One Has To Go

Starlord

My first instinct is Star Wars honestly. Since the prequels I have absolutely zero interest in the movies, and I never had interest in the books. That being said, I have enjoyed The Mandalorian, and I will likely watch further series in that vein. Plus, baby Yoda. 

The DC movies have been hit or miss. Everything from Man of Steel through Zach Snyder's Justice League was so insulting and appalling that I would say trash it all forever, but... their animated division is successful more often than not, and I loved THE Suicide Squad. Plus DC still holds the rights to some of my favorite characters, so they get to stay. (As long as they spay Zach Snyder.)

Marvel stays, end of discussion. LOTR stays because I loved the trilogy and I want to see the upcoming Prime series.

So, I guess Harry Potter is out for me, too. I enjoyed them well enough, books and movies, but I didn't go nuts for them. I can live without it easily. (Though knowledge of the franchise was pretty much essential as a public librarian, my public library days are probably all behind me now. (Knowledge of the Twilight Saga was pretty important too at the time, but I would never save that dreck.))

Justice League / Justice League Unlimited was a fantastic series, the gold standard against which all succeeding animated superhero properties are judged.

Wonder Woman was a pretty good movie.

Other than that, though, DC--on film or in print--doesn't really appeal to me. It can go.

38 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Star Wars, because it has been really… uneven since Episode I and I’d just as soon there be something else to watch. Book of Boba Fett is okay so far though. 

Potter could go also, if only because its creator got weird. 

I note that Trek didn’t even make the list. 

J J Abrams Trek is not Star Trek is not real Trek. And that's the bottom line cos Shatner said so !

Star Trek: Discovery has been pretty good, the losses of Jason Isaacs and Michele Yeoh notwithstanding.

Star Trek: Picard is gratuitous and pretty much unwatchable, in my humble opinion. No plans to watch Seasons 2 or 3.

I haven't even bothered with Star Trek: Lower Decks. The ads have told me everything I need to know to know I wouldn't enjoy it.

Star Trek: Prodigy has been a happily pleasant surprise, and a source of bonding for my son and me.

I can see that, though Friends is there in the planet-in-close-orbit-around-a-supernova situation, and my wording on the last would be "Frasier doesn't cause me to leave the room immediately."  (This would have to be at some other location, since none of the shows in question would be on in my house.)

The characters in Seinfeld are sociopaths at best.

Every episode is of Frasier is exactly the same: Frazier (or Niles or Martin or Daphne) lies about something and then spends the rest of the episode trying to cover it up, ultimately failing in embarrassing fashion.

Friends was probably okay for the first three or four seasons, but ultimately all of the characters ended up becoming caricatures of themselves. Especially Joey.

The Office is weird. I like Steve Carell and everything I've seen him in except for The Office. And I'm generally okay with the characters in The Office, except for Steve Carell's character. In any case, I don't go out of my way to watch it. I'll leave it on in the background if there's not a game of some sort on TV at the same time.

As I said, I would trade them all for Wings. Heck, I don't even need the whole cast. I'd  trade them all for Crystal Bernard. I'm not normally a fan of short blondes, but for her I'll make an exception.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

The characters in Seinfeld are sociopaths at best.

Every episode is of Frasier is exactly the same: Frazier (or Niles or Martin or Daphne) lies about something and then spends the rest of the episode trying to cover it up, ultimately failing in embarrassing fashion.

Friends was probably okay for the first three or four seasons, but ultimately all of the characters ended up becoming caricatures of themselves. Especially Joey.

The Office is weird. I like Steve Carell and everything I've seen him in except for The Office. And I'm generally okay with the characters in The Office, except for Steve Carell's character. In any case, I don't go out of my way to watch it. I'll leave it on in the background if there's not a game of some sort on TV at the same time.

As I said, I would trade them all for Wings. Heck, I don't even need the whole cast. I'd  trade them all for Crystal Bernard. I'm not normally a fan of short blondes, but for her I'll make an exception.

I agree with you on many points.  

The reason I hate Seinfeld is that every episode I’d based on one of two linked concepts.  One of the “gang” wants to get an edge or benefit they don’t deserve and spent the episode trying to snake their way into getting it.  Or they think someone else has an edge or benefit they don’t and they burn with such envy that they spend the episode trying to stop them.

I hate The Office because the characters we the audience are supposed to be pulling for suck.  Pam is a doormat. Plain and simple, a lot of people are, both men and women.  But this doesn’t make them a hero or someone I want to watch and feel frustrated about every week.  She knuckles under to her shrew of a mother and her oaf of a boyfriend. 
   More reprehensible is the “hero” of the piece...Jim.  This man is a coward.  Unable to to move himself out of a job he hates that he knows will lead him nowhere.  Unable to tell the woman he pines for that he cares for her, even knowing that she cares for him too and is in dire need of rescue from her life. But most of all I hate his behavior in regards to Dwight.   Dwight is an idiot.  A blustering man-child and borderline sociopath. But at least Dwight comes at you straight on. If he doesn’t like you, he lets you know it.  Jim on the other hand can never seem to come out and confront Dwight about his nonsense.  His little tricks and pranks are those of a schoolboy unable to be direct with anybody.

About your stance on tiny blondes however......I give you Sarah Michelle Geller, Kristen Bell and Anna Faris.