..ok... but hey, kudos to you, you fixed it. I even helped undo it when they tried to construct that shrine to the keg."

"It is ONLY your moments of usefulness that even make you remotely tolerable, you menace to the timelines," Captain Chronos pressed a dial on his wrist, and Doctor Whatever felt tingly, "I'm blocking you for seventy two localized hours and then sending you back myself. "

"Oh man..."

"That's right. No time travel on your own power for 72 hours around you. If I could 'ground' you longer than a week I would. You still have your other powers. You can use them in your usual irresponsible ways. You can youthen middle aged women as a bribe..."

"Hey, can I help it if they're grateful?"

"Ferment your homegrown swill early..."

"Thanks for driving us to the hospital that night by the way. We didn't get the mix right and it could have been bad. I didn't enjoy the stomach pumping but..."

"QUIET. AND, you can, if you wish, fight crime side by side with your delinquent friends. Ironically, that has proven to be one of the LEAST damaging activities you have done. But for now, your time travel jumps are over. Do not make me extend it to a week."

"You do know I'm twenty one now, right? even without cheating. I'm a bit old to be..." But Daryl found himself vanishing mid sentence, and then back in his room, only a half second after he last left it, "grounded? Damn."

To console himself, he opened his closet and looked at his newest prize. Surely no one would mind that he had one of Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocasters? Still, better dad never find out.

Doctor Whatever is kind of a superhero, sometimes, somewhens, when the mood strikes him or things just happen to force him into it. He is also Captain Chronos' (or some other guardian of the timelines if you prefer) illegitimate (and for much of his early life, neglected) son. His idea of a costume is a black tee shirt with a melted clock logo on it and some faded jeans. As mentioned above, he has many temporal powers, the most important of which is immunity to paradox or being retconned. This , as much as his father's love, is why Captain Chronos can't simply go back to prevent the one nighter that caused Daryl to be born. If the Captain could, it would reduce his case load by a third

At first glance, Danny Ellwood, aka The Professor, seems to be out of place with the rest of the Party Animals. Quiet, studious, not really one for babes and booze. Yet he can pound the drums like he's the second coming of Neil Peart. Hyper-intelligent, he can pinpoint an opponent's weakness to the smallest level and has figured out a way to use his drumming as a form of Escrima. He's also blessed with a limited bit of precognition, which helps with tactics.

One of those flashes of precog keeps involving a young woman with a weird black knife standing over his bleeding, unconscious body. He doesn't know if he's dead, but he REALLY doesn't want to take that risk. Danny hasn't told the rest of the guys about this.

Victor McKenzie aka Vic Mackie aka Shield looks like the nerd who got accepted by the popular crowd. He wears glasses and as often as not he is reading up on something. His life changed when the series The Shield came on. Some of the jocks thought it would be great sport to torment him with the similarity of his name to the show's main character. It went too far when one of them suggested they should shave him bald. Maybe things would not have changed if they had not tried it in a crowded lunchtime cafeteria. Victor one punched to of the attackers and pinned the third to a wall where he told him in no uncertain terms what would happen to him if he ever tried tormenting him again. Everyone who was there remembers that speech. And people gave him a wide berth. Until one of the girls got grabbed by a maniac who planned on assaulting and killing her. Victor got to him and he beat him up in front of his year and told him if he did not confess to this attack and any others he had committed and if he walked on some sort of deal or trial technicality, then Vic Mackie would be waiting and would ensure there was a spot in the cemetary just for him. The maniac went down coughing up several crimes that got him put away.

Victor became popular but did not let it go to his head. He persuaded a couple of the jocks to take credit for the citizen's arrest. And he mixed with everyone in the year protecting them to graduation. Victor then went onto college and prefers his chasing of knowledge rather than the grind of superheroing. 'Look what happened to Batman. His parents get killed, his fiance gets killed, his back gets broken. Look at Spiderman. His uncle gets killed because he chose not to get involved. He made a deal with the Devil which cost him his marriage'

Victor has enhanced presence when he chooses to speak, some enhanced strength and durability but he is studying what else he may have and chooses whether or not to let the others know what he can or cannot do. The others don't play poker with him......

