Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

To France?!

Mjeh . . .

Italy?

Just might . . .

:D

I agree on the France bit at least.

Most of the coffee drinkers I know here in the US don't consider coffee an aperitif, they consider it to be a beverage. :D At one point in his life, my dad had 3 coffeemakers. Granted he didn't use all of them on a daily basis, but he did use 2 of them daily. So that he wouldn't have to wait for another pot to brew after finishing the first one off.

I agree on the France bit at least.

Most of the coffee drinkers I know here in the US don't consider coffee an aperitif, they consider it to be a beverage. :D At one point in his life, my dad had 3 coffeemakers. Granted he didn't use all of them on a daily basis, but he did use 2 of them daily. So that he wouldn't have to wait for another pot to brew after finishing the first one off.

Read an inteview with the american altenative comic artist Roman Dirge (perpetrator of Lenore The Cute Little Dead Girl) when he came to Sweden to attend some Comic convention or some such. The interwiever and the interwievee started off by going to a 7-Eleven and getting some coffe. After five minutes they had to cut short - Dirge could no longer open his mouth. His jaw muscles had cramped because of a caffeine overdose . . . :D

Twelve hours a day' date=' seven days a week sucks. Screw the money, I want time off. Oh, and I just found out my big boss was made permanent. That's like finding out George W. gets a third term. I'd compare their IQs but you can't compare something you can't find.[/quote']

Dude, that blows great green gangrenous donkey d!cks.

You need a new job. But then again, you already knew that...

Twelve hours a day' date=' seven days a week sucks. Screw the money, I want time off. Oh, and I just found out my big boss was made permanent. That's like finding out George W. gets a third term. I'd compare their IQs but you can't compare something you can't find.[/quote']

That sucks, dude! Why can't you get any time off?

Read an inteview with the american altenative comic artist Roman Dirge (perpetrator of Lenore The Cute Little Dead Girl) when he came to Sweden to attend some Comic convention or some such. The interwiever and the interwievee started off by going to a 7-Eleven and getting some coffe. After five minutes they had to cut short - Dirge could no longer open his mouth. His jaw muscles had cramped because of a caffeine overdose . . . :D

Ooh! Another Lenore fan!

Have you seen the flash animation?

Man, I hate it when my browser crashes hard and wipes out my bookmarks. :mad::eek::idjit::doi::ugly::thumbdown

Time to re-create the collection, and then throw a back-up copy somewhere. I'm a moron for not doing that latter before, the last time this happened. :stupid::tsk::slap:

Man' date=' I [i']hate it[/i] when my browser crashes hard and wipes out my bookmarks. :mad::eek::idjit::doi::ugly::thumbdown

Time to re-create the collection, and then throw a back-up copy somewhere. I'm a moron for not doing that latter before, the last time this happened. :stupid::tsk::slap:

Seconded. Had that happen to me the other day... :thumbdown

Man' date=' I [i']hate it[/i] when my browser crashes hard and wipes out my bookmarks. :mad::eek::idjit::doi::ugly::thumbdown

Gah, I am clearly having a Bad Day, mostly (but not completely) just failed DEX tests. Any systematic negative modifier just kills me, with my raw DEX 6.

At least I got my bookmarks mostly reconstructed, and a copy thrown out onto the backed-up-nightly group data disk.

It was rainy this morning for the first time in weeks. Not only were the roads slick (as the water freed up the oils that had accumulated over the dry period), but the Seattle Weenies were out in force, driving like it had been four inches of snow instead of 2 mm of rain. Got stuck behind an idiot who couldn't bring herself to go more than 22 mph. Few things are as aggravating at 0630 as a DWT.

Heidi and I are finally putting together the annual yearbook (2nd year) for Hailey's baseball team. When I start up the application we used last year, I find our free trial ran out! I've spent hours upon hours trying to make something else work for Heidi.

In the meantime I figured I'd remove the applications we couldn't use anymore. Somehow I blasted out a *.dll file and the PC is an instant turtle with many applications not working. We spent $50 on a new application that said on the box it could do what we wanted. While installing and driving it about, it caused more problems (may be the missing *.dll file, though.

Ended up uninstalling the new app. Installing/re-installing other apps trying to get the *.dll file back going. Tried to call Dell support and was literally on hold for HOURS. I'd finally get through and they'd mess up and disconnect. All the while I'm listening to a recording telling me to go to their website and various troubleshooting items.

I can't use the internet and none of those things work because the apps won't work without the missing *.dll file!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!

HOURS and HOURS later, after three nights of working, I finally replaced the *.dll file. I'm so excited to right back where I was before I started working on this damn project! What a PoS situation.

Now, I'm tired and I need to start this project that needs to be done by Saturday.