What are you Gonna Be For HALLOWEEN?

Gauntlet

1 hour ago, mattingly said:

Sort of a ravioli filled with spicy mashed potatoes.

or a potsticker.

Pierogi may be stuffed (singularly or in combinations) with mashed potatoes, fried onions, quark or farmer cheese, cabbage, sauerkraut, ground meat, mushrooms, spinach, or other ingredients depending on the cook's preferences. Dessert versions of the dumpling can be stuffed with sweetened quark or with a fresh fruit filling such as cherry, strawberry, raspberry, bilberry, blueberry, apple, or plum; stoned prunes are sometimes used, as well as jam.

12 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

So, when we were kids, what type of candy did you all want to get?

Dark chocolate mostly.  I was misdiagnosed with allergies to practically everything in the 80's, so any candy I actually got was taken by my parents and sister "for my own good".

Gentle readers, it was never for my own good. I was raised by toxic people.  :(

1 hour ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Anything but apples. There was always one old lady that dropped an apple in the bag . . . THUMP! . . . smashing the good stuff.

I remember those, even had one lady that liked to give oranges, and they are even larger and heavier so they smashed things even more.