NT: Inspired by famous teams of Comics past, The Explorers. A team dedicated to expanding humanity's knowledge and to protecting it from natural, unnatural, supernatural and extra-terriestial dangers. Six members with a minimum of two women.

I'm stealing this idea from one of my former players who stole it from Tenchi Muyo.

Every explorer team needs a vehicle. Chris Munson is that vehicle. His technoorganic form allows him to change into any vehicle he can concieve from a veritech to the enterprise. He looks harmeless enough with thinning hair and glasses. Then his other form is ripping your base up from the inside.

CES

Exploration of the unknown is in the blood of Lady Aileen MacKenzie. Her great-great-great grandmother disguised herself as a man to visit such holy places as Lhasa, Mecca and Medina, and Mount Athos. Another great-aunt battled Cthulhu cultists and traditional gender roles in the 1920s. An accomplished swordswoman and a quick wit, Lady Aileen takes offense that a woman has no place in exploration and archaeology. Mind you, she also takes offense at the idea of big-boobed standards of Hollywood beauty "Tomb Raiders" too.

Lady Aileen's bloodline can trace itself all the way to the land of the Sidhe, Bryn Bresail. Every once in a while a spark of Glamour flairs up in a MacKenzie girl, giving them heightened reflexes and stamina, an empathy with the occult and supernatural (some have been accomplished magic users in the past, though not Aileen. The closest she has is danger sense, combat luck and blind fighting), pure stubborn bastardness and overall being a weirdness magnet.

Layne Maddox is known to worlds at large as Finder but members of the Explorers know that she prefers to be called The Cartographer.

Layne is good with maps. Really good. Set her in a taxi dodging in and out of traffic from the center of some city she's never been to out to the airport and she'll have a sketch of all the roads she traveled and landmarks along the way -- all produced in a few minutes on a cocktail napkin at the airport bar. Give her more time, though, and she does a better job. A much better job.

Layne rarely notices really important things -- consciously anyway -- when she studies an area for later map-making. It's later that the details come out. When she's got pen to paper or her hands deep in modeling clay or a good CAD program loaded up on the PC . . . that's when she starts putting in the things she didn't notice before. The things nobody noticed before. Secret entrances and hiding places and concealed cameras and alarm systems and, well, pretty much everything. If she's had time to study, and time to make the map.

But Layne is not restricted to making maps of locations. She has made maps of computer systems, alien biology, mystic ceremonies... You name it, she can map it. Given time. And materials. Once the map is made, it can be studied by Layne and by anyone else in the group. Vulnerabilities can be found. Hidden dangers. Opportunities.

Layne is just a young woman. She's no great martial artist or gun bunny. But she believes in herself and her map making abilities. That's why she's willing to go toe to toe with a villain -- after she's mapped him/her/it, of course. Given enough time to prepare, Layne will probably win that fight. She'll win it by having foreseen all the dangers there are to see and preparing herself to act upon vulnerabilities. She'll make sure that she's got the protection the fight will require. The tools she'll need to take down her opponent. Once she's fully prepared, Layne has no trouble jumping into the fray.

Of course, if Layne is surprised by some new danger, she's hosed. She'll scream like a little girl. She'll cry. She'll try to run. She might very well soil herself. So The Cartographer really counts on her teammates to keep her safe in first contact situations. Then the Explorers count on Layne to tell them what they're really up against and help them overcome it.

Note: You might very well want to rule that Layne's maps degrade or are useless after a time. Things change. What was a hidden entrance once is a trap now. What was a villain's Achilles heel last week might be well protected this. Layne might make a good NPC (or DNPC) for PC heroes to consult on things odd or when they're really desperate for a clue.

Hunters don't get the respect they once did. That's why, when asked, N'taka Umbulu lists his occupation as "zoologist." And indeed, his doctorate *is* in zoology. But his true love is hunting. He's studied techniques from around the world (and even managed to talk to a few alien hunters), and learned all about animals, monsters and various sentient species so that he can track, chase, trap and capture just about anything he has a mind to. N'taka doesn't kill except for food or to protect others; he enjoys the chase more than ending life. Besides, bringing it back alive is usually more of an achievement. He's skilled with a wide variety of hunting weapons and traps, and carries several kinds of ammunition for emergencies.

Hope folks don't mind if I go for a two fer, but I decided I want a married couple on the team.

Deep and Thought

Theo is thirty eight years old, Daphne is thirty six. They've been married for fifteen years, and the honey moon, while strained at times, has never ended. When a younger man, Theo was that rarest of telepaths, the sort who rather enjoyed the chatter of random thoughts in the background. While he tried his hand at using his powers as a telepathic hero, his true gift lay in communicating mind to mind. Still, he knew he was going some good and struggled to make a go of it.

Daphne was in her words, once 'perfectly ordinary' though Theo would firmly deny that. Rather than be insulted when Theo showed up late for one date after the other, or assume the worst, she merely became curious. Her had a great interest in anthropology and cultural studies, and minored in psychology. In short, she wanted to know what made her boyfriend tick. It wasn't long before she uncovered his secrets. Her boyfriend was a mind reader who risked his life! Rather than think him a monster, it made him all that much more appealing and sympathetic and she confessed her knowledge...by thinking VERY Hard at him. Theo, realizing how silly it would be to get mad at someone 'peeping him' given how he often slipped and did it himself was not angry, but rather delighted. In each other, they'd found soul mates. They wed soon after.

As will happen with 'masked adventurers love interests' Daphne became embroiled, not always by choice, in Theo's exploits and in the machinations of his foes. She was kidnapped often, threatened even more so. And she missed him on those long missions where she hardly ever got to see him, though the telepathic bond between them meant they could at least talk. Then came the undersea adventure where, on a romantic cruise, Daphne found herself separated from her husband during a scuba dive. She encountered an alien ship trapped in the seabed (And running out of it's own air supply). Risking her life to save the aliens (and blowing up the rubble over them with an old sea mine) she nearly died as the shrapnel tore her suit. She should have drowned.

Instead, the aliens, realizing the human proclivity for mutation exceeded their own, altered her in order to save her. She could withstand extreme pressures. She was now strong, could swim faster than a mako shark, and , of course, could breath underwater. Of course, the gills and webbed toes and fingers did make blending in normal society almost impossible.

The two love birds were worried for a time, but when the chance came up to join the Explorers, they leapt at it. Theo had never really enjoyed crime fighting much, but this way he could use his powers and still help humanity in the field of discovery. Daphne felt she had something to contribute especially in maritime expeditions, and could follow something very akin to her career dreams in meeting cultures. Being constantly on the move with the Explorers also made it hard for their enemies to track them down. While both use their names pretty openly now, some newspaper wag dubbed her Deep and him Thought. They roll with it, loving every minute of their new ' careers'.

New Theme for a hero team:

Shout out to Log-Man for his love of the big guys (and big gals) as well as a test to see how much variety we can get despite a 'common power' restriction. The next team is "The League Of Giants!" though much of the public has insisted on shortening it to "LOG" . The League has five members plus one base outside of town. Each member is a giant or can be. Some can control their growth, others are stuck at their immense size all the time (minimum 10 feet tall). LOG was founded to give those with growth powers access to comrades who would understand the obstacles that face the 'Overly Endowed of Stature' superhero. Each team mate knows what is is like to have to watch where you step even as you take out the latest threat to the city, and how folks you are trying to save are likely to freak out if you walk past their sixth story (or higher) window. No crime fighting giant is refused membership, whatever their origin or nature. It's almost as much support group and social club as it is superhero team. All that's required is a big heart... in all senses of the word. :)

He was given the name Kouzan by his handler, named because he was found in hibernation in the Akaishi Mountains in Japan. At a height of twenty eight feet and looking like he was chiseled from a glacier, it's clear Kouzan isn't from Earth. His handler (and friend) Juri theorizes that Kouzan may not be alive in the "human" sense, instead thinking he may be a techno-organic organism. The Japanese public assumes Kouzan is just a giant mecha battlesuit with ice blasts. Kouzan (with Juri) have joined the League in order for Kouzan to learn more about Earth, protection so that no one exploits the giant's abilities and, more importantly, find out whoever or whatever is responsible for Kouzan's existence. Kouzan's memories are very dim on that latter.

The chanting and cheering faded as Sigrid stood over the fallen form of her childhood friend. Maeve still drew breath of course, Sigrid had vowed as much, but the Contest of Champions had come to an awkward conclusion. The Champion had no desire for the game or its prize.

Dovana the Seer, leader of the Brunhildar frowned severely, it was with a touch of irony that she spoke, "I really should have foreseen this turn of events."

Sigrid smiled. The grumbling increased.

Finally one of the war-maidens bellowed, "Fie upon you and your foolishness Sigrid! You spit on our traditions!"

"Spit on them do I? Was Brunhildar not founded on the idea that we were more than mere property? Have not the frost giants felt the bite of our swords?" She spit towards her accuser, "Do you wish to test my worthiness in battle Hilga?"

The room grew silent, that was a challenge none of the other's wished to accept. So with angry glares (and more than a few thoughtful stares) Sigrid the Champion knelt by her friend. At first Maeve didn't acknowledge her.

"Come now my sister in battle, don't be angry. You fought well and have much to be proud of. I would never have thought of going easy on you." Sigrid smiled warmly, and helped her friend to her feet. "You were clearly the best warrior I faced this day."

Maeve flushed slightly, her pale blue skin turning darker.

"Matriarch Dovana, as the winner of the Constest, I chose not to wed Baldiir Jarlson, Prince of the Storm Peaks, and Slayer of the Fire Giant Moarag. Though he is a fine warriror..." she smiled sweetly at her friend, "he deserves someone who fancies him more than her own freedom. I choose exile."

The muttering bubbled over into full excited discourse. No war maiden had turned down the Contest in six generations! When the fervor had died down, Maeve was chosen as the Champion and excitedly prepared to wed her beloved. Sigrid was, as tradition held, forced to work in the mines for six weeks as the exile ritual was prepared.

When the day came she was given her belongings and waited. Once the portal was opened she said a prayer to her fallen foremothers for guidance and stepped through.

...and appeared in Manhattan. The rest, is history.

Sigrid, who had originally been dubbed "the Ice Maiden" by the press was quickly integrated to the super heroic community; she was certainly not the first of the new Asgardians to appear back in the midrealm. The Legion took her in almost immediately.

For my friends who know me too well:

yeah I swipped a bit of the Hyldnier from WoW; though these ladies are a bit more progressive. (a bit)

Sigrid is a 12ft tall warrior amazon. She is a melee combat specialist, her favored weapon is a greatclub which she can wield one- handed, but she also carries what amounts to an enchanted rifle, several blades of various length, and a shield. She's not the toughest brick in the game but she's probably the teams' best fighter pound for pound.

Dick Goodrich is the Human Blimp. While the ability to grow to 30 meters tall (no stops inbetween) is pretty impressive, Dick can also fly while expanded, albeit at only 20 knots. The Human Blimp's specialty is rescue work and airlifts--he has also been known to help out with construction if it's for a worthy cause. Despite his size and visibility, Dick's a fairly private person and tends to dress to the point of concealment when he's not full-size. He'd much rather you pay attention to the causes he supports.

First: *Squeee!*

Second: Marianne was a typical Kansas farm girl. She was the youngest in a loving family of five. Adorable, smart, she was everybody's favorite girl next door. She's a good girl, loves her mama, loves Jesus, and America, too. She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis. Loves horses, and her boyfriend, too.

She moved to the big city, and when she saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time, her proud American heart swelled with American pride. The she literally swelled with pride as she began to grow larger.

Today this American girl fights for Truth, Justice, and the American Way as American Heart, the Living Symbol of American Pride. Marianne is able to become a giantess of enormous power. The upper limits of her growth are unknown, but her powers seem to be tied to the amount of American Pride that she can summon, from within and from without. She famously walked in the Independence Day parade starting at 30 feet and finishing at 60 feet tall!

Since it is tacky of me to make the last member and then pick yet another theme, I'll instead try to describe a base fit for giants where the League hangs out.

The Cornwall Grand Estates were once "The Cornwall Sports Arena Complex".... in a reckless pursuit of a 'sure fire money maker' the previous owners of the land tried to put a baseball park, a basketball park, and a football arena all within walking distance of each other. However, the growth of the city went the other way, and this, coupled with a sports team NOT moving over as well as economic downturns lead to the construction becoming a huge money sink. Sensing an opportunity, some of the Founders of LOG pooled their resources, and got the land and buildings for a relative song. Each building was altered (Thanks in no small part (pun not intended) to regular sized superheroes who were happy to offer their skills at tech and mysticism to the cause) to better accommodate larger scaled superbeings. Most of the former buildings have floors and no longer resemble their old uses on the inside. The chairs tend to range anywhere from twice normal size to ten times. 'Snacks' can be gotten from a giant sized pantry or fridge. A large pool has been made to the side that most confuse for a small lake, at least until they see the hot tub setting. The football stadium even has guest bed rooms, though some of the members might be too big even for them.

There has been some thought into getting a huge privacy fence, so that some of the female members can sunbathe at full size in peace.

Ok. Whoever is up next, make your giant sized superhero/ine and pick the next theme ;)

Name: The Time Rangers

Members: 12

Theme: Heroes brought together from different eras to battle time travelling criminals. Members are part of the U.S. Government's Project Hourglass.

Umm, you seem to have forgotten to paste in your writeup of the last member of LOG.

And another group of time travelers?

Oops! we need another giant first.

To swipe a bit from dear Death Tribble

The Ghunds (Phonetic translation) are a race of humanoids from another galaxy. Bred as laborers/warriors by the expansive Keth Imperium, the Ghunds occupy one of the lowest social rungs of the imperial ladder.

Ghunds who show an aptitude for anything beyond labor are trained as warriors. Those who prove truly exceptional are often made gladiators. And then there's Kurak. He became a revolutionary. Not only is Kurak the smartest Ghund of the last seven generations, he is possessed of powerful telepathic abilities. When his revolution failed (as he knew it would) he was exiled rather than martyred (as he also suspected, ok he used his telepathy to "influence" the Emperor's sense of his own worth to his people) and so he was sent to a backwater world across the universe.

He of course, ended up here. Once the LOG was called in to make contact with the fierce Ogre terrorizing the coffee shop (he was taking forever to order) things quickly went from bad to awesome for Kurak.

Dubbed the Mental Giant early on he changed his name to Mind Titan after a few years, but he's also gone by Kurak the Amazing, High Brain, Blue Marvel, and Fred as his spirit of whimsy moves him.

Mind Titan is jsut over 10 feet tall, barely qualifying for the Legion of Giants. He is from a heavy gravity world and bred for labor/combat, so he can use his bulk. However his main weapon is his keen intellect and sense of invention as well as his suite of telepathic powers. (Yeah Brick/Mentalist/Gadgeteer, he tries to fill various roles in the team)

Ghunds are tall and thickly built with sloping brows strong jaws and tusks. They have skin color in the blue to violet range; dark, shaggy hair, beady eyes, and often wear clan/company tattoos. Kurak has his hair cut short, it's black, and he's missing the tip of his left tusk. He typically wears a thick kilt/apron hybrid (and shorts beneath) with lots of pockets and fasteners for his doohickeys.

Ok, now on to the Time Rangers!

Name: The Time Rangers

Members: 12

Theme: Heroes brought together from different eras to battle time travelling criminals. Members are part of the U.S. Government's Project Hourglass.