The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I AM AN ENGINEER DAMMIT! NOT A THERAPIST! NOT A CONTRACTS LAWYER! NOT AN HR EXPERT! NOT A BABYSITTER FOR YOUR FRIEND'S NEIGHBOR'S HIGH SCHOOL KID!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHH!!!

But then again, at least I don't need dialysis. Hope that gets better, dude. Or no worse. Or something.

I AM AN ENGINEER DAMMIT! NOT A THERAPIST! NOT A CONTRACTS LAWYER! NOT AN HR EXPERT! NOT A BABYSITTER FOR YOUR FRIEND'S NEIGHBOR'S HIGH SCHOOL KID!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHH!!!

But then again, at least I don't need dialysis. Hope that gets better, dude. Or no worse. Or something.

I know what you mean. All well-wishes appreciated, though in all honesty, there is no way for this to improve. My only hope is that my last lab tests had a random spike and it's not going to stay elevated; I have more labs drawn next Wednesday.

I had the weirdest feeling last night, when I tried to go to sleep. The only way I can describe it is that I didn't fit into my body right. It was like having your shirt on backwards, or your pants kind of half twisted, but it was like my whole body was 'off' like that. It was just the strangest sensation.

I've learned two valuable lessons over the years: 1) Sometimes life is pretty good, so when it is, don't focus on the negatives, and 2) Sometimes life is pretty crappy, and when it is, don't try to pretend that it isn't.

I am deeply sorry that you have to go through all of this Collie. However, when you are hit with legitimate hardships, there is no shame in letting them get to you. It's a lot like grieving for a loved-one who has passed away: the longer you try to be brave and not let it get to you, the longer it will haunt you. All emotions need to be felt or else they will never work themselves through. Once you're felt them and they fade of their own accord, it becomes far easier to get on with life.

Do what you need to take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. And like the Death Tribble says, it is possible to live for a long time on dialysis. Plus, medical techniques and technology are getting better every day. Life isn't going to be a bed of roses, to be sure, but there are good reasons to hope it can be far better than what you fear it will be like.

Is money ever not a problem? Even lottery winners are destroyed by money.
money is the root of all evil.

I think credit cards are a much worse problem. They destroy a lot more people than mere money. Can you name one 20th century invention that has caused more stress total ?

Nuclear weapons? Napalm? The automobile? The computer you're using right now?

Hmm... you know, I think you're right. Credit cards are up there.

See above. :)

Money is based on a faulty premise...

Money problems? Isn't capitalism more or less defined by everybody not having enough money? It drives the bus.

Oh, speaking of money, my wife loves interesting glasses. Has 7 or 8 pair, has gotten them in Paris, Brussels, Reykjavik, she traveled a lot in her younger days. Still, things are different now, right? I mean, it's not like she needs more than a pair every other year, when insurance will pay for it. But wait, they had a special! Buy one, get others at a discount! So let's go ahead and buy three new pair of glasses, and spend almost $500 on it!

What the @#$@%!!! happened to the "if we ever want to spend more than a hundred bucks, let's consult with the other person first" rule? Screw this, I need a new bicycle, I'm going shopping soon.

Money problems? Isn't capitalism more or less defined by everybody not having enough money? It drives the bus.

Oh, speaking of money, my wife loves interesting glasses. Has 7 or 8 pair, has gotten them in Paris, Brussels, Reykjavik, she traveled a lot in her younger days. Still, things are different now, right? I mean, it's not like she needs more than a pair every other year, when insurance will pay for it. But wait, they had a special! Buy one, get others at a discount! So let's go ahead and buy three new pair of glasses, and spend almost $500 on it!

What the @#$@%!!! happened to the "if we ever want to spend more than a hundred bucks, let's consult with the other person first" rule? Screw this, I need a new bicycle, I'm going shopping soon.

I hear Alotta Fagina has the village bicycle, you could probably get it cheap from her.

make of this what you will/like

That humans require a means of trade that is exchangable' date=' measurable, fungible, storable, and divisible into smaller units? :confused:[/quote']Passing along another's idea/truth/perspective...

Prosperity and abundance (which is not the same as money) is best held within one's consciousness. A prosperous individual knows that the source of their prosperity is limitless...the source is still unlimited or better put, unconstricted and unrestrained by the laws of scarcity or lack...An abundant individual believes in unlimited abundance. If he or she did not, their abundance would quickly dwindle into lack.

An abundant and prosperous individual is not the same as someone who is rich in money. Money is a commodity; it is a physical expression of a limited and outdated concept based upon the laws of lack while abundance is based upon a rich and unlimited source of creative expression.