What are you Gonna Be For HALLOWEEN?

Gauntlet

The only hazard that befell us on Halloween was when bigger kids would prey on smaller kids who were out late, stealing their loot after roughing them up a bit.

Oh, and the Halloween evening when it dropped 4 inches of snow on the trickertreeters ... the only non-trace snowfall that autumn/winter.

1 minute ago, Cygnia said:

There are two cases that come to mind with the pearl-clutching about doctored candy.

1964: Helen Pfiel

1974: Ronald Clark O’Bryan

No drugs, just out and out poison (though Pfiel claims hers was a 'joke', O'Bryan did it for the insurance on his own child)

Both mentioned specifically in the Snopes article.

Pfiel - she distributed inedible (and non-wanted) items, including rat poison "buttons".  Clearly marked as such...and she told those she was giving the items to what they were. She was charged, plead guilty, etc.

O'Bryan - didn't distribute to kids other than his own.  While horrific, his case wasn't about some crackpot distributing tainted Halloween candy - it was about a crackpot looking to kill his own son and collect insurance (using Halloween as a backdrop/scapegoat).

Just now, unclevlad said:

Simon, your Snopes article is dated November 1st....2000.

CRT posted one from 2018.

Yes, and it continues the same hysteria as all previous, because people seem to enjoy gravitating to unsubstantiated "urban legends" and respond to events as if they were true.

I would also comment on Fox News as a reliable source, but that belongs in another thread.

I read once about some frat guys who dressed up as little old ladies and carried a door around.  They'd knock on the homeowner's door and, when they homeowner opened it, the frat guys would open their own door, gush over the "costume" the homeowner was wearing, and give the homeowner candy, as if the homeowner was trick-or-treating.  Just the idea of it cracked me up.

16 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I read once about some frat guys who dressed up as little old ladies and carried a door around.  They'd knock on the homeowner's door and, when they homeowner opened it, the frat guys would open their own door, gush over the "costume" the homeowner was wearing, and give the homeowner candy, as if the homeowner was trick-or-treating.  Just the idea of it cracked me up.

maxresdefault.jpg

On 10/10/2023 at 8:17 AM, Simon said:

Since I just finished the test fitting...minor adjustments needed to the upper ab plate and the ammo chain is not in the pic due to a slight issue with failed glue on the mount.

IMG_6494.jpegIMG_6497.jpeg

The blaster cannon will not be making a public appearance (at the specific request of the local police)...for the best -- I built it for strength, so it's not terribly light...and extremely cumbersome.

Boba MacFett?