One Has To Go

Starlord

59 minutes ago, Tjack said:

I’ll keep Thor and Captain America and dump both Kirk and Starlord.    Does that mean I can get rice back.

Starlord from this board just gave this post a heart.   Aren’t you going to stand up for your namesake?

I allow Peter Quill to exist for two reasons:

1.  He swore a blood oath to start putting a hyphen between star and lord.  I have this recorded on a Betamax cassette tape so that's like forever.

2.  He signed an affidavit with myself as notary admitting there are no whole numbers between 3 and 5.

So we're cool...for now.

Toy Story was revolutionary when it came out. I remember seeing it in the theater and being amazed at the animation, especially on the army men. It redefined how animated films were made. Gotta keep it.

The Lion King is basically Hamlet with talking animals. And look at the cast: James Earl Jones, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson, Cheech Marin, and Whoopie Goldberg (and Joe Williams, son of John Williams and lead singer of Toto). Gotta keep that one too.

Aladdin is not a movie in its own right as much as a vehicle for the late Robin Williams. And he was amazing in it. Gotta keep that one as well.

Shrek features Mike Meyers, Eddie Murphy, John Lithgow ... sorry, you lost me at Mike Meyers. Shrek has to go.

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

The Lion King is basically Hamlet with talking animals. And look at the cast: James Earl Jones, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson, Cheech Marin, and Whoopie Goldberg (and Joe Williams, son of John Williams and lead singer of Toto). Gotta keep that one too.

The Lion King was a ripoff of Kimba the White Lion. A Japanese anime TV series of the 1960’s.  It was so blatant a steal that Disney LOST THE LAWSUIT!!!       Disney *NEVER* Loses a lawsuit!!!!!!   But it lost this one.

🎼Who lives down in deepest, darkest Africa! (africa!)

Who the one who brought the jungle fame?

Who believes in doing good and doing right?

Kimba the White Lion is his Name!!🎶

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

I feel like some of you may not remember how well written Shrek was.  Which is understandable, given that it came out 20 years ago and we're all getting much too old.

I had forgotten how well-written Shrek is, but only because I've been suppressing the memory of ever having seen it.