The cranky thread

Hermit

7 hours ago, Cancer said:

:rofl:

For me it is the Stockholm syndrome supporting globalist supervillains. 

58 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist. You strike me as pretty idealistic. 

What about disappointed realists? 

23 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

Whatever idealism I may have had died years ago. But I never had a high opinion about humanity, not even when I was a kid.

Yes, the lowest common denominator is distressingly common.

27 minutes ago, Bazza said:

What about disappointed realists? 

I reckon they would while away their days posting on a forum related to superhero/fantasy role playing games, or other activities that are basically pretend.

12 minutes ago, Bazza said:

You may be right, I may be crazy. 

Here's my number, call me maybe?

I kind of quit posting in this thread because I felt like I was whining, and because people showed up on the boards who I knew from reality.  But since they've been banned, I can chime in and say that I am involuntarily unemployed and my wife has an untreated personality disorder.  If anyone needs to commiserate about life, I'm your huckleberry.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, Cancer said:

Daughter (who has had her learner's permit less than a week) took out the gate and a bit of fence this evening.  Parking the car, trying to park it and square it up parallel to the fence.  Hit the gas instead the brake.  Crunch.

I have a nicely dented fender as a gift from my daughter.  I think that's probably slightly preferable to your situation, though.

I think everyone has a minor fender bender early in their driving education. Older boy once managed to drive into the back of someone else’s truck while attempting to park. Fortunately that truck was already in such a state that the damage to it was not noticeable, but my truck now sports a scraped up bumper. We fled the scene. :)

45 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I think everyone has a minor fender bender early in their driving education.

Not me. I rolled a pickup truck on (or more precisely, off) an icy country road and bent the frame. Totalled the vehicle. 

Among my initial driving experiences was spending an hour plus backing up and pulling forward without leaving the driveway (the car was a stick shift).  That way any damage should be limited to the garage door.  Should.

My current house lacks both garage and driveway, so the fence got hit.

Well, it looks like some jackass has hacked our credit union account. Our password no longer works, and when we try to reset it, it wants to send the confirmation email to an address that doesn't belong to us. I'm going to have to call them in the morning and straighten it out.

I [obscene gerund] hate crooks and other dishonest people.

And now, for some good news. It wasn't a hacker. It was just a software error. Turns out that if there's any kind of login problem it automatically directs you to that particular email address, which nobody at the credit union has any idea why it does that. So no, our account was never in any real danger. I overreacted.

The central air is having a hard time cooling down the place, probably because of the increased humidity from the storm last night. It's an older unit that I'm looking to replace next year, and it was having some issues on very hot days (above 110°F), especially when the afternoon sun hits the back windows. I had considered getting a room air conditioner for the media room/office, and it looks like that's going to be my project this afternoon.