One Has To Go

Starlord

I've eaten in all of them.  There's an IHOP across the street just north of campus here.  There have been Denny's here, but the two I can think of most easily both closed a few years ago, before the pandemic, so I'm not sure now where the nearest one to me is.  The nearest Waffle Houses to me now are in the Four Corners states.  For that reason alone, I think I can live without the Waffle Houses.

All three franchises subscribe to the same menu style of having pictures for everything.  This serves the over night patrons who are so exhausted or drunk that they’re incapable of reading or speech and can just point what they want.

When I was in high school, I once spent my birthday travelling (with friends) to all of the Denny's nearby for free food. I think we hit five in all. This was in the great San Fernando Valley, much greater population than anywhere else I've lived. I think we could have hit a couple more if we really wanted to. 

11 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

When I was in high school, I once spent my birthday travelling (with friends) to all of the Denny's nearby for free food. I think we hit five in all. This was in the great San Fernando Valley, much greater population than anywhere else I've lived. I think we could have hit a couple more if we really wanted to. 

I assume this was back in the “eat free on your birthday” days?