What would your character do...Christmas Edition

Hermit

It is the blessed Yuletide, Christmas is soon, and last minute shoppers move hastily through the throngs at the malls in your hero's town.

On Christmas Eve, the rampage begins...

Santa, and his elven army appear and announce they are about to "Purge" the city of all "Naughtiness." The elves are armed with crazy yet dangerous 'toys' for weapons, and Santa seems to be a powerful mystic.

Naturally, there is shock and disbelief (Most not believing in Santa, and those who do can't believe Santa would be this mean).

What would your character do?

Re: What would your character do...Christmas Edition

Go rent "Enemy At The Gates".

Ghost Sniper is going to turn San Francisco into Stallingrad, and those Elves are going to be dying-one by one.

Then, she'll take down Santa.

Originally posted by Hermit

It is the blessed Yuletide, Christmas is soon, and last minute shoppers move hastily through the throngs at the malls in your hero's town.

On Christmas Eve, the rampage begins...

Santa, and his elven army appear and announce they are about to "Purge" the city of all "Naughtiness." The elves are armed with crazy yet dangerous 'toys' for weapons, and Santa seems to be a powerful mystic.

Naturally, there is shock and disbelief (Most not believing in Santa, and those who do can't believe Santa would be this mean).

What would your character do?

I foresee a Die-Hard situation. She'd be pestering them all over the mall, taking them out each time they seperate from the main group. Plus she'd make sure her team knew about it (by calling). When they showed up she'd give a breakdown of where she sees the thugs. Then the team would kick some butt.

Tekno would look around, see all the bizarre things happening around him, figure that it was all part of his "holiday trip" and step back into the club where the music would drown out the sound of the "naughties" being slaughtered outside.

Only hours later would he realize that it was real. "Dude," he'd say, shielding his dialated eyes from the harshness of the sun. He'd then go home and sleep for 12 hours.

Mister Fabulous (Hero): Shocked and horrified at the idea of a religious figure is committing violence against the citizens of the city, Mister Fabulous would go into a catatonis state. His assistant, Bert the Dog, would have a device built to automatically remove any drool that collects. The extent of Mister Fabulous's breakdown would of course be kept quiet from the masses. Bert the Dog would then utilize Mister Fabulous's Rolodex , to hire an army of mercenary aliens to invade the Earth and defeat Mr. Claus.

Doktor Grondicus (Villain): As Santa and the elves are in the city, Grondicus would launch a spy sattelite into orbit to find Santa's Workshop, which must be unoccupied. He will then drop a bomb on it. After that, he will call a press conference, where he will appear witha torn short and red bandanna tied around his head, claiming that he has destroyed the terrorist network that Mr. Claus has used to dominate the world for generations. He will avoid all contact with Dark Santa, claiming that is for others to deal with in a "mopping up" operation.

Mayday: In my town everything closed up at 6pm except the Walgreens. So, I set my VCRs to tape the local news channels (No way am I missing footage of Santa and flying reindeer) and hightail it to Walgreens to protect the shoppers, take a Per check of reindeer noses, and blow a roll of film. Maybe 2. I carry a camera and film for occasions such as these.

Then try to talk to Santa while police evacuate the area. What kind of naughtiness is he looking for? How can I help? Try to get him talking and into a Starbucks or that store with the incredible smelling Cinnabuns.

If he insists on Purging then I have no choice but to go on the 'Naughty' List, and see that theres no Purging going on round here.

Wraithe: Find Foxbat. Strangle Foxbat.

Marjorie: Vampire probably counts as Naughty and mage vs mage fights are messy so time to leave. Any elf that gets in the way becomes roadkill.

My character believes Santa is a spirit, not a physical being -- and would strongly suspect the genocidal robot faction. He'd probably help defeat this robotic impostor and his elf-drones if he could get away with it (read, if it wouldn't look like he was helping the "good" factions, which would cause him more trouble than it's worth -- they'd likely be able to handle this alone). -- Pteryx

Battlestaff would protect innocents, and make sure any civilians in the area were evacuated. Once the area was as clear as possible, he would go into agent-bashing mode, dropping elves left and right with his martial abilities. Once they were dealt with, he would go after the Big Guy himself.

Since Battlestaff does not believe Santa is a real entity, he would try to figure out why this villain decided to use this particular form to try and cause havoc. Of course, he would do this through talking with Santa while engaging him in combat, so that he's not focusing on destroying any other naughty people.

My PC would kick some elf (edited for younger viewers). And after the battle..... er........ I mean "festivities" probably quote Tiny Tim "This is the best Christmas ever". But realistically after reading some essay of the "physics of Santa" and finding out that to get around the world in one night he'd have to go fast enough to where he would have to face 17,500 times the Earth's gravity. Do you know how much strength and body that means he would have? Though i always suspected he had some time-stopping ability myself:D.

Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. This is precisely the sort of fight Bengal is looking for. He became a superhero to stop the Khmer Rouge in the jungles of Southeast Asia from coming in and seprating nice peopole from their naughty bits. First choice? Probably strangulation. Bengal is pretty adept at hiding and gliding, having purchased both as superpowers in one way or another. A swift tag from the ol' line gun would swing the sleigh at a crazy angle, and if Santa didn't just fall out entirely, he'd be bound up tight in about two phases, hoisted by his own Good Cheer.

As far as the aftermath, the culturally uninitiated Bengal may not know exactly what he'd done. Good thing he's got Supercontortionist to break out of the pokey when the cops get ahold of him.