The cranky thread

Hermit

8 hours ago, Pariah said:

PM me, and I'll send you the passcode to Bazza's phone. You can have the next two snipes.

:winkgrin:

Hey, I told you that passcode in confidence! 

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Thanks!  Who would have thought he'd pick such an easily guessable passcode?  Muahahaaa!

I will have you know that my passcode is impossible to crack. 

We found out yesterday that Lady P's favorite uncle (Uncle M) has melanoma. There are six tumors in his brain, and the cancer has gone metastatic. He was really slurring his words yesterday, so they think he's had a stroke.

This is just how Lady P's father died, three months before I met her.

Uncle M lost his wife several years ago, and while he's generally a jovial and upbeat guy, it's really taken a toll on him to be without the love of his life. He's ready to rejoin her, and has been for a while. He went into an assisted living facility just before COVID-19 hit, so he's more or less been in isolation for the past two years. I can see how it's drained the joy from his being.

So I suspect he's not long for this world. And it's okay; he's ready to go. But it sucks for the rest of us who'll have to go on without him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 3:57 PM, Logan.1179 said:

Handy man came today to do what I thought was a pretty routine light fixture install. Long story short... I'm lucky to have internet now. 

Handy man came back to finish job today. It was an ordeal, but he only charged me one hour's work. Very generous for the four to five hours it took all told. 

Completely unrelated, a crack has appeared in my toilet. This will be fun cheap a pain.

• 3 weeks later